Trade speculation 2014-15

Hoss

Evander Kane isn't that appealing either. He scored 30 goals once....big whoop. He's the same player as Chris Stewart with more tread on his tires. Not worth the hoopla he is getting.

Not sure about the Stewart comparison, but I agree that some of these trade proposals on here are way too high for this guy. Locker problems, major injuries,and he's never come close to replicating that one great season he had.

Not sure about the Stewart comparison, but I agree that some of these trade proposals on here are way too high for this guy. Locker problems, major injuries,and he's never come close to replicating that one great season he had.

The comparison is more from the viewpoint that his potential has blinded people of his real production, which is average at best.  They are also power forwards who are good in spurts and can play physical, but leave you thirsting for more both from a physical perspective and production.

Maybe I'd trade Hodgson for him...but that is pretty much it.  Attitude issues are a major red flag, and this team needs none of that going forward, especially with all the other young talent we are about to cultivate. 

Agreed. They might take a rental, an NHL-level prospect and a pick for him.

Stafford/Stewart, Grigorenko/Pysyk and a late first? I would do that, especially if it's Pysyk. Still think it may be just short.

Then ask if they will take coho to close the deal. I think you are bang on with your assessment.

Then ask if they will take coho to close the deal. I think you are bang on with your assessment.

I think Hodgson may add some value if we retain salary so it's not a bad idea. If the idea of us buying him out is real then why not deal him and just retain salary instead?

I still don't think we should make any moves other than unloading our ufa's at the deadline.

I don't agree. We can't continue to unload every UFA we have and replace them with picks. There is not a prospect in our system that can join our team next year that will be a better player than Stewart.You can almost say the same thing for Stafford. There is no goalie in our system that will do a better job than Enroth. At some point Murray has to acquire players that are proven.

IF I can get Kane for something similar to Stewart/Pysyk/a 1st I do it all day long. Then I bring Stewart back in the summer. Stewart would also be good in mentoring Kane IMO.

I don't agree. We can't continue to unload every UFA we have and replace them with picks. There is not a prospect in our system that can join our team next year that will be a better player than Stewart.You can almost say the same thing for Stafford. There is no goalie in our system that will do a better job than Enroth. At some point Murray has to acquire players that are proven.

IF I can get Kane for something similar to Stewart/Pysyk/a 1st I do it all day long. Then I bring Stewart back in the summer. Stewart would also be good in mentoring Kane IMO.

For his own sake I hope Stafford moves on, either in a trade or as a free agent. The best thing for him is to get into a situation without all the history or baggage. 

Agreed but you certainly aren't going to build a contender by overpaying for assets either.   3 pieces for Kane was too much beforeeeeee  his latest incident.  The asking price as dropped to a roster player,  it was never two roster players plus a first. 

Agreed but you certainly aren't going to build a contender by overpaying for assets either. 3 pieces for Kane was too much beforeeeeee his latest incident. The asking price as dropped to a roster player, it was never two roster players plus a first.

Stewart is UFA, Pysyk is in AHL, and the first would be late round. I don't think they, or anybody, is going to get him for nothing.

Stewart is UFA, Pysyk is in AHL, and the first would be late round. I don't think they, or anybody, is going to get him for nothing.

of course not but trading arguably the best UFA forward, our top D prospect and a 1st is oerpaying by a lot.   The going price is one piece.http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/scouts-price-on-evander-kane-has-dropped-winnipeg-jets-trade-deadline/

why would you overpay? Sounds like that WGR guy who says do whatever it takes....well that's why he's on the radio not making NHL trades.  No one is going to pay that to get Kane given his issues.  

of course not but trading arguably the best UFA forward, our top D prospect and a 1st is oerpaying by a lot. The going price is one piece.http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/scouts-price-on-evander-kane-has-dropped-winnipeg-jets-trade-deadline/

why would you overpay? Sounds like that WGR guy who says do whatever it takes....well that's why he's on the radio not making NHL trades. No one is going to pay that to get Kane given his issues.

If they want a current rostered player it will not be Mitchell, Ellis, Benoit, etc. That is why I give them my offer. If that is too much Murray could always ask for a 2nd as well. I just don't want to give up one of our few decent rostered players.

Reinhart?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.