NHL Logo Rankings

Claude_Verret

I agree on the Coyotes logo being weak, but can't find much fault with the other logos being ranked ahead of the Sabres. They did call out the slug by stating that it certainly would have given the Canes a run for their money for 30th place.

I'd also like to see them list all seven panelists individual rankings when it's all over to shed some light on some of the big outliers like Dallas and Anaheim.

I agree on the Coyotes logo being weak, but can't find much fault with the other logos being ranked ahead of the Sabres. They did call out the slug by stating that it certainly would have given the Canes a run for their money for 30th place.

I'd also like to see them list all seven panelists individual rankings when it's all over to shed some light on some of the big outliers like Dallas and Anaheim.

I've never, ever been a fan of the Detroit logo. Ugly. And while the Chicago logo is cool, how does it say "Chicago"? That's one of the criteria they've been using.

I've never, ever been a fan of the Detroit logo. Ugly. And while the Chicago logo is cool, how does it say "Chicago"? That's one of the criteria they've been using.

How many actually do represent the city without spelling it out? Not many are coming to mind. Us, Detroit, Colorado (although that's more a product of the team name), Washington... I'm sure people will list others but it doesn't seem all that common to me.

How many actually do represent the city without spelling it out? Not many are coming to mind. Us, Detroit, Colorado (although that's more a product of the team name), Washington... I'm sure people will list others but it doesn't seem all that common to me.

For example, they cited Dallas's nickname, "Big D," last week.

For example, they cited Dallas's nickname, "Big D," last week.

I will admit right up front that I haven't read many of them. That said, I feel like they would give Dallas credit for the star alone since it is a symbol for Texas. Sure, they ripped off the cowboys, but by that criteria, it is a symbol for the area.

I will admit right up front that I haven't read many of them. That said, I feel like they would give Dallas credit for the star alone since it is a symbol for Texas. Sure, they ripped off the cowboys, but by that criteria, it is a symbol for the area.

True, but the Pokes ripped it from the state flag.

Dissenting opinion: “I respect the use of the crossing Sabres, but I’m fed up with Buffalo sports teams incorporating the buffalo itself into their logos. Just admit it: you are the Buffalo Buffaloes. That should knock this team down several pegs in my eyes.” - Matt Larkin

What a dick , i personally think its one of the best ones in the league, one that can rival with the red wings (wich i always loved).

Allthough do have some affinity for the red silver buffalo head.

What a dick , i personally think its one of the best ones in the league, one that can rival with the red wings (wich i always loved).

Allthough do have some affinity for the red silver buffalo head.

I knew someone was going to call out the last part. The "Buffalo Buffaloes" argument is just people being jelly and/or angry that their teams had to manufacture some mascot or icon- in our city, the Buffalo was our titular birthright. We own it. You want we should have a different mascot than the name of our city? Have Sabretooth. The author spells it out: it's a wonderfully clear and elegant representation:

Animal-Art_American%20Buffalo-01.jpg

cs-1904-austrian-cavalry-saber.jpg

Here's another ranking from last year where the Sabres also came in 5th, but this one polled writers, fans and some players.

http://www.sportsnet...unning-to-ugly/

5. Buffalo Sabres The greatest non-Original Six logo ever was generated from the Knox brothers’ name-the-team contest. Who knew two guys named Seymour and Northrup would agree on something so badass? It helps when your city’s name is also an animal. Seriously: Buffalos or swords – which extinct danger would you rather coming at you with speed? “Neither” is the correct response. “Being a Sabres fan, I thought the old-school Buffalo logo was pretty cool,” says Couture. He’s right.

It's rigged, I say.

It's becoming more and more questionable. I'm not a fan of the Coyotes logo, but it's not a stretch for it to be in the top 10. Top 3? NFW

The biggest injustices so far are the Anaheim and Dallas in the top 10 and Montreal way down at 13 IMO.

I want to see the individual contributors rankings when this is all done so we can know who is completely off their rocker.

And while the Chicago logo is cool, how does it say "Chicago"? That's one of the criteria they've been using.

Well, the name of the city is actually taken from an algonquian word "shikaakwa." That being of native american origin, it's not entirely crazy that they use the blackhawk name and the head of a NA for their logo.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.