Current Carrion Hockey League Standings

Taro T

Current standings through games played 3/16.

Team         GP  L  W OT PT MPP PR RPTC CPM

Buffalo      69 43 19  7 93 119 26 22   18.7

Edmonton     70 39 19 12 90 114 24 25   14.0

Arizona      70 41 21  8 90 114 24 25   12.4

Toronto      71 38 27  6 82 104 24 33    8.6

Carolina     68 34 26  8 76 104 28 41    8.0

Columbus     69 35 30  4 72  98 26 45    8.5

CPM = per sportsclubstats.com and lottery weighting - last updated 3/10 in AM

Desert Dogs in tie for 2nd after last night. Candy Canes and Sabres only 2 in action on a night that most of the NHL plays.

Arizona is kind of hopeless right now.  The 5 point lead is the only reason for any optimism at this point; my eyes tell me the Sabres are a better team than Arizona right now, and the Sabres certainly have the softer schedule.  Bu if we split our games with the Desert Dogs, we should be okay.

Arizona is kind of hopeless right now.  The 5 point lead is the only reason for any optimism at this point; my eyes tell me the Sabres are a better team than Arizona right now, and the Sabres certainly have the softer schedule.  Bu if we split our games with the Desert Dogs, we should be okay.

You have to believe there was much rejoicing in the Zona fan base last night.  They are withing striking distance now of last place.

But Toronto is a planned disaster.  

Get into the playoff race, fire the coach, sell off a bunch of pieces, tank for 4th last place.  Wow what a plan.  And it just happened to coincide with the annual Leafs tailspin.

You have to believe there was much rejoicing in the Zona fan base last night.  They are withing striking distance now of last place.

Darcy, a couple neckbeards on the interwebs, and Bio's family all rejoiced.  Unless Bio's family is anything like her, in which case they farted in their terrible team's general direction.

Get into the playoff race, fire the coach, sell off a bunch of pieces, tank for 4th last place.  Wow what a plan.  And it just happened to coincide with the annual Leafs tailspin.

Darcy, a couple neckbeards on the interwebs, and Bio's family all rejoiced.  Unless Bio's family is anything like her, in which case they farted in their terrible team's general direction.

My theory is that Zona finishes last and gets Eichel; Leafs turn their slide into a lottery win for McDavid,  Remember this post.  Praise me if I am right and mock me if I am wrong.

Edited by wjag

Anyone else entering panic mode yet?  25 days left......

Every game closer to the end of the year we get with a greater than 1 game lead, the more confident I become. Consider the following:

Other key point in that Hammond post: Ottawa took 23 out of 26 points since his callup. Only gained 5 points on Boston in that time.

We're sort of like the inverse of this--despite how absolutely terrible Arizona is, they're gaining very minimal ground. I just think they're going to run out of time.

Not an Insider right now, can you post the quote please?

It's generally bad form to post Insider (or other paid-for) content here. Those are the things that gets SDS sued. If someone is nice they'll summarize.

Understood. I subscribe for a few months usually and then stop. Never in favor of posting an entire article, I just wanted to know exactly what Murray said.

I believe if Boston gets even 1 point tonight against the Sabres, the Leafs will earn their nice little "e" next to their name in the standings.  

Toronto is run by geniuses.  They fire Carlyle when they're 21-16.   At that point, they're still well in the playoff hunt.  They were in a slump at the time Carlyle was fired, but they've been in an actual tail-spin ever since! 

Since that point, and since Horachek was annointed HC,   they've gone 6-22!!!   They went from a .567 WP with Carlyle, to .272 with Horachek.   They've only won 6 games since the beginning of January.

Brilliant decision right there.     What was the point? 

I believe if Boston gets even 1 point tonight against the Sabres, the Leafs will earn their nice little "e" next to their name in the standings.  

Toronto is run by geniuses.  They fire Carlyle when they're 21-16.   At that point, they're still well in the playoff hunt.  They were in a slump at the time Carlyle was fired, but they've been in an actual tail-spin ever since! 

Since that point, and since Horachek was annointed HC,   they've gone 6-22!!!   They went from a .567 WP with Carlyle, to .272 with Horachek.   They've only won 6 games since the beginning of January.

They're 4th in the draft order, I'm guessing that's the point and they figured they could sell off Kessel/Dion.

Edited by Met'yuPirog

Change for the sake of change.  Usually works great.

:lol: My mom and brother are similarly disgusted with the team; his roommate is a CHL fan.

It's generally bad form to post Insider (or other paid-for) content here. Those are the things that gets SDS sued. If someone is nice they'll summarize.

He said that he would listen to offers for the Number One Pick, but the deal would have to be huge. It would be impossible or nearly impossible for him to move it. TM joked he could not name names.The author speculated it would have to start with a player such as Stamkos.

He also mentioned they have enough young studs which might be appealing to the team with the first overall pick to swap spots with the Sabres should they pick second. The team would have to hold Eichel/McDavid in similar regard.

Small snippet from TSN's power ranking about the Sabre's ranking 30th

Edmonton is within four points of the Sabres in this Greatest Tank Battle but, even as poorly as the Oilers are playing, it's hard to imagine the Sabres overcoming that deficit.

Key Injuries: C Zemgus Girgensons (foot), D Josh Gorges (lower body).

Whether punting Carlyle or not, since the salary cap era, TO's modus operandi has been to compete in the NHL the 1st ~50 games then go balls out, CHL juggernaut the rest of the year. They just tried to take this year's venture into CHL hyperspace at ludicrous speed but still waited until too late to pop that paradigm's clutch. Next year, if they want to be CHL players, they have to start in October, NOT February. Though it appears that is what they'll do this coming year; until it actually happens, it ain't happenin'. ;)

Every game closer to the end of the year we get with a greater than 1 game lead, the more confident I become. Consider the following:

Other key point in that Hammond post: Ottawa took 23 out of 26 points since his callup. Only gained 5 points on Boston in that time.

We're sort of like the inverse of this--despite how absolutely terrible Arizona is, they're gaining very minimal ground. I just think they're going to run out of time.

I would go along with this except they have two games head to head left.  That could separate them by a single point.  That is razor thin.  If they split those games, I will feel 'more' comfortable. 

I would go along with this except they have two games head to head left.  That could separate them by a single point.  That is razor thin.  If they split those games, I will feel 'more' comfortable. 

Be prepared for lots of mysterious injuries leading up the ARI/BUF Basement Battle of 2015.