GDT: Pittsburgh at Buffalo, 7 p.m., 11/8/14

Hoss

I've always liked Paul Hamilton, but he's really bugging me lately as well. His whining, over and over, about effort is getting old. Stop asking the farging question if you don't like the farging answer, dumbass. I'm watching Cody Hodgson lately and thinking I've never seen him skate so hard. He's just not that good.

And the two people you talked to are a fourth line winger on a good team and a twenty year old kid. Gee, why did we look outworked last night? Look Paul, if you know what this season is, losing and watching guys develop (yay), then ask questions about how you see that going. Why didn't you ask about how good Risto and Zadorov looked? This effort theme is getting old.

Faith in a cup? I generally take it one season at a time. I've never really believed that the Sabres were going to win the cup in any particular year. After this clunker, I'm pretty sure it won't be in the next 3 even if they make every right move.

How about the Bills?

"Winning is Hard"

Bullsh!t

Being a loser is easy.......

They absolutely didn't, and this is a big part of why im on board with it. We've tried all the other ways, I like a fresh approach.

You and Tank may very well end up being the last men standing amongst the pro tankers.

The reality of the matter is one team out of 30 can win the Cup every year. 29 other teams are doing all they can to win it as well. Give me a team with a chance. That is all I ask. If you have a chance crazy things can happen. Having no chance sucks.

And please spare me with the last 40 year crap. This is not the way you try to build a team. Sorry. It is not fair to anyone involved - players, coaches, fans, and the league. It is the ###### way out.

You and Tank may very well end up being the last men standing amongst the pro tankers.

The reality of the matter is one team out of 30 can win the Cup every year. 29 other teams are doing all they can to win it as well. Give me a team with a chance. That is all I ask. If you have a chance crazy things can happen. Having no chance sucks.

And please spare me with the last 40 year crap. This is not the way you try to build a team. Sorry. It is not fair to anyone involved - players, coaches, fans, and the league. It is the ###### way out.

This team has no chance and never did under any scenario the past two years no matter what. Do you really believe otherwise?

This method has been used successfully before, so I don't know how "unfair" it is to anyone involved. It can blow up in our faces no doubt, but we've been over all this before now haven't we?

This team has no chance and never did under any scenario the past two years no matter what. Do you really believe otherwise?

This method has been used successfully before, so I don't know how "unfair" it is to anyone involved. It can blow up in our faces no doubt, but we've been over all this before now haven't we?

Yes we have. Bottom line is it is an absolute shame that this franchise has reached this level. No matter what the so-called plan is.

Well the interesting thing is that to get the best chance at winning a cup you need top end talent. Now the interesting thing about the Sabres is not the 2015 draft, not yet at least. The interesting thing is who they have drafted the previous 3 years and if Kevin Devine is really as smart as I think he could be.

This has been rough. But the Sabres have something that most rebuilding teams don't. We have Myers, Pysyk, Zadorov, Ristolainen, and McCabe. Edmonton fails because they draft the same type of player repeatedly and they only draft forwards. I can't guarantee success but the Sabres of 2016 will be a starkly different team.

At this juncture there isn't a way to deviate from the current path. That does not mean we have to be the 30th place team at the end of this season. The important part of the season is not Connor McDavid or Jack Eichel. The important part is the development of everyone who has come before them. Risto, Zadorov, Zemgus, Girgorenko etc... That is what we need to be focused on.

How about the Bills?

"Winning is Hard"

Bullsh!t

Yep. And back when they still let Terry talk to real reporters, and not protect him on The Flagship Station, he let slip another doozy, something to the effect that "only one team can win the Cup every year."

And here we are.

29 other teams are not trying to win the Cup. Some are trying to stay financially afloat with a shoestring budget, others are hoping to be just not bad enough to drive away fans. Yet others are rebuilding, or retooling, or whatever it is you want to call it. Probably half the league isn't trying to win the Cup this year.

And spare me the cries of fairness for a group that gets paid 6-7 figures to be involved in an entertainment product. The only ones I feel bad for are the season ticket holders, and even then, they'll also be the ones reaping the benefits if it works.

29 other teams are not trying to win the Cup. Some are trying to stay financially afloat with a shoestring budget, others are hoping to be just not bad enough to drive away fans. Yet others are rebuilding, or retooling, or whatever it is you want to call it. Probably half the league isn't trying to win the Cup this year.

