GDT: Pittsburgh at Buffalo, 7 p.m., 11/8/14

Hoss

How many times can anybody repeat the same answer game in and game out during the post-game before somebody finally says '###### it, I have no idea'.

I actually think that as long as the tank is the plan, it should be the owner, president, or GM answering questions in the post game locker room? The guys are playing their balls off and they are hanging them out to dry. What a bunch of cowards.

I actually think that as long as the tank is the plan, it should be the owner, president, or GM answering questions in the post game locker room? The guys are playing their balls off and they are hanging them out to dry. What a bunch of cowards.

*insert slow clap gif here*

Dwight, I don't know if you are reading the game day threads, but if you are, here is my apology to you. Yes, Darcy is a fecking weasel. He has foisted upon us this abomination of a plan and sold it to the masses. and for that he is most definitely a weasel.

This is an embarrassment of epic proportions.

Feck the tank.

That's quite a mixed metaphor. But an interesting take. I think it's fair to say you could plot "talent level" and "amount of effort perceived" on a chart and find that the relationship would be proportional.

That's quite a mixed metaphor. But an interesting take. I think it's fair to say you could plot "talent level" and "amount of effort perceived" on a chart and find that the relationship would be proportional.

I think his idea is dead nuts. Management has created this monster. They should be the ones to answer for it post-games.

My wife asked me, "Why are they so bad"? I couldn't answer her rationally. They are are all professional hockey players. The only answer is talent. GMTM is in charge of that. He MUST be the tank leader and has TP's blessing. (For my money, and that's much less than TP's, TP can be talked into anything sports related, and has been). Something this bad must be created and contrived. Hopefully, when the time comes, GMTM can create a winning team. TN must be in on the tank and therefore was less than excited to sign his extension. He knows he will be gone once the cavalry arrives, and this was the impetus for PL's leaving also. This is no way to treat the STH population and is akin to fraud. Again, a team this bad does not happen by accident, and must be willful. I will continue to watch and pull for the Sabres because I'm from Buffalo, be this sucks from the start to finish.

When you're regularly getting out-shot by a 4-to-1 margin, I'm not sure it is entirely a lack of talent that is at fault. This team is so bad that I tend to think it is the perfect storm of a lack of talent, lack of an effective system (coaching), and a lack of effort by some (e.g. Hodgson). But, I agree that the latter two variables don't matter much without more talent on the roster.

Add the D. It sounds better.

GO SABRES!!!

No. It doesn't. As many times as you've tried.

I think his idea is dead nuts. Management has created this monster. They should be the ones to answer for it post-games.

The management that created this monster doesn't work for this team anymore... Let's stop acting like we're the only team to be terrible in the history go professional hockey. Management doesn't have to answer ######.

No. It doesn't. As many times as you've tried.

The management that created this monster doesn't work for this team anymore... Let's stop acting like we're the only team to be terrible in the history go professional hockey. Management doesn't have to answer ######.

Take it above GMTM and yes they do. And I don't give a ###### if we are the first or the last, it is a ###### way of doing business. Management should definitely have to answer for it. It's not Nolan or the players fault this crap is on display.

My wife asked me, "Why are they so bad"? I couldn't answer her rationally. They are are all professional hockey players. The only answer is talent. GMTM is in charge of that. He MUST be the tank leader and has TP's blessing. (For my money, and that's much less than TP's, TP can be talked into anything sports related, and has been). Something this bad must be created and contrived. Hopefully, when the time comes, GMTM can create a winning team. TN must be in on the tank and therefore was less than excited to sign his extension. He knows he will be gone once the cavalry arrives, and this was the impetus for PL's leaving also. This is no way to treat the STH population and is akin to fraud. Again, a team this bad does not happen by accident, and must be willful. I will continue to watch and pull for the Sabres because I'm from Buffalo, be this sucks from the start to finish.

I definitely think this (losing on purpose) is a plan engineered by Terry Pegula. It'd certainly explain LaFontaine's leaving. It'd explain the weird "McDavid in Buffalo" game earlier this year.

I definitely think this (losing on purpose) is a plan engineered by Terry Pegula. It'd certainly explain LaFontaine's leaving. It'd explain the weird "McDavid in Buffalo" game earlier this year.

I agree I have been saying this for awhile now. I think LaFontaine wanted to keep several veterans last season but I think the plan was already in play between Pegula,Murray, Devine, the scouts and Ted Black. I think they didn't want to change the plan and that's why LaFontaine decided to bail. Because he knew it would take this team to a new low with no guarntee of putting together a Stanley Cup contender.

If it is, than it is fraud. I guess they could say that Sabres games are entertainment and therefore you get what you pay for. I can agree with that logic, but then just tell me. I'm from Buffalo, I can handle the truth.

I agree I have been saying this for awhile now. I think LaFontaine wanted to keep several veterans last season but I think the plan was already in play between Pegula,Murray, Devine, the scouts and Ted Black. I think they didn't want to change the plan and that's why LaFontaine decided to bail. Because he knew it would take this team to a new low with no guarntee of putting together a Stanley Cup contender.

Then they must agree that Eichel is a "generational" talent because our chances of getting McDavid are 20%. What business banks on 20%?

I think this "losing on purpose" came from multiple minds. Who all thought the same thing: this team ###### sucks and needs a star. Pretty sinple. Not fraud, that's just a ridiculous statement.

Fraud is a deception deliberately practiced in order to secure unfair or unlawful gain (McDavid). Why is that a ridiculous statement?

Then they must agree that Eichel is a "generational" talent because our chances of getting McDavid are 20%. What business banks on 20%?

Fraud is a deception deliberately practiced in order to secure unfair or unlawful gain (McDavid). Why is that a ridiculous statement?

It's not unfair or unlawful

Where is the deception? Murray has never claimed this was a winning team. In fact, he has said on multiple occasions that it isn't.

How is a higher draft pick unlawful or unfair gain? It's not even a little bit unlawful or unfair. By any stretch.

Where is the deception? Murray has never claimed this was a winning team. In fact, he has said on multiple occasions that it isn't.

How is a higher draft pick unlawful or unfair gain? It's not even a little bit unlawful or unfair. By any stretch.

The deception is by not saying to the STH that they would set the organization up to fail to get a high draft choice, and not get quality players in to win now. If the STH expected to win now and bought tickets on that premise, then it's fraud.

The deception is by not saying to the STH that they would set the organization up to fail to get a high draft choice, and not get quality players in to win now. If the STH expected to win now and bought tickets on that premise, then it's fraud.

Well if STHs bought tickets in the last few seasons expecting to win then they're probably the ones picking their nose on the kiss cam.

Seriously, it's not fraud. It's a lot of things, good and bad, but definitely not fraud.

Edited by Tankalicious

Well if STHs bought tickets in the last few seasons expecting to win then they're probably the ones picking their nose on the kiss cam.

Seriously, it's not fraud. It's a lot of things, good and bad, but definitely not fraud.

OK Tank, I'm with you. I'm just frustrated that if this were a contrived effort to lose intentionally, I feel punked that I got in way too late.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.