Traverse City Tournament: Sept. 12 - Sept. 16

nfreeman

I havn't seen any games but based on reports of those who are there, Armia, Samuel-Thomas and Reinhart have all played very well. Which makes me scratch my head since they have no points and have been a line. Not sure how three of our best players can play together and not produce a single point as a line?

Its hockey

It is typical stuff, really.

Shrink: Now, Tyler, do you feel you are seeing the ice well?

Tyler: Yes, of course. Better than ever actually.

Shrink: And we talked about your skating last time?

Tyler: Yes, the skating feels good.

Shrink: And we explored issues about the uniform....

Tyler: Yes, I know it is an NHL uniform now. ..

Shrink: I hear a "but" in your tone of voice;what is the "but"?

Tyler: Well, in my mind I know it says Buffalo Sabres, but I seem to play my best when I imagine it is a giant bunny suit.

Shrink: Do you see yourself as a Giant Bunny, or an NHL player wearing a Bunny Suit? This is important.

Tyler: Definitely an NHL player wearing a Bunny Suit. I'm human of course, but wearing a Bunny Suit.

post-2267-0-58597400-1410782169_thumb.jpg

Yikes, the tank has worked its way down.

Now that's funny but it's alittle disturbing and puzzling thinking that this squad was loaded and them lose every game. I guess it's gonna be an eye opener for a lot of these youngsters starting their seasons. Now I really hate to say this but hopefully the real Buffalo Sabres can be competitive but finish at the bottom one last season. I don't think I could go all these years watching this.

We're leading in shots on goal in the tournament so far. I saw some analyst say that's a better stat to gauge how well a team is playing in this tournament than the final scores are.

I agree with that analyst. Unless you're the Devils, controlling play and generating a higher percentage of each game's chances will get you more wins over the long haul than scoring some fluky goals on weird bounces or defensive breakdowns.

Zadorov got benched, cassidy didn't like his effort level.

"Didn't like the effort" is a comment that has never made any sense to me at this level of hockey. Why wouldn't Zadorov be trying hard enough? I've always attributed that quote to ignorance — a media member who doesn't understand the more plausible explanation for why a player or team is struggling. Coming from a coach, it's harder to reconcile. I still don't get it. If Zadorov really wasn't trying hard enough, well, there's a huge problem here.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.