GDT: San Jose @ Buffalo. 7:30 pm et, NBCSN

WildCard

I think Flynn is a responsible, smart player. Good work ethic. Rarely makes a mental mistake. Great speed. Decent, but not outstanding, talent. In my mind the major discriminator between Ellis and Flynn is Flynn's speed. Maybe he tops out at about the level of Darren Helm of the Red Wings? An every day player that does whatever is asked of him, with better-than-normal speed.

Recall that he's only been a forward for a couple years. He was a defenseman that the Kings wanted to try at forward when in the AHL.

Good point; that'd slipped my mind. Definitely a good two-way player.

I still think the Sabres should do the same with Myers. Maybe just a handful of games to see what he can do.

This will be comical if we purposely tank for two years and come away with Reinhart (who i believe will be an average player at best) and Barzal or whoever else is the 4th/5th rated player.

This is why you don't tank. The players and coaches are trying to win. Personally i hope this tank blows up right in TP's face. I don't want the dipshit thinking this is the way you build teams. Otherwise, he may decide to let the Bills hit 20 years with no playoffs.

This is absolutely one of the ways you build teams. Its been done before. Get rid of aging high paid stars and bring in picks and prospects that you develop within the system. Stockpile assets and use those assets when the time is right for quality players you target. Sign free agents with the resultant capspace you've freed up by setting loose the aging stars. Whats so hard to understand. Even if we don't get the top pick we will get enough top end talent to hopefully set this franchise up for years. It may not be the way you like it done but believe me you will enjoy the end product if all goes as planned. Its hard to imagine having the deepest prospect pool and all those quality high end picks won't give us a favourable result.

Edited by bunomatic

I wish they would at least put him in the slot on the power play like the Bruins do with Chara. Huge screen with good hands to get rebounds.

Agree, but also think about the times you see him do an end-to-end rush down the wing, finishing by cutting hard to the net, protecting the puck with that long reach, with the opposing defenseman unsuccessfully attempting to drape himself all over Myers. When he gets rolling he's damned hard to stop.

RJ returns and the team posts their first back to back wins......and home wins too!

I think this is much ado about nothing. On game night they Sabres are probably only vaguely aware of who's calling the first period. Yeah, it's a feel-good story but I don't think that's what's motivating the team. I think the timing is just a coincidence: RJ happened to return just as the team started to build some chemistry.

Edited by Neuvirths Glove

This will be comical if we purposely tank for two years and come away with Reinhart (who i believe will be an average player at best) and Barzal or whoever else is the 4th/5th rated player.

This is why you don't tank. The players and coaches are trying to win. Personally i hope this tank blows up right in TP's face. I don't want the dipshit thinking this is the way you build teams. Otherwise, he may decide to let the Bills hit 20 years with no playoffs.

Not sure what you mean by average but the rest of your take I disagree with too. Even if you get Reinhart and Barzal you still got two high end players, and this team doesn't have to mcdavid to win. They will win more either way. Just watch.

Not sure what you mean by average but the rest of your take I disagree with too. Even if you get Reinhart and Barzal you still got two high end players, and this team doesn't have to mcdavid to win. They will win more either way. Just watch.

The Kings have show that you don't need a Crosby (or McDavid) to win the Cup. If we don't get McDavid or Eichel, the sky isn't falling. We still have 3 first rounders in a really deep draft on the way (to go with all the other 1st and 2nd rounders we've amassed over the past few years).

Average in I believe he will be an average 1st round pick. Solid player but hardly anything worth purposely trying to get a top 2 pick over. As for the rest I honestly am ok with whatever way it goes. My problem is stuff like having McDavid play a game at FNC. Some of this crap is bush league.

That is not on GMTM, the coaches, or the players. That is on TP and the clowns that he lets make those kinds of decisions. That McDavid game was kind of the final straw for me in terms of thinking these guys have a clue.

