Current Carrion Hockey League Standings

Taro T

Fun fact: Wednesday is the only day for the rest of the year where no current carrion members play. After that at least one of the bottom five (Buffalo, Edmonton, Arizona, Toronto, Carolina) plays every night for the rest of the season.

Current standings through games played 3/2.

Team         GP  L  W OT PT MPP PR RPTC CPM

Buffalo      63 39 19  5 83 121 38 36   18.5

Edmonton     63 35 18 10 80 118 38 39   13.4

Arizona      63 36 20  7 79 117 38 40   13.0

Toronto      63 33 25  5 71 109 38 48    8.1

Carolina     62 31 24  7 69 109 40 50    9.0

Columbus     62 32 26  4 68 108 40 51    8.0

New Jersey   63 27 26 10 64 102 38 55    6.2

Philadelphia 63 25 27 11 59  97 38 60    4.5

CPM = Current probability of landing McDavid based off probabilities of finishing in a particular slot per sportsclubstats.com and lottery weighting - last updated 3/1 in AM

Everybody, but the Candy Canes who took 2 in Chicago last night, is in action tonight. No potential 1 pointers.

I am doing serious academic survey to benefit humankind.  Please answer questions, if you will.

(please quote following questions)

When did you, if ever, make definite choice to cheer for losing?  

I don't cheer for loses, just relieved when they happen.

Did you make definite choice to cheer for loss?

I made a definite choice to be relieved.

Why did you decide to cheer for losing, rather than just be indifferent for time being?

Lockout season had players who would have helped us and it was a shortened season

Did you ever become an active participant in hoping for losses?

Yes

What prompted you to become an active participant in hoping for losses?

MacKinnon and Drouin

How did hoping for loss effect your life?

It's made me watch less Buffalo games.

Would you do it again?

In fifteen years after a few cups, yes.

Guest Sloth

I am doing serious academic survey to benefit humankind.  Please answer questions, if you will.

(please quote following questions)

When did you, if ever, make definite choice to cheer for losing?  

I don't cheer for loses, just relieved when they happen.

Did you make definite choice to cheer for loss?

I made a definite choice to be relieved.

Why did you decide to cheer for losing, rather than just be indifferent for time being?

Lockout season had players who would have helped us and it was a shortened season

Did you ever become an active participant in hoping for losses?

Yes

What prompted you to become an active participant in hoping for losses?

MacKinnon and Drouin

How did hoping for loss effect your life?

It's made me watch less Buffalo games.

Would you do it again?

In fifteen years after a few cups, yes.

I respect that and in all honesty felt that way until mid-February. Now, I cheer for the losses. When the Sabres were up 2-0 against Florida the other night I was in high hopes they'd blow it. Sure enough after the 1st period, Buffalo imploded. And I was happy..... This is the 1st and only time I've felt this way about the Sabres. Will not let myself do this again in future seasons. 

Edited by thanes16

Fun fact: Wednesday is the only day for the rest of the year where no current carrion members play. After that at least one of the bottom five (Buffalo, Edmonton, Arizona, Toronto, Carolina) plays every night for the rest of the season.

Fun indeed.

Thank you scared kitties for playing hard enough to beat the Laughs. The laughs had me worried that they could challenge for the Shart. But now I don't think there is a shot in the dark that it happens, the laughs are just not good enough to challenge for the Shart.

Edited by Woods-Racer

Not much help tonight as the Yotes and Oil win

Disappointed but expected. It's nice to have your own Shart in your hands though: every loss solidifies our spot that much more. As long as we lose we make progress no matter what unlike Zona and BP Oil. All regular jargon 

Edited by WildComrade

There won't be much movement over the next two days. Arizona is the only one that plays between now and Friday (they play Vancouver on Thursday).

Also: We're on pace for 55 points. Everybody in the league is above that except Carolina (right at 55), Arizona and Edmonton.

Magic Numbers for games played through 3/3

Winnipeg, Vancouver, Minnesota - 4

Calgary - 7

Los Angeles, San Jose -  8
Boston - 9
Florida - 11

Dallas - 12

Philadelphia - 14
Colorado, Ottawa - 15

New Jersey - 16

Toronto - 23
Columbus - 24
Carolina - 25
Arizona - 33
Edmonton - 34

Nashville, Montreal, NY Islanders, Anaheim, NY Rangers, Tampa Bay, Detroit, St Louis, Pittsburgh, Chicago, Washington - Clinched

(Italics is the current magic number for playoff elimination)

Chicago and Washington clinched tonight...

Five of the eight teams in action tomorrow have already clinched so there likely won't be much movement. Nobody can clinch tomorrow or Thursday.

Edited by Tank

Current standings through games played 3/4.

Team         GP  L  W OT PT MPP PR RPTC CPM

Buffalo      64 40 19  5 85 121 36 34   18.1

Edmonton     64 36 18 10 82 118 36 37   13.6

Arizona      64 37 20  7 81 117 36 38   13.1

Toronto      64 33 26  5 71 107 36 48    8.2

Carolina     62 31 24  7 69 109 40 50    8.1

Columbus     63 33 26  4 68 106 38 51    8.5

CPM = Current probability of landing McDavid based off probabilities of finishing in a particular slot per sportsclubstats.com and lottery weighting - last updated 3/4 in AM

Only 6 squads w/ winning records and those same 6 are the only ones that can theoretically get over 100 points, so looks like we've found our Septic Six.

Everybody taking a day off to pound donuts and booze; can't take any chances that one might be ready to answer the bell when it next rings.

On Thursday only TO & the Desert Dogs in action. Friday sees the rest of the Septic Six give it a whirl. No potential 1 pointers either night.

"He gazed up at the enormous scoreboard. Two and a half years it had taken him to learn what kind of joy was hidden beneath the dark score. O cruel, needless misunderstanding! O stubborn, self-willed exile from the loving breast! Two Labatt Blue-scented tears trickled down the sides of his nose. But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved The Tank."

…just waiting for the bullet.

Edited by BolotoO

"He gazed up at the enormous scoreboard. Two and a half years it had taken him to learn what kind of joy was hidden beneath the dark score. O cruel, needless misunderstanding! O stubborn, self-willed exile from the loving breast! Two Labatt Blue-scented tears trickled down the sides of his nose. But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved The Tank."

Love this.

We need to ride Lindback all the way to the final soiling. In fact, I expect the Sabres to earn shutouts from here on in.

That little bastard of a goalie coach might just ruin your parade.  He has done more to de-track the tank than any person I can think of.  He coached up two goalies to the point where GMTM got a good return on their trade, and the team was on the verge of dropping a spot in the Carrion League. 

It's spelled Bulleit