GDT: Buffalo @ St.Louis; 8:00 pm et, NBCSN

WildCard

The Sabres head into St.Louis for a late night match up against a Blues team that seems to have rediscovered their talent. Taresenko of the Blues has been on a tear, and St.Louis has recently gotten back a few of their star players from injury in Statsny and Backes.

The Sabres meanwhile are coming off a 6-1 schelacking at the hands of Crosby and the Penguins. Zemgus Girgensons will get his first look at playing center for a solid line combination tonight as he centers Moulson - Girgs - Ennis, and Buffalo fans finally get to see just how great a 4th line player Drew Stafford can be.

Game preview: http://www.nhl.com/g...avid=sb:preview

Notable stats:

pbr + google drive problems mean you get no stats unless you clikc on the preview

Edited by Spndnchz

He is fully cleared to play. My guess is he is in at 4th line RW and Hodgson goes to the press box.

Oh, and Mitchell - Flynn - Gionta is a terrible line. Just terrible.

Why? Because it gives them the chance to individually show off their unique, ummm, talents, while failing to coalesce in any meaningful way?

Why? Because it gives them the chance to individually show off their unique, ummm, talents, while failing to coalesce in any meaningful way?

I've never been a fan of Mitchell going back to his pre-Sabres days. He can skate for sure... but he is just another smallish non-physical 3rd/4th line guy who can't score. Flynn is basically the same as Mitchell. And, obviously Gionta's best days are behind him. Given our offensive ineptitude, putting out an entire line of smallish veteran forwards who can't score leaves me less than excited.

My general school of thought is if we're going to play forwards who can't put the puck in the net, I at least want them to be physical players (e.g., Deslauriers, Kaleta, Stewart, Foligno when he is motivated, etc.) or kids who are learning the NHL game.

...watch Mitchell - Flynn - Gionta light it up tonight now!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.