Current Carrion Hockey League Standings

Taro T

Current standings through games played 3/28.

Team         GP  L  W OT  PT MPP PR RPTC M# CPM
Buffalo      75 47 20  8 102 116 14  9    8 19.8
Arizona      76 46 22  8  98 110 12 13   19 13.0
Edmonton     75 40 22 13  93 107 14 18   24 12.2
Toronto      76 42 28  6  90 102 12 --       9.5
Carolina     73 36 27 10  82 100 18 --       8.6
Columbus     75 35 36  4  74  88 14 --       6.8

CPM per sportsclubstats.com and lottery weighting - last updated 3/26 in AM

And then there were 3 ...

Only team in action Sunday night is the Candy Canes.  Sabres can do no worse now than have their choice of Marner or Strome.  RPTC and M# now into single digits.  A loss in regulation in the desert allows the Sabres to lock up the championship w/ a record of 3-4-0 in their last 7.  Otherwise they need to go 4-3-0.

Magic Numbers for games played through 3/28 (14 days left in the regular season)

Now featuring the best NHL record the team can finish with while still finishing behind these teams:

Edmonton - 6 (3-3-1)

Arizona - 9 (3-4-0)

Nashville, Montreal, NY Islanders, Anaheim, NY Rangers, Tampa Bay, Detroit, St Louis, Pittsburgh, Chicago, Washington, Minnesota, Vancouver, Calgary, Winnipeg, Los Angeles, Boston, San Jose, Dallas, Ottawa, Florida, Colorado, Philadelphia, New Jersey, Columbus, Carolina, Toronto - Clinched

Toronto clinched. No more clinching until April 1st.

Current worst case: 11.5% in lottery - 4th pick

Edited by Tank

Magic Numbers for games played through 3/28 (14 days left in the regular season)

Now featuring the best NHL record the team can finish with while still finishing behind these teams:

Edmonton - 6 (3-3-1)

Arizona - 9 (3-4-0)

Nashville, Montreal, NY Islanders, Anaheim, NY Rangers, Tampa Bay, Detroit, St Louis, Pittsburgh, Chicago, Washington, Minnesota, Vancouver, Calgary, Winnipeg, Los Angeles, Boston, San Jose, Dallas, Ottawa, Florida, Colorado, Philadelphia, New Jersey, Columbus, Carolina, Toronto - Clinched

Toronto clinched.

Current worst case: 9.5% (4th place) in the lottery

IF Sabres take 2 in Arizona, they can go CHL 3-4-0.  (Not positive you were using CHL or NHL representation.  If you were using CHL, then as Emily Lutella used to say: "nevermind.")

IF Sabres take 2 in Arizona, they can go CHL 3-4-0. (Not positive you were using CHL or NHL representation. If you were using CHL, then as Emily Lutella used to say: "nevermind.")

I'm using NHL and they can go 3-4 NHL as it stands now.

The worst we can finish is 28th place, with an 11.5% shot at McDavid, a 33.5% shot at Hanifin, and a 55% shot at the 4th pick, correct?

Correct.  Odds may increase slightly if Garth's Goobers are nice enough to continue their current slide.

Awkward...

Reporterchris: Tim Murray quote from @nytimes article on Connor McDavid: "I watch him too much and I think too much about him. I wish I could help myself."

Did the reporter offer up a box of tissues after hearing that quote?

Awkward...

Reporterchris: Tim Murray quote from @nytimes article on Connor McDavid: "I watch him too much and I think too much about him. I wish I could help myself."

Not at all surprising (well, the exact wording might be ;)) as he's said that he will at least have discussions w/ the lottery winner if he doesn't win the lottery.  Has said he may not even make an offer  if ther's no point to it, but he will explore it if it comes to that.

Current standings through games played 3/29.

Team         GP  L  W OT  PT MPP PR RPTC M# CPM

Buffalo      75 47 20  8 102 116 14   9   8 19.7

Arizona      76 46 22  8  98 110 12  13  19 13.4

Edmonton     75 40 22 13  93 107 14  18  24 11.7

Toronto      76 42 28  6  90 102 12  --      9.5

Carolina     74 36 27 11  83  99 16  --      8.4

Columbus     75 35 36  4  74  88 14  --      6.1

CPM per sportsclubstats.com and lottery weighting - last updated 3/28 in PM

It's finally here. THE game of the season. IF the Sabres take 2 in this 6 bagger (on a scale of 1-5) that is about to get turned up to an 11, then they will only need to go 2-4-0 in a worst case and still clinch (clench?) the championship. If the Desert Dogs take 2, the Sabres may need to go 4-2-0 with a home game vs the Loafs who are epitomizing what it means to be a CHLer right now; so the Sabres might only have room to err 1 time in those 5 against guys that don't wear only b&w. No data on who'll be in nets tonight, wouldn't be surprised to see a rematch between Smith and Hackett.

Eulers are the only other CHLer in action tonight.

Magic Numbers for games played through 3/29 (13 days left in the regular season)

Now featuring the best NHL record Buffalo can finish with while still finishing behind these teams:

Edmonton - 6 (3-3-1)

Arizona - 9 (3-4-0)

Nobody played last night, but all three are in action tonight. Buffalo can't clinch anything further until at least April 1st.

Current worst case: 11.5% in lottery - 4th pick

The Arizona magic number can go all the way down to 4 tonight with a regulation loss. The tiebreaker with them is sealed with anything but an ROW (unless Arizona's goal differential drops/Buffalo's rises like crazy).

Edmonton's magic number can become 1 tonight if they win and Buffalo loses in regulation. The tiebreaker against Edmonton is sealed once they either get two ROWs, Buffalo doesn't get two or each get one.

Edited by Tank

It's come down to this.   What an exciting time to be alive.  

A few more inspirational quotes for the boys tonight in Glendale. 

"You miss 100% of the shots you take." 

- Wayne Gretzky

"Goals are fuel in the furnace of failure."

-Brian Tracy

"Whatever the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can't achieve.":

-Napoleon Hill

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be a failure."

-Albert Einstein

"Losing isn’t everything, but wanting to lose is."

- Lombardi

"Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as champion" - Muhammad Ali.

(That's his actual quote)

translated to CHL speak...

"Quit. Don't suffer and live the rest of your life as a loser." - Muhammad Ali