Centers - What the Sabres think all Wingers can play

LGR4GM

I don't see the reason for heartburn re: Reinhart at wing. Guys like him excel switching back and forth from wing to center. Partick Sharp immediately comes to mind.

As for Stafford at center, if you are pro-tank, why would this bother you?

Well, since you bring it up; totally hosing the forward ranks allows the playing of stronger D and the better goalie w/ not much risk of hosing the tank. When they're ready to try to get better results from the forwards, the Mess and Beaners and the midget can get prime roles. ;) :doh:

I don't see the reason for heartburn re: Reinhart at wing. Guys like him excel switching back and forth from wing to center. Partick Sharp immediately comes to mind.

He has the brains and vision to be a center, not the speed and strength to be a winger

Edited by WildCard

As for Stafford at center, if you are pro-tank, why would this bother you?

Because for me it signals issues with Nolan. If he randomly plops a career winger on center ice, can I be even remotely confident he's creating an environment to foster the development of the kids? If these kids don't develop properly the rebuild time frame is extended. I don't know how much a coach influences development, especially over the long haul (my guess is it delays, but does not destroy...but yea, total guess), but I'm compelled to at least wonder.

Not sure how Sharp was as a prospect, but I doubt he was slower or smarter than Samson.

If we're comparing anyone on the Hawks to Reinhart, I'd think it'd be Toews.

The point was simply. plenty of centers have shown the ability to do well switching between wing and center, even ones that aren't big or overly speedy. It wasn't a direct comparison of Reinhart and Sharp.

Do you guys read up on prospects SAT scores or something? Is there some website where we can watch Sampson think faster as the season goes on?

The point was simply. plenty of centers have shown the ability to do well switching between wing and center, even ones that aren't big or overly speedy. It wasn't a direct comparison of Reinhart and Sharp.

I get that, but at the same time there are some players that are more suitable to be moved to the wing than others. Can Reinhart play a capable wing? Of course he can. But center is his better position, we was drafted to be a center, and it's much more valuable than a winger. I don't see the point of moving him over just because we can.

Do you guys read up on prospects SAT scores or something? Is there some website where we can watch Sampson think faster as the season goes on?

I pay a guy who knows a guy who passes me bs I can throw anonymously online in hopes of proving a point :P

I haven't heard many players extolled for their brains as much as Samson was, and I doubt many people can look slower than he did the first 9 games of the season.

I get that, but at the same time there are some players that are more suitable to be moved to the wing than others. Can Reinhart play a capable wing? Of course he can. But center is his better position, we was drafted to be a center, and it's much more valuable than a winger. I don't see the point of moving him over just because we can.

I pay a guy who knows a guy who passes me bs I can throw anonymously online in hopes of proving a point :P

I haven't heard many players extolled for their brains as much as Samson was, and I doubt many people can look slower than he did the first 9 games of the season.

I don't think it is a case of moving him because anyone can. Sometimes teams find themselves with so much depth that moving a C to W is necessary to keep the top players on the ice.

Not that Buffalo knows anything about that. :P

If Reinhart is a smart as posters here keep intimating I would think that would only help him be successful in a transition between positions.

Edited by weave

Stafford will instantly be the Sabres best centre.

From what the players have shown this year, Flynn might be number two.

*EDIT: not counting Girgs of course. He's above regular Sabre discussion at this point.

Edited by dudacek

You know what is good about this? He's not a good power forward. And now he doesn't have to be.

So he's playing D now? :)

"Whatever" - this is my phrase for this season. I refuse to be emotionally twerked by these kinds of things.

As per WGR, new lines have been announced:

1st Line

Cant Score - Cant Score - Cant Score

2nd Line

3rd Line

4th Line

You stopped listening too soon.

They also said that there are new combinations of the *D* pairings, as well

Edited by Sabres Fan In NS

As per WGR, new lines have been announced:

1st Line

2nd Line

3rd Line

4th Line

I guess Loses the Puck and Bad Pass are in the press box tonight.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.