Zadorov?

pi2000

If he gets sent back to London you cannot recall him until after the Knights season ends.

ahhh, well then it all kind of makes sense then. don't like that rule tho, what's the difference if the 9 game tryout is at the beginning of the season or mid-season? would make it more of a strategic decision to call guys up for their tryout after they've had some time to develop a bit more. anyway, something has to give soon.

All of these rules are in place to protect the CHL. A STH in London would likely be pretty pissed off if Zad rips it up all season and then the Sabres call him up at the end of the year and he misses the stretch run and playoffs. Atleast if the Sabres now decide to keep Zad all year then London can make other plans. It's a ###### rule from a Buffalo perspective but that is why it is in place.

There's no reason to keep 8 defensemen around period. It doesn't matter who any of them are unless you've somehow got 8 Bobby Orrs.

Well I wouldn't keep 8 even if they we're all Bobby Orr's. I would get rid of at least one of them for an Esposito or Cashman or the like.

I don't think this makes sense. There's no reason to keep Zadorov here if you're just going to return him to juniors when Pysyk gets back. If you're that concerned about carrying an extra defenseman then call one up.

You are too passionate about this and not being rational. Why call up a player from Rochester to sit around when he can be playing in Rochester? They aren't going to call up a guy who is getting scratched from the Amerks lineup that's for sure. Meanwhile, you have Zadarov around an NHL team, receiving NHL training and coaching. What is the incremental benefit from sending Zadarov down prior to the season or letting him hang around for two weeks? Does it impact his development negatively because he's not down in London? Does he benefit more from being with the Sabres during practices, training, video sessions, etc.?

It's a situation they can exploit to maximize the development potential of all their prospects.

That said, given how utterly horrible Benoit has been I would have played Zadarov in Carolina tonight.

You are too passionate about this and not being rational. Why call up a player from Rochester to sit around when he can be playing in Rochester? They aren't going to call up a guy who is getting scratched from the Amerks lineup that's for sure. Meanwhile, you have Zadarov around an NHL team, receiving NHL training and coaching. What is the incremental benefit from sending Zadarov down prior to the season or letting him hang around for two weeks? Does it impact his development negatively because he's not down in London? Does he benefit more from being with the Sabres during practices, training, video sessions, etc.?

It's a situation they can exploit to maximize the development potential of all their prospects.

That said, given how utterly horrible Benoit has been I would have played Zadarov in Carolina tonight.

I think I'm being perfectly rational. I don't buy the "let him hang around the team" concept. That doesn't do anything for the on ice product. He should be playing in games.

If they aren't going to play him they better have a darn good reason for it. Practice and hanging out in the press box are not good reasons. So there has to be a better one, no?

I think I'm being perfectly rational. I don't buy the "let him hang around the team" concept. That doesn't do anything for the on ice product. He should be playing in games.

If they aren't going to play him they better have a darn good reason for it. Practice and hanging out in the press box are not good reasons. So there has to be a better one, no?

The only thing I can think of is that it is an organizational policy that if you are a first round pick you must have your head completely f'd with for the first year or two.

Benoit and Meszaros have both been much shakier than I was hoping for. I've never heard of Stachan before a couple of weeks ago and yet he looked better last night than those 2 have looked.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.