Pre Season GDT: Washington at Buffalo, 7 PM

wjag

Grigs and Samson expected to play in final two preseason games.

7 sent down: The following players have been assigned to Rochester: Forwards Joel Armia, Matt Ellis (pending waivers), andTim Schaller; defensemen Drew Bagnall (pending waivers) and Nick Petrecki; and goaltenders Nathan Lieuwenand Andrey Makarov.

Yesterday's lines

Brian Duff via twitter

Hodgson-Grigo-Stafford

Moulson-Ennis-Gionta

Deslauriers-Girgensons-Mitchell

Dalpe-McCormick-Flynn

Foligno-Reinhart-Stewart

Rochester bound: Ellis-Schaller-Armia

Chris Ryndak ‏@ChrisRyndak via twitter

Defensive Pairings

Gorges/Myers

Weber/Ristolainen

Benoit/Meszaros

Bagnall/Strachan

McCabe/Petrecki

Zadorov rotating in

Yesterday's lines

Brian Duff via twitter

Hodgson-Grigo-Stafford

Moulson-Ennis-Gionta

Deslauriers-Girgensons-Mitchell

Dalpe-McCormick-Flynn

Foligno-Reinhart-Stewart

Rochester bound: Ellis-Schaller-Armia

Chris Ryndak ‏@ChrisRyndak via twitter

Defensive Pairings

Gorges/Myers

Weber/Ristolainen

Benoit/Meszaros

Bagnall/Strachan

McCabe/Petrecki

Zadorov rotating in

The only question for me is where does McCabe start the season.

I don't think that GMTM is handling our young players any different than Darcy was. If Big Z is sent down to London for a 3rd year that will be an absolute joke. I don't care if he is getting 30 minutes a game, he needs to develop in Buffalo. Also I thought armia was suppose to be our big winger, How many years will they want to keep him in Rochester. This is the year to have all of our young players in Buffalo, give them one year to mend with each other, even if we are bad who cares. Get a great draft pick and go big in 2015-2016

I don't think that GMTM is handling our young players any different than Darcy was. If Big Z is sent down to London for a 3rd year that will be an absolute joke. I don't care if he is getting 30 minutes a game, he needs to develop in Buffalo. Also I thought armia was suppose to be our big winger, How many years will they want to keep him in Rochester. This is the year to have all of our young players in Buffalo, give them one year to mend with each other, even if we are bad who cares. Get a great draft pick and go big in 2015-2016

So -- young players who haven't earned roster spots should get them anyway? Do you think that will turn them into good NHL players?

Armia has played 1 season in Rochester, and he played poorly. Why in the world should he be in the NHL this year?

According to Capgeek, this is what the contracts look like for borderline NHL players. The first list is players that must pass through waivers. The second list are exempt players.

2014-2015 AHL NHL 2015-2016 2016-2017

Flynn: $650,000 $650,000

McCormick $2,000,000 $2,000,000 $1,500,000 $1,500,000 $1,000,000 $1,000,000

Mitchell: $2,500,000 $2,500,000

Foligno: $1,500,000 $1,500,000 $2,250,000 $2,250,000

Kaleta: $1,250,000 $1,250,000

Weber: $1,500,000 $1,500,000 $2,000,000 $2,000,000

Benoit: $800,000 $800,000

Deslauriers $625,000 $625,000 $650,000 $650,000

Delpe $275,000 $700,000

Strachan $250,000 $650,000

Reinhart $925,000 $2,650,000-Bonus $70,000 $925,000 $2,650,000-Bonus

McCabe $70,000 $925,000 $70,000 $925,000

Ruhwedel $70,000 $625,000 $675,000 $675,000

Pysyk: $67,500 $810,000

Grigorenko: $70,000 $925,000

Larsson: $67,500 $810,000

Thanks Chez. I know I won't get it on the lower channels up here but I have Centre Ice and they seem to show some (but not all) preseason games.

@ Tank - I can't think of who else would not be here for the first 9 games but it seems strange having Girgs on the fourth line playing 8 minutes a night. Once Sam is likely sent down and Girgs moves up to the third line, him Foligno and Stewart will be a very fun line to watch.

Edited by Derrico

Big Z isn't performing well, right now he is our 8th best D (and im still being polite, even bagnall outperformed on him) so he goes down.

Armia only spend one year in the AHL, well half a year seeing he was injured.

Edited by Heimdall

@sabres26 - Isn't GMTM handling the young players exactly the opposite of Darcy. You are complaining that young guys are being sent down unjustly. With Darcy it was the opposite. He played Grigo before he was ready and was intend on burning a year of Zadorov's contract as well before TM stepped in. Not sure where the similarities are coming from.

Zadorov seems to have taken a bit of a step back this offseason. *ducks*

I think we've also added defensive depth to where he isn't as likely to make the roster now. If this were last year's defense I would be banging the drum for Zadorov, but there doesn't really seem to be a spot for him. Which is a good problem to have.

I think we've also added defensive depth to where he isn't as likely to make the roster now. If this were last year's defense I would be banging the drum for Zadorov, but there doesn't really seem to be a spot for him. Which is a good problem to have.

I don't think there would be a spot for him even if they didn't add so many vets. I don't think, with the offseason he's had, there is any way he was ever making this team.

Zadorov seems to have taken a bit of a step back this offseason. *ducks*

I don't think he's taken a step back, I think people's first impressions were blinded by a bunch of cool looking huge hits from a team that hadn't delivered them regularly in ages. The issues we're seeing now were always there, we're just more aware of them because the shiny factor has worn off. See also: McNabb, Brayden.

I don't think he's taken a step back, I think people's first impressions were blinded by a bunch of cool looking huge hits from a team that hadn't delivered them regularly in ages. The issues we're seeing now were always there, we're just more aware of them because the shiny factor has worn off. See also: McNabb, Brayden.

I guess I should say the hype machine took a step back.

I don't think there would be a spot for him even if they didn't add so many vets. I don't think, with the offseason he's had, there is any way he was ever making this team.

I think he would have made the team. I don't think his preseason has looked bad either. But Gorges/Myers, Weber/Ristolainen, Meszaros/Benoit are pretty much the guaranteed 6D. Then you look at the depth chart and see guys like Pysyk and McCabe and you have to figure Zadorov is competing pretty much directly with two other guys who aren't even making the roster. That's a log jam.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.