GDT: Buffalo vs Winnipeg, 12/16/14, 8p

wjag

I have developed into someone that can play with the big boys. Listen to my technique, son.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9ZYLvcAFXQ

:clapping:

I think we do agree that he wasn't going to get the minutes, but who had earned it over him?

It had nothing to do with earning it. He was in the NHL for the proverbial cup of coffee just to show him how fast and physical the top league is, so he could see what he needs to develop in juniors and eventually in the AHL.

Old guy with fro: "I'm Rip Freaking Taylor, and I couldn't get seats in the first row. At least the guy in front of me didn't show up."

Ahem......woman, I think.

Well, Deslauriers will open up space, Stafford will float through said space, and hopefully Grigo can use the space to score.

I've liked Delauriers game. Win the shift, advance the puck, hit like a train.

All of the players who had NHL experience. So everyone on the team except him.

I don't think Nolan is the kind of guy that hands out gold stars for participation. I think you're dead on with "don't get him hurt before juniors". I'm not sure there's much to saying Hodgson or Stafford had "earned" more playing time than Samson coming into the season.

I don't think Nolan is the kind of guy that hands out gold stars for participation. I think you're dead on with "don't get him hurt before juniors". I'm not sure there's much to saying Hodgson or Stafford had "earned" more playing time than Samson coming into the season.

They're NHL players. That's the criteria. And that's the plan GMTM very clearly set forth for Nolan to follow when he signed a bunch of NHL vets to fill out the roster. I don't believe there was any chance Reinhart was going to get anything more than just the tip, just to see how it feels.

I have developed into someone that can play with the big boys. Listen to my technique, son.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9ZYLvcAFXQ

Didn't he eventually get PP time in like, his 8th game here though?

Not bad. Not bad. Let me show you how we do it, where I come from.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wS-_W-dOYeo

Edited by Yuri Olesha

They're NHL players. That's the criteria. And that's the plan GMTM very clearly set forth for Nolan to follow when he signed a bunch of NHL vets to fill out the roster. I don't believe there was any chance Reinhart was going to get anything more than just the tip, just to see how it feels.

Murray did seem irritated in an interview on the sabres site when Reinhart was sent down, saying something like "Well if he had gotten more than third line minutes we might not be having this conversation." I could have misread it but it seemed like he thought he wasn't given a fair shot to develop by Nolan.

Murray did seem irritated in an interview on the sabres site when Reinhart was sent down, saying something like "Well if he had gotten more than third line minutes we might not be having this conversation." I could have misread it but it seemed like he thought he wasn't given a fair shot to develop by Nolan.

Yeah, it was quoted in this article:

http://www.sportingn...-pick-nhl-draft

The problem is there's no context to the comment other than discussions on him not being physically ready. I don't know if that was the implication, that he wasn't physically ready for second line minutes?

Here's the audio:

http://bnwordpress.s3.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/8/2014/10/TimMurray.mp3

It seems to me that GMTM was kinda hoping Reinhart was ready.

Edited by d4rksabre

I'm having a difficult time finding a perceived slight against Winnepeg to rally behind. There's the Kaleta thing, meh.

Maybe this is about Grigorenko proving all the doubters wrong. Maybe it's about Neuvirth. That's not enough.

There's very little to hate about Winnepeg. Motivation is a problem for this game.

And how do you get a barge from Buffalo to Winnepeg? Up the the Hudson Bay and down? Not at this time of year you don't.

No, this game is about long term sustainability, not the magical barge powers of some slapstick long gone russian novelist.

It's not sexy, and it's not violent, but it will go a long way in determining the outcome of the season.

Players and coaches: keep up the good work, and make us proud.

I'm having a difficult time finding a perceived slight against Winnepeg to rally behind. There's the Kaleta thing, meh.

Maybe this is about Grigorenko proving all the doubters wrong. Maybe it's about Neuvirth. That's not enough.

There's very little to hate about Winnepeg. Motivation is a problem for this game.

And how do you get a barge from Buffalo to Winnepeg? Up the the Hudson Bay and down? Not at this time of year you don't.

No, this game is about long term sustainability, not the magical barge powers of some slapstick long gone russian novelist.

It's not sexy, and it's not violent, but it will go a long way in determining the outcome of the season.

Kozlov. Done.

They ended the win streak of the Sabres a few years ago when the started the season 8-0, 9-0 or 10-0. I forget which.. They were of course Atlanta then.

We'll disagree then. Because I think there was no chance of Reinhart getting the minutes everyone seems to think he deserved.

I agree with this. Samson wasn't earning anything and only until game 8 and 9 did he do anything of note. At the beginning of the season, with relatively significant roster changes, you go with the vets. Nolan has been trying to win from the get-go, he's not in on the tank and isn't making decisions relative to a tank.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.