Current Carrion Hockey League Standings

Taro T

Easily the most excited I've been all season

Hopefully this is just the punch in the dick this team needs to stop playing like the 1980 Miracle team

Ah, I'm catching up now. But I wonder about your reference. After all, Derek Roy has actually been helping us no?

Arizona looks totally pathetic, lifeless, and hopeless...Of course the Sabres have to be more fired up and inspired than ever. lol

Hopefully tonight's loss crushes their morale for the rest of the season and they mail it in AND the goalie gets cold.

Toews is my new hero if that happens. He may have single-handedly saved this team from missing out on an elite player.

Toews is my new hero if that happens. He may have single-handedly saved this team from missing out on an elite player.

Way to early bro. Way way way way

Way to early bro. Way way way way

Well of course.

But it would feel hopeless if they got even 1 tonight. They still have a win they can burn, hopefully the last game of the season after going 0-3 so that everyone can be on the same page for 1 game and we can all celebrate.

Arizona looks totally pathetic, lifeless, and hopeless...Of course the Sabres have to be more fired up and inspired than ever. lol

Hopefully tonight's loss crushes their morale for the rest of the season and they mail it in AND the goalie gets cold.

Don't want their moral to be quashed, just that they lose.  I hope they gain enough to keep getting better but not enough so they can claim the SHART.

Are they changing the name of Arizona's team? They are the Coyotes, right? I don't think I have heard anyone call them that in months. On here, the radio, hell, even their own broadcast called them the Desert Dogs over and over.

Don't know why it's pissing me off but it just is.

[/rant]

Are they changing the name of Arizona's team? They are the Coyotes, right? I don't think I have heard anyone call them that in months. On here, the radio, hell, even their own broadcast called them the Desert Dogs over and over.

Don't know why it's pissing me off but it just is.

[/rant]

I prefer dessert dogs

Take care of business tonight and Monday becomes the all-important game. Fairly confident about CBJ on road (they are playing well) followed by PIT at home to end this awful season on a back to back.

But Carolina. At home. Please, to the city that shouldn't even have an NHL franchise, let alone a Stanley Cup winning franchise: you owe us for 2006. We gave you a Cup. All we ask is for you to win (real terms).

Take care of business tonight and Monday becomes the all-important game. Fairly confident about CBJ on road (they are playing well) followed by PIT at home to end this awful season on a back to back.

But Carolina. At home. Please, to the city that shouldn't even have an NHL franchise, let alone a Stanley Cup winning franchise: you owe us for 2006. We gave you a Cup. All we ask is for you to win (real terms).

Just remember: Carolina's franchise exists to crush our dreams

No this is a fallacy created by noob fans who creamed their panties during the 05-07 playoff runs and view Carolina as the Sabres true rival.

I disagree. There's a massive WNY expat population within 150 miles of Raleigh who are grizzled Sabre fan vets. That more than anything IMO led to the widespread disdain of the Canes franchise. I agree that they aren't a traditional rival, but the hate is most definitely genuine and not neophyte fueled.

That one series is but a blip on the 40+ year history of the Sabres.

True hatred takes time to fester and is enhanced by year after year of big fights.

The true rivals, for which real hate has manifested over the years, of this franchise are the Bruins and Flyers. 

No this is a fallacy created by noob fans who creamed their panties during the 05-07 playoff runs and view Carolina as the Sabres true rival.

Thanks a lot... I told you to keep that quiet...

And for the record they were underwear, not panties. Give me SOME credit dammit!

So after the seconds tick off on the Islanders game, it's any combo of Buffalo losses and Arizona wins that equal 2, right?

IF this score holds, 4 points (2 W's) in the Sabres' favor locks up McEichel. The DD's need 11 points in their favor.

And if this score holds, in a worst case we get Murray's choice of Hannifan, Marner, Strome, or any other 18 yo not namec McEichel.