And spare me the cries of fairness for a group that gets paid 6-7 figures to be involved in an entertainment product. The only ones I feel bad for are the season ticket holders, and even then, they'll also be the ones reaping the benefits if it works.

Feeling bad for the season ticket holders is like feeling bad for Jodi Foster on the pinball machine......

Benefits of reselling their tickets again? If "it" works, the product should be so good no one will want to miss a game. Man, this whole situation is just rotten to the core.

These guys spend their entire life preparing them to be a professional athlete. The business they are in pays very well. What they make is irrelevant. They would make the same money playing for a different team that had a semblance of pride. So, yes I feel bad for players like Gorges. A professional career is only so long.

The FA's that signed are a different story. They knew what they were in for

How about the Bills?

"Winning is Hard"

Bullsh!t

Bills? Who cares, we talk hockey here. But lets talk BS.

You know the odds here. Chicago started the season as a 6/1. The best team in the league.

I'd take the field against them. Wouldn't you?

So the Sabres make ever right move off the ice in the next 3 years. How good do these odds get.

Being THE WINNER is never expected. That's what makes the Stanley Cup the Cup. Every season is its own story.

This one happens to be pulp.

It may be a shame to some, but I look at it another way. If this is indeed the plan then they are executing it beautifully, as opposed to the half measure approach to team building used for the majority of the history of this franchise.

If you're going to be bad then go balls to the wall with it.

Too soon to tell.

You know the odds here. Chicago started the season as a 6/1. The best team in the league.

So the Sabres make ever right move off the ice in the next 3 years. How good do these odds get.

Being THE WINNER is never expected. That's what makes the Stanley Cup the Cup. Every season is its own story.

No....anyone here over 35 who follows #ONEBUFFALO .....you have been clued in on the newest marketing propoganda have you not?.......should be asked the question if they ever felt the Bills would win the Super Bowl in any particular year. The 1/30 thing is BS and a losers lament.

50% of marraiges end in divorce. Do you really think you found someone so special out of 5 billion people? There are probably 300,000 better choices for you worldwide.

If Terry wants to go down as one of the great owners — an Ilitch, a Rooney, a Kraft — and I think he does, I hope he doesn't have this attitude. I'm afraid he does. I mean, he's already kind of hinted at precisely your theory. That winning is a crapshoot, something that happens to the lucky, not something that you make happen, then look lucky.

DR sells Pegula on a plan. Pegula then fires DR because the fans are outraged with the on ice product. He then tells a competitive and proud PLF on a yacht that he wants to win. PLF comes in with a plan far different than the guy that just got fired. Pegula says "wait I still like the plan of the guy I fired". PLF says f u. TN says I should follow my heart and walk away from this debacle. Then he realizes he hasn't had a real job in decades and could use the money. So he begrudgingly stays. New GMTM has his first gig. He is happy. Pegula tells him the plan and here we are.

This shitshow is not that difficult to figure out. Our owner is a complete moron.

What possible plan could PLF have that would have worked? In particular from a guy with minimal Front Office experience and limited player development experience? Trades? Did that for picks. Draft? In progress. Make "HOCKEY TRADES"? Yeah we saw the elevation Ott brought. Seriously, when your core is not capable of contending how do you proceed? Enlighten me, please?

If Terry wants to go down as one of the great owners — an Ilitch, a Rooney, a Kraft — and I think he does, I hope he doesn't have this attitude. I'm afraid he does. I mean, he's already kind of hinted at precisely your theory. That winning is a crapshoot, something that happens to the lucky, not something that you make happen, then look lucky.

I think he also realized that he isn't the only billionaire that owns a team. He was used to buying whatever he wanted. Thought he could buy championships. Not that easy Terry.

These guys spend their entire life preparing them to be a professional athlete. The business they are in pays very well. What they make is irrelevant. They would make the same money playing for a different team that had a semblance of pride. So, yes I feel bad for players like Gorges. A professional career is only so long.

The FA's that signed are a different story. They knew what they were in for

Gorges waived a ntc to come here. It is the equivalent of a fa decision. Gorges knew the situation and chose it over Toronto. Hmmmm

No....anyone here over 35 who follows #ONEBUFFALO .....you have been clued in on the newest marketing propoganda have you not?.......should be asked the question if they ever felt the Bills would win the Super Bowl in any particular year. The 1/30 thing is BS and a losers lament.

I believe Terry Pegula wants to do everything right to win a cup. Yes.

I also believe doing everything right guarantees jack ######. It's hockey.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.