Current Carrion Hockey League Standings

Taro T

Current standings through games played into 4/2.

Team         GP  L  W OT  PT MPP PR RPTC M# CPM

Buffalo      77 47 22  8 102 112 10   9   8 19.7

Arizona      77 46 23  8 100 110 10  11  13 13.4

Edmonton     77 41 23 13  95 105 10  16  18 11.7

Toronto      77 42 29  6  90 100 10  --      9.5

Carolina     76 38 27 11  87  99 12  --      8.4

Columbus     77 35 38  4  74  86 10  --      6.1

CPM per sportsclubstats.com and lottery weighting - last updated 3/28 in PM

Waiting on Eulers result.

Big weekend starting up Friday night. Sabres need 8 points to clinch; 8 points up for grabs. Sabres host Chicago, then make their last visit to the Isles' bajillion year old digs on Saturday. Yotes visit Snarks Friday then host them Saturday. Desert Dogs can blow at least 1 this weekend, possibly 2-3. Sabres should pick up at least 2 and realistically 3-4.

Chicago game is huge. Sabres take 2 that night, they can get past losing 2 points to a late season juggernaut and start another roll of 2/game, just like old times; Sabres choke away 2 and it's up for grabs. These 2 vs the Snarks are on paper the DD's toughest challenge and could leave them further behind the Sabres than the 2 they trail by heading into the weekend.

Chicago's 5th ranked pk may be just what the Dr ordered to quell the Sabres' recent penchant to self destruct on the pp.

Thank goodness you post the numbers cuz I still can't used to this CHL lingo.

We may very well still be CHL contenders next year, just not on purpose.

We will definitely be contenders, especially if we don't get McEichel.  I'm optimistic we won't be the favorites, but we'll be in the conversation.  A member of the "Septic 6," almost certainly.

We will definitely be contenders, especially if we don't get McEichel. I'm optimistic we won't be the favorites, but we'll be in the conversation. A member of the "Septic 6," almost certainly.

So this thread will continue until when exactly?

I hate to give more fodder to the ledge walkers, but here are two interesting trends that the Sabres bucked over the last two games (NHL speak):

Sabres record when opponent scores first: 4-33-5.  Arizona game.

Sabres record when trailing after 2nd:  3-34-2.  Toronto game.

If Chicago scores first and is leading after two and the Sabres still win, then I just might budge a little off of my certainty that the Shart is ours.

Is there any chance this thread will be revived next year?

It was a great diversion, but I hope to god Taro locks it when the season is over and buries the key forever.

Edited by dudacek

I imagine the Sabres player that gets the winning shootout goal is run out of town by an angry mob. :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

That's the nightmare scenario. If the shart comes down to the last game at home and we blow it....ugghh I don't even want to think about and its lasting effects.

I imagine the Sabres player that gets the winning shootout goal is run out of town by an angry mob. :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

That's the nightmare scenario. If the shart comes down to the last game at home and we blow it....ugghh I don't even want to think about and its lasting effects.

I'll be there and I just can't imagine it. Don't want to imagine it. I sure as hell hope it's resolved before our last game. Weber will be involved in a fight with fans in the stands if it's ending like this to appreciate the fans better.