Trade speculation 2014-15

Hoss

Of the teams in the bottom 8, if Buffalo doesn't land Conner, I'd be ok w/ Arizona, Joisey, or Columbus landing him. Please no to Edmonton or Carolina and dear Lord please no flipping way to TO or Filly.

I feel the exact same way.  I don't hate Edmonton, I just feel like when you've been that bad for so long, you should fix mistakes...not continue to make them. 

Of the teams in the bottom 8, if Buffalo doesn't land Conner, I'd be ok w/ Arizona, Joisey, or Columbus landing him. Please no to Edmonton or Carolina and dear Lord please no flipping way to TO or Filly.

Place that I'll be more pissed to see McEichel than I'd be elated if we land him:  Carolina

Order of preference for East teams for McEichel:  NJ, Columbus, Ottawa, Philly, Toronto, Carolina

Ideal scenario is we land one half of McEichel and other half is out west....don't care where.

Seriously, I'll go all Sabretooth73 if McEichel ends up here in Raleigh.

Phil Kessel is going to end up on a playoff team with a legitimate center and continue to be consistently fantastic. I don't want him here because we'd have to exhaust all our secondary assets plus a primary one probably. I don't like the dude and think he looks like a fat soccer dad, but he's a VERY good player.

Dreger on NHL Network:

-Penguins may look to add a very cheap depth defenseman (hello Messy Balls)

-Kings not looking to add salary due to big RFAs

-Jonathan Bernier's name has come up in trade talks along with JVR in Toronto. Unlikely.

-1% chance that Vermette is re-signed in Arizona. Being a vet through the process, likely to be traded.

-Lots of interest in Malcolm Subban but they don't want to trade him. Would take a "really really good" young player or prospect for him to be considered. MAYBE in the offseason.

The Sabres probably would need to keep some salary at 1.6 Million with one more season left , that should not be that hard for the right deal

I don't think we'd trade Weber and don't see why we would waste time retaining salary. He's a fine player that has little to no Value in a trade...

Stewart not on ice this AM. And Twitter is a buzz about Kypreos report on Wednesday of Stewart to Boston for Spooner.

That was a report last week as well.  Spooner has no grasp of his ability around the net and has not even produced in the AHL.  Classic bust prospect.  I'm not a fan of Spooner and he's 23 already.   He's a downgrade from both Lemieux and Armia for prospect value.  

That was a report last week as well.  Spooner has no grasp of his ability around the net and has not even produced in the AHL.  Classic bust prospect.  I'm not a fan of Spooner and he's 23 already.   He's a downgrade from both Lemieux and Armia for prospect value.  

Ryan Spooner is a point per game player in the AHL. 

That was a report last week as well. Spooner has no grasp of his ability around the net and has not even produced in the AHL. Classic bust prospect. I'm not a fan of Spooner and he's 23 already. He's a downgrade from both Lemieux and Armia for prospect value.

Not that this has anything to do with trade rumors but a second round pick in the NHL cannot by definition be a bust. Spooner, like a lot of Sabres "prospects" got a lot of buzz early on and suddenly he is the prospect of the day only to eventually find his level.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.