Current Carrion Hockey League Standings

Taro T

If Neuvirth stays on the team I can see the Sabres getting 12 points over the rest of the season.  That will include 4 points over the Coyotes which will give them the edge over the Sabres.

Ok - trend the points down to 7 with 4 still over the Coyotes.

That home Arizona game is going to be one bizarre scene if the two teams are close in standings by then....

Like a Leafs-Sabres game at the FNC? I can't see it ever getting to the point where the fans cheer an opponent goal and boo a Sabres goal. But i've been wrong before...

Like a Leafs-Sabres game at the FNC? I can't see it ever getting to the point where the fans cheer an opponent goal and boo a Sabres goal. But i've been wrong before...

They should have McDavid and Eichel do the ceremonial puck drop before each game.

I've already seen it. Watch when they show replays of the other teams' goals. You'll see some fist pumps and a little happiness from the Sabres fans.

I've already seen it. Watch when they show replays of the other teams' goals. You'll see some fist pumps and a little happiness from the Sabres fans.

You hear a collective "Phew!" over the radio, when other team scores.

When home team scores it is all manufactured goal horn and song.

In the last 3 weeks, we've upgrade 5 of our 12 biggest player liabilities on the skater side, and 100% of our liabilities in net. We got this.

There was also 1 major downgrade on D.

That said.  If the goaltending stays away from the 0.950 range and instead resides around 0.910, it's in the bag.

I am doing serious academic survey to benefit humankind.  Please answer questions, if you will.

(please quote following questions)

When did you, if ever, make definite choice to cheer for losing?  

Did you make definite choice to cheer for loss?

Why did you decide to cheer for losing, rather than just be indifferent for time being?

Did you ever become an active participant in hoping for losses?

What prompted you to become an active participant in hoping for losses?

How did hoping for loss effect your life?

Would you do it again?

Edited by Anna Akhmatova

I am doing serious academic survey to benefit humankind.  Please answer questions, if you will.

Start of last season. It was for McDavid still; I figured if we're gonna be bad in 2015, we're going to have to be bad in 2014, so we might as well do it as best as possible.

See above

Why did you decide to cheer for losing, rather than just be indifferent for time being?

Gotta cheer for something, right? I can never be indifferent to the Sabres.

Yep

Connor McDavid and years of 8th place

I no longer look forward to Sabre's games other than to tick off one less game on the calendar. Not having a Sabres game to look forward to all day really blows

Would you do it again?

To be determined 

I'll play. 

Would you do it again?

putin is sabres fan

MY BAD PHOTOSHOPPING SKILLS RETURN!

CENgsLh.png

After about 20 games last season.

Yes.

I'm not good at indifference, and this is just as important as rooting for the team to win at times.

No. Just kidding.

It gave me SOMETHING to root for. And the prospects helped.

More stressful than hoping for wins.

Would you do it again?

If I went back in time and started from the day I started rooting for losses? Yes. Would I do it next year? No. I won't root for another loss unless there are 2/3 games left and the Sabres are close with another team for a high pick. Won't be vocal about it, though.

Magic Numbers for games played through 3/2

Chicago - 1

Washington - 4

Winnipeg, Vancouver - 6

Minnesota - 8

Boston - 11

Los Angeles, Calgary, San Jose - 12

Florida - 13

Colorado, Philadelphia - 17

Dallas, Ottawa - 18

New Jersey - 20

Columbus - 26

Toronto, Carolina - 27

Arizona - 35

Edmonton - 36

Nashville, Montreal, NY Islanders, Anaheim, NY Rangers, Tampa Bay, Detroit, St Louis, Pittsburgh - Clinched

(Italics is the current magic number for playoff elimination)

Pittsburgh clinched yesterday but I wasn't on to edit. Chicago can clinch tomorrow if the Sabres do anything but win in regulation or overtime. Caps clinch with any three-point combination due to the fact that they clinch the tiebreaker without a Sabres victory... The list gets smaller. Soon we'll see the real race become clear.

Edited by Tank