Trade speculation 2014-15

Hoss

I don't agree. We can't continue to unload every UFA we have and replace them with picks. There is not a prospect in our system that can join our team next year that will be a better player than Stewart.You can almost say the same thing for Stafford. There is no goalie in our system that will do a better job than Enroth. At some point Murray has to acquire players that are proven.

IF I can get Kane for something similar to Stewart/Pysyk/a 1st I do it all day long. Then I bring Stewart back in the summer. Stewart would also be good in mentoring Kane IMO.

Reinhart?

Armia?

McEichel?

Hyperbole is fun isn't it? :wallbash:

With regards to the Kane talk, I hear very few arguements that he doesn't have the neccesary raw skill to be a top 6 power forward winger. It's all about whether he puts together the locker room/off ice motivation side of his game. I would rather be taking chances on skill like that when the price is (supposedly) low than trot out highly motivated scabs. High end talent is how you win games.

Edited by Touched by Boyes

Armia will not have more impact next year than Stewart. My post stated next year. I think we have prospects who will end up better than Stewart but not anytime soon. If we are going to improve next year we can't replace a Stewart with a Armia.

You have to remember that we aren't replacing Stewart with Armia. It will be return on Stewart trade (say 2015 2nd rounder), plus the signing of a new UFA to fill his cap space. Stewart is technically off the team roster when this season ends, whether we end up re-signing him or 'RW Stewart Chris' in free agency doesn't much matter. Getting value for expiring UFA is almost always the prudent move in asset building.

Reinhart?

No way Timmy moves his first ever pick for damaged goods. Kane can be had for less.

Reinhart is our future #1 or 2 C.

If we miss out on McEichel and have traded Reinhart where are we at that position?

I would gamble on Kane, but for one of our UFAs, Hodgson or Foligno, a prospect (Pysyk) and some swap of picks.

I wonder who would be coming back the other way?

I would think GMTM might be looking for his long term solution in goal. Gibson? Not sure what side would need to even out the value, but Gibson is a highly rated goaltending prospect that is basically ready for the NHL. We currently don't have one of those in our system despite having a ton of goalie prospects.

The link below is Hockey Futures top 20 ranking of Ducks prospects.  So I'm guessing that list will get raided.  With the Ducks being legit contenders I can't see too many roster players coming back if the trade is by the deadline.

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospect-rankings/anaheim-ducks-top-20-prospects/

Looks like they have a PP QB in Shea Theodore.  I also like the idea of Gibson.  It will obviously take multiple pieces.

Edited by Derrico

Stewart is UFA, Pysyk is in AHL, and the first would be late round. I don't think they, or anybody, is going to get him for nothing.

He's a legit 25-30 goal scorer with tons of untapped potential. Like you said, you aren't getting him for nothing. This minor off ice hiccup isn't going to change his value to zero. Legit NHL talent will need to return. If I'm the Jets, I'm thinking Ennis, a prospect (Armia?) and a pick (late 1st, early 2nd).

Reinhart?

No way Timmy moves his first ever pick for damaged goods. Kane can be had for less.

If we miss out on McEichel and have traded Reinhart where are we at that position?

I would gamble on Kane, but for one of our UFAs, Hodgson or Foligno, a prospect (Pysyk) and some swap of picks.

He was saying Reinhart would have the ability to replace Stewart on our roster not that we would trade Reinhart. And the asking price has been a rostered player for Kane not the absolute overpayment you suggest.

Reinhart?

Reinhart was never mentioned in the swap with Winnipeg. That package you've suggested is garbage plus Pysyk. Not sure why any GM would do that. Kane isn't Hasek demanding a trade with the stipulation, "they better not give up too much."

The link below is Hockey Futures top 20 ranking of Ducks prospects.  So I'm guessing that list will get raided.  With the Ducks being legit contenders I can't see too many roster players coming back if the trade is by the deadline.

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospect-rankings/anaheim-ducks-top-20-prospects/

Looks like they have a PP QB in Shea Theodore.  I also like the idea of Gibson.  It will obviously take multiple pieces.

