Trade speculation 2014-15

Hoss

Murray's comments to WGR about the surprise call...

That's not about Stewart.

Could it be on Ennis.  I be that's a name that could get some play.  It's more likely a younger controlled asset that actually has some value...unless someone really wants CoHo.  

Could it be on Ennis. I be that's a name that could get some play. It's more likely a younger controlled asset that actually has some value...unless someone really wants CoHo.

I'm wondering a bit about him saying he never expected he'd get a call on the guy... Is that because it's a guy like Ennis that isn't quite a deadline deal? Is a guy that's so bad (like Meszaros) that he didn't expect any action on? A guy like Hackett/Lindback? Larsson? WHO IS IT!? We'll probably never know.

My actual guess: Moulson or Hodgson.

Edited by Tank

As mentioned on GR yesterday, after he made the above comments, Murray was talking about the Kane Trade and accidentally said while speaking with EDM. In the next segment Schopp and Bulldog speculated the player was Neuvirth and the team was EDM. I hope they are right

I'm wondering a bit about him saying he never expected he'd get a call on the guy... Is that because it's a guy like Ennis that isn't quite a deadline deal? Is a guy that's so bad (like Meszaros) that he didn't expect any action on? A guy like Hackett/Lindback? Larsson? WHO IS IT!? We'll probably never know.

My actual guess: Moulson or Hodgson.

This makes more sense however

What if the player is someone being offered to Murray?

I like this.  Nowhere in his quote does he say the player he is getting a call on is a Sabre.

Maybe a young guy who has fallen out of favor with his current team?

Edited by Derrico

It's a gamble, like Ott was... would rather have had Ott returned than Moulson IMO... Stewart can bring a lot plus help protect our youth and stars

PHam asked Stewart this question directly earlier this week and Stewart said he likes it here and would come back.

I think it's a suck player frankly.

PHam asked Stewart this question directly earlier this week and Stewart said he likes it here and would come back.

That's the only response Stewart can give.  And even after he doesn't come back his answer is: "I loved my time in Buffalo.  The fans were great.  It's a hockey city.  We just couldn't get the deal done."

Just had a random thought if the mystery call really was from Edmonton... It could be Edmonton trying to pull a fast one. Maybe they called about Lindback. He helps their tank in two ways. He sucks and if they acquire him it may stop Murray from dealing Neuvirth since he wouldn't have Lindback to fall back on...

I expected him to say "they couldn't pay me enough to come back to this shithole team and town".

No way.  If you watch his interviews, especially after he has a good game, he does seem to like being in Buffalo.  Odd, but, Moulson was the same way.

Just had a random thought if the mystery call really was from Edmonton... It could be Edmonton trying to pull a fast one. Maybe they called about Lindback. He helps their tank in two ways. He sucks and if they acquire him it may stop Murray from dealing Neuvirth since he wouldn't have Lindback to fall back on...

Plan backfires.  Murray trades Neuvirth anyways, and you watch this team get reallllllly ugly.  Bonus: we con someone into giving us anything for Lindback.

Edited by Я знаю физика

I have more faith in Tim Murray than Craig McTavish.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.