NHL Logo Rankings

Claude_Verret

I think Arizona's logo is one of the best. Not sure what some see wrong with it. It's a clean and beautiful look. I can see the argument for it being top 1/2. I know I did a ranking before, but I think Phoenix's logo really would be five on my list behind Chicago, St. Louis, Buffalo and Detroit.

Man, I missed an entire thread about team logos? That's what I get for tuning out for the summer. d4rk can tell you, I'm fairly obsessed with them. My favorite is digging into non NHL logos. There is some odd stuff out there. My hometown's ECHL team is a damn fish. Yes, the Toledo Walleyes. And I have a Toledo Storm jersey which looks like a 3 year old drew it. Nostalgia. Before that, we were the Toledo Goal Diggers... and had Mike Eruzione play for us.

I have a mooterus jersey, because it's hilarious. Horrible horrible logo, but worth 10 bucks on ebay for a drunken laugh during pond hockey in the winter.

My hometown's ECHL team is a damn fish. Yes, the Toledo Walleyes.

Heh. Madison had a "pro" team for a season, the Madison Ice Muskies.

20090723234429!MadisonIceMuskies.png

The summer before they got started, they hyped up the team so much. They brought in a coach from out of town, held tryouts, brought in quite a few players from out of town and gave them a stipend. Had a new logo and jerseys and a PR/social media guy. Even made a few promotional videos before they got going:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0bYouBAMlM

The season got started and they got a pretty alright draw of people. They served silos of beer for cheap, just about at-cost. The league was comprised of two types of players: the skinny guy from Nintendo Ice Hockey and the fat guy from Nintendo Ice Hockey. The skinny guys would play and the fat guys would fight. Fairly entertaining low level hockey. Again, cheap silos. They even had a full-size mascot that would do funny ######.

10331128-ice-muskies-mascot.jpg

And then it all went to ######. Before the team started, the owners were tight-lipped about which league they were going to play in. They were supposed to play in the Midwest Hockey League, but five of the seven teams left that league or went defunct before the season started. The MWHL would technically merge into the struggling All American Hockey League, except only one of the two remaining teams, Madison, went to the AAHL with the merger. By the end of the season, the owners/founders of the team didn't have enough money to pay the players and coaches, the players couldn't pay their rents. Pretty sure the owners screwed everybody involved and/or went bankrupt. The league bought the remnants of the team and moved it to Wooster, OH to become the Wooster Korn Kings (I can't make this ###### up). The Korn Kings didn't make it two months before collapsing. The AAHL would be defunct within the year.

1664_wooster__korn_kings_-primary-2011.png

Ice muskies jerseys weren't too bad, though, based on the Whalers jerseys.

3751114692_8412b46391.jpg

TL;DR dirt league pro hockey is fun to watch with beer but it's an organizational nightmare.

Edited by IKnowPhysics

Man, I missed an entire thread about team logos? That's what I get for tuning out for the summer. d4rk can tell you, I'm fairly obsessed with them. My favorite is digging into non NHL logos. There is some odd stuff out there. My hometown's ECHL team is a damn fish. Yes, the Toledo Walleyes. And I have a Toledo Storm jersey which looks like a 3 year old drew it. Nostalgia. Before that, we were the Toledo Goal Diggers... and had Mike Eruzione play for us.

I have a mooterus jersey, because it's hilarious. Horrible horrible logo, but worth 10 bucks on ebay for a drunken laugh during pond hockey in the winter.

uni-watch.com is a great blog on jersey stuff.

To be honest, the Walleye logo really isn't that bad. It's got a pretty nice design.

K9L7q8v.png

One of my favorites is the Muskegon Lumberjacks. I like the saw blade, I like the axe, and well, I'm one of those ladies with lumberjack fantasies.

SXHv6QM.png

And the Calgary Inferno women's team logo makes me smile- takes both calgary flames and calgary hitmen motifs and gave us a lady with firehair. Couple of those strands of hair are kinda clumsy, but overall, the idea makes me happy.

hL0vSXI.jpg

Heh. Madison had a "pro" team for a season, the Madison Ice Muskies.

20090723234429!MadisonIceMuskies.png

The summer before they got started, they hyped up the team so much. They brought in a coach from out of town, held tryouts, brought in quite a few players from out of town and gave them a stipend. Had a new logo and jerseys and a PR/social media guy. Even made a few promotional videos before they got going:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0bYouBAMlM

The season got started and they got a pretty alright draw of people. They served silos of beer for cheap, just about at-cost. The league was comprised of two types of players: the skinny guy from Nintendo Ice Hockey and the fat guy from Nintendo Ice Hockey. The skinny guys would play and the fat guys would fight. Fairly entertaining low level hockey. Again, cheap silos. They even had a full-size mascot that would do funny ######.

And then it all went to ######. Before the team started, the owners were tight-lipped about which league they were going to play in. They were supposed to play in the Midwest Hockey League, but five of the seven teams left that league or went defunct before the season started. The MWHL would technically merge into the struggling All American Hockey League, except only one of the two remaining teams, Madison, went to the AAHL with the merger. By the end of the season, the owners/founders of the team didn't have enough money to pay the players and coaches, the players couldn't pay their rents. Pretty sure the owners screwed everybody involved and/or went bankrupt. The league bought the remnants of the team and moved it to Wooster, OH to become the Wooster Korn Kings (I can't make this ###### up). The Korn Kings didn't make it two months before collapsing. The AAHL would be defunct within the year.

Ice muskies jerseys weren't too bad, though, based on the Whalers jerseys.

TL;DR dirt league pro hockey is fun to watch with beer but it's an organizational nightmare.

Yeah you got the Walleye beat for oof.

Wooster. Haven't thought about that town in a long time. I used to go there in middle school/high school for creative writing competitions. Huh. I can guarantee you it's not a sports town. It always seemed pretty sleepy when we stayed at the university there.

Also, the Korn Kings sounds like a horrible offspring of Insane Clown Posse (kottonmouth kings) and Korn.

Edited by Josie914

Nice. Down here, Austin used to have the Ice Bats (actually make sense with the huge bat colony based under one of the bridges downtown here):

IceBats24RUDDICKroadfrontG.jpg

And the Calgary Inferno women's team logo makes me smile- takes both calgary flames and calgary hitmen motifs and gave us a lady with firehair. Couple of those strands of hair are kinda clumsy, but overall, the idea makes me happy.

One of my fantasy football teams this year is called "L'il Donte's Inferno" (Donte Whitner in Bills uni for the avatar)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.