Zadorov?

pi2000

I don't get it. I'm not saying Zadorov has to play in every game, but to not dress him at all when the team is playing as poorly as possible, is more of the same jerking around that they did with Grigorenko over the last 3 years. Either get him in a game(even if he is playing limited minutes) or send him back to junior.

As much as I am pro-tank, this team has so little to get excited about in terms of prospects on the big club(Z, Risto, ????), that I can see myself losing complete interest by the new year.

Edited by LabattBlue

I don't get it. I'm not saying Zadorov has to play in every game, but to not dress him at all when the team is playing as poorly as possible, is more of the same jerking around that they did with Grigorenko over the last 3 years. Either get him in a game or send him back to junior...even if he is playing limited minutes.

As much as I am pro-tank, this team has so little to get excited about in terms of prospects on the big club(Z, Risto, ????), that I can see myself losing complete interest by the new year.

The only thing I can think is that the rumors of him being out of shape are true and the Sabres are taking this time to work him before they send him back to Juniors.

The only thing I can think is that the rumors of him being out of shape are true and the Sabres are taking this time to work him before they send him back to Juniors.

If that is the case - and i tend to agree his fat ass must have been really out of shape. Been at least 6-7 weeks since Traverse City. Training camp and now practicing with the team is a slightly different diet than we all go on. You would think he would have his conditioning in order by now.

If Zadorov is STILL out of shape then trade him. Because that would be ridiculous. My guess is Nolan is just a dumbass.

Either he was really out of shape or there's some lesson-teaching going on. Without knowing the details I won't speculate, but hopefully Zadorov is learning positive things from the process.

This is by no means an excuse for Zadarov but I imagine at some point before the summer he was probably told he was looking at one more year in junior. If he wasn't told he probably could figure it out when we made our FA moves. Wonder if he lost motivation. Again, no excuse because this makes me more concerned than anything we saw from Grigs.

This is by no means an excuse for Zadarov but I imagine at some point before the summer he was probably told he was looking at one more year in junior. If he wasn't told he probably could figure it out when we made our FA moves. Wonder if he lost motivation. Again, no excuse because this makes me more concerned than anything we saw from Grigs.

That's the opposite of an excuse. That would just make him look worse.

So, has this been resolved yet? Is he staying or going? And to where?

Purely speculation on my part but it seems like he's getting the Grigorenko treatment. Sit in the press box and waste away for too long, playing limited minutes with talentless people when is he allowed to play and burn up a year of his rights for no reason while stunting his development. It must be the Buffalo way with Russian players.

Has anybody heard from GMTM this year? Other than this forum kind of out the loop for the local reporting/interviews. Just seemed like last year from the time he was hired to the draft he was very open and accessible.

I don't expect him to come out and tell us everything going on behind the scenes but from here the state of this team is simply and solely if TN thought they worked hard enough or not.

From Damien Cox today:

"The peculiar situation in which former first round pick Nikita Zadorov finds himself with the Buffalo Sabres could be resolved this week. Or maybe not. Zadorov has played one game this season, Friday against L.A., and the Sabres would like to send him back to the London Knights of the OHL.

The 6-foot-6 blueliner, however, would prefer to join Sergei Fedorov’s CSKA Moscow squad where he can play against men and make a good salary, probably around $400,000 per season. Zadorov actually has to sign a transfer agreement to go back to London even though he has a contract with the Knights, so he theoretically controls his fate. His agent, Rollie Hedges, is trying to find a way to make all parties happy, no easy task."

From Damien Cox today:

"The peculiar situation in which former first round pick Nikita Zadorov finds himself with the Buffalo Sabres could be resolved this week. Or maybe not. Zadorov has played one game this season, Friday against L.A., and the Sabres would like to send him back to the London Knights of the OHL.

The 6-foot-6 blueliner, however, would prefer to join Sergei Fedorov’s CSKA Moscow squad where he can play against men and make a good salary, probably around $400,000 per season. Zadorov actually has to sign a transfer agreement to go back to London even though he has a contract with the Knights, so he theoretically controls his fate. His agent, Rollie Hedges, is trying to find a way to make all parties happy, no easy task."

So it's about money. Z's made about 100k with the Sabres thus far, and is eligible for some perfromance bonuses (not sure what they are). Maybe the Sabres are keeping him on the roster so he can earn NHL dollars to offset the KHL money he is forfeiting. There may be some deal with GMTM and Z's agent to keep him up with the big club for so long, let him earn some cash, and then Z will sign his transfer agreement to go back to the OHL.

Is anything ever easy around here? They need to stick to drafting guys in the first round from now on that are eligible for the AHL the second year. Think that would be huge when factoring in player development. Not as big of deal with 2nd rounders and beyond but they need to end this annual BS with these guys.

Is anything ever easy around here? They need to stick to drafting guys in the first round from now on that are eligible for the AHL the second year. Think that would be huge when factoring in player development. Not as big of deal with 2nd rounders and beyond but they need to end this annual BS with these guys.

So you are saying not to draft anyone from the #1 talent pool in the world?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.