That is not on GMTM, the coaches, or the players. That is on TP and the clowns that he lets make those kinds of decisions. That McDavid game was kind of the final straw for me in terms of thinking these guys have a clue.

It really felt like they unzipped their fly and started stroking it real hard in front of everyone. My reaction sounded like it.

"wait, what are they doing? They aren't...oh they are. That's kinda obscene dontcha think."

Agree, but also think about the times you see him do an end-to-end rush down the wing, finishing by cutting hard to the net, protecting the puck with that long reach, with the opposing defenseman unsuccessfully attempting to drape himself all over Myers. When he gets rolling he's damned hard to stop.

I think this is much ado about nothing. On game night they Sabres are probably only vaguely aware of who's calling the first period. Yeah, it's a feel-good story but I don't think that's what's motivating the team. I think the timing is just a coincidence: RJ happened to return just as the team started to build some chemistry.

I assume there's no connection too, but it's a wonderful coincidence though; if it helps RJ feel good, then all the better!.

I'd say RJ helped them a little against Toronto, and thus that confidence spun into last night's game.

Placebo effect.

If RJ was going to make a difference it would have been in the Edmonton game where he made the on-ice appearance. RJ wasn't near as visible the last two games as he was when he was trotted down to the ice with Jim Kelly.

I've always liked Flynn. He's not as strong on the boards as Matt Ellis, but he has more talent, more speed, and tries just as hard. He's the perfect kind of Nolan player to have around while we wait to get good.

I think that once the NHL expands Flynn will be included under the label of NHLer.

Which is exactly why the NHL should not expand.

Average in I believe he will be an average 1st round pick. Solid player but hardly anything worth purposely trying to get a top 2 pick over. As for the rest I honestly am ok with whatever way it goes.

First the Sabres should have tanked the 2013 season like I argued for months to no avail. That would have been a short season of sucking followed by either Drouin or MacKinnon. Second, the 2014 draft was weak but the good news is we got one of the top players from that class, most other teams will walk away from 2014 with a 2nd line guy here and a bunch of 3/4th line guys there. Reinhart is going to be good and when you say Average for a first rounder, that is a 20min a night forward who plays on your top two lines. Hardly worth it? You have no way of telling what Reinhart's ceiling is but considering he is making the WHL look like a bunch of peewee players that he can dominate, I wouldn't worry that he was a world beater on a team that gets beat by the world.

First the Sabres should have tanked the 2013 season like I argued for months to no avail. That would have been a short season of sucking followed by either Drouin or MacKinnon. Second, the 2014 draft was weak but the good news is we got one of the top players from that class, most other teams will walk away from 2014 with a 2nd line guy here and a bunch of 3/4th line guys there. Reinhart is going to be good and when you say Average for a first rounder, that is a 20min a night forward who plays on your top two lines. Hardly worth it? You have no way of telling what Reinhart's ceiling is but considering he is making the WHL look like a bunch of peewee players that he can dominate, I wouldn't worry that he was a world beater on a team that gets beat by the world.

Yes it was a weak draft. Considering most on here would trade Reinhart straight up for the 20th pick of the previous draft. Hell, some of the people in here would probably do Reinhart + for Mantha.

Man, that guy.

Lol. Big picture here. If all this tanking comes to fruition and we get McEichle who would you rather have? Mantha as his winger for the next 10 years or Reinhart as a 3C? We all think Grigs should be 2C right?

So our #2 overall pick is a 3C. Yeah those require tanking!!!!

Edited by sicknfla

Lol. Big picture here. If all this tanking comes to fruition and we get McEichle who would you rather have? Mantha as his winger for the next 10 years or Reinhart as a 3C? We all think Grigs should be 2C right?

Oh my god! We have too many centers!!! For the love of God, Tim Murray! No more centers!

Zemgus was picked 14th overall. That's the sweet spot.

Hodgson was picked 10th overall.

Reinhart was picked 2nd overall? Will he ever be as good as Jason Pominville?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.