I forgot that they drafted Ritchie at #10 overall this past year. Maybe GMTM is looking for some more scoring winger pieces. At 6-2 220, Ritchie has the size that we seem to like as well.

Is Myers worth top prospect value? Is Gibson or Ritchie better than the Red Wings asking price of Dylan Larkin?

Edited by Touched by Boyes

Hodgson, Foligno and Pysyk is overpayment?

Plus ufa and swap of picks. Lets be clear. This isn't Lindros. We don't have to unload the boat. Unless this becomes a bidding war in which case you don't want in because you'll overpay for what pretty well everyone is calling a headcase. 

Plus ufa and swap of picks. Lets be clear. This isn't Lindros. We don't have to unload the boat. Unless this becomes a bidding war in which case you don't want in because you'll overpay for what pretty well everyone is calling a headcase.

I still think a player without huge question marks will have to be included. Hodgson, Foligno, too many unknowns. If I'm Winnipeg I want legit NHL talent that's under contract. Ennis, Moulson, Myers, Girgensons, one of them will need to be included.

I hope so but I think we can count on him in '16-'17.

It would be a big disappointment if he's not NHL-ready next year. I've said it a million times and I still believe it. He was the 2nd pick.

They are loaded with forward prospects and young guys. Rickard Rakell, Davante Smith-Pelley, Nick Ritchie (who Murray reportedly likes)... Many more that are near NHL-ready. They're a good match. I would want Rakell since he's an NHL player right now, plus more. Edited by Tank

I still think a player without huge question marks will have to be included. Hodgson, Foligno, too many unknowns. If I'm Winnipeg I want legit NHL talent that's under contract. Ennis, Moulson, Myers, Girgensons, one of them will need to be included.

I see what you're saying. 

Edited by bunomatic

Yes I would want that if I were Winnipeg, but I don't think they can get it anymore. Kane has become a problem child and his value has dropped supposedly.

I'll give them Stewart, Ruhwedal, and our 2nd for Kane, but nothing more. 

He's a legit 25-30 goal scorer with tons of untapped potential. Like you said, you aren't getting him for nothing. This minor off ice hiccup isn't going to change his value to zero. Legit NHL talent will need to return. If I'm the Jets, I'm thinking Ennis, a prospect (Armia?) and a pick (late 1st, early 2nd).

Kane is 23 with five seasons under his belt and one season above 19 goals (he may have gotten to 25-30 in the shortened season, but uncertain). His production is Stafford-esque. Now, I think he's more talented than Stafford and could be a consistent 25 goal scorer...but he hasn't been that in his career. I want to take a chance on him, but it shouldn't cost what it did to get Rick Nash.

You guys know I don't want to trade Myers, but you also know ou goaltending future scares me.

Not high on Ritchie, but I love Gibson.

Gibson Theodore Rakell for Myers Enroth.

Couldn't get any better for the tank.

The Kane value question boils down to your pro scouts as to how much more there is in there.

So far his career production looks a hell of a lot like Drew Stafford's.

The price won't be as high as some of you think.

The Kane value question boils down to your pro scouts as to how much more there is in there.

Serious injuries, one good season, and a career list of locker room issues. Not too apealing

I forgot that they drafted Ritchie at #10 overall this past year. Maybe GMTM is looking for some more scoring winger pieces. At 6-2 220, Ritchie has the size that we seem to like as well.

Is Myers worth top prospect value? Is Gibson or Ritchie better than the Red Wings asking price of Dylan Larkin?

I'm not a big fan of Ritchie, I don't want him as the centerpiece of any deal. 

You guys know I don't want to trade Myers, but you also know ou goaltending future scares me.

I would listen to that. 

Someone else to consider.  McEichel will be targeted by other teams, I'm looking at you Bruins, and the Sabres do not have the best track record of stopping  it.  Kane gives you a power winger with scoring ability and a bodyguard for McEichel as well.  He did drop Matt Cooke with one punch. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.