Development camp - Blue & Gold scrimmage

BuffaloBorn

Blue reports that Pegula sat with GM TM at the 3 on 3 tourney. PA arched-eyebrowingly takes note.

Over under on the # of times before the 2015 draft wherein PA will cite this as a piece of meddling proof: 11.

More evidence: Terry's signature on player's checks. Now the guy is literaly signing off on who plays for the Sabres!

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Blue reports that Pegula sat with GM TM at the 3 on 3 tourney. PA arched-eyebrowingly takes note.

Over under on the # of times before the 2015 draft wherein PA will cite this as a piece of meddling proof: 11.

Unless something happens to PA (disappearance, alien abduction, mental breakdown, etc) I'm taking the over. Heck, I think he hits the over by Halloween.

I went to the scrimmage in 2012 it was free then.

20yr old mid first round picks don't look like NHL superstars. .. I'm shocked! #buffalolosermentality

I don't trust my memory any more. But… I KNOW I stood in line to buy a ticket to something in the summer of 2012. I remember talking to a guy in line, he was also a first-timer, and we wondered how they did the seating: by assignment or first come.

Edit: Whew! I'm not nuts. http://sabres.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=637111

Meh. I might mention it a time or two. But it's so far down the list of pieces of evidence I have. I'd bet the under.

Edited by PASabreFan

I doubt they are "good lines," but I just threw them together to show how much talent there really is in this organization...it's very deep. in my opinion, this is the best of the best. (and I love it! Lol.)

EDIT: Took out McDavid as he is not part of the organization, "yet."

I'm as excited as anyone, but we haven't won game one yet and any team can put a list of future "stars" up from the farm system, but that all might just end up as a mid level team. Still so many ifs and buts. Nothing certain at all, though I do enjoy watching it all unfold and really hope they turn into a great Stanley cup squad.

Sizes and weights and testing results from the dev camp... Zadorov at 238. Wow.

I keep biting my tongue at everyone who says he looks slow. I was stoked when they drafted him because he's not a flashy skater. He's extremely smooth. There is no wasted motion or energy in how he moves.

So to some people he looks slow. But I think his skating ability just makes him appear that way.

I keep biting my tongue at everyone who says he looks slow. I was stoked when they drafted him because he's not a flashy skater. He's extremely smooth. There is no wasted motion or energy in how he moves.

So to some people he looks slow. But I think his skating ability just makes him appear that way.

I agree. I'm hoping thats to lure flashy skill guys into getting absolutely crushed when they move to go around him.

I totally agree. People don't want to go thru a rebuild like this but it was totally necessary. Yeah let's finish 10-14 pick wise and be this mediocre team. No Fing Way I want that. This team should be pretty damn good and if people don't see it they sure will in a few years.

No. They won their division and a year later were one period away from closing out a playoff series against an SC finalist. It never should've gotten to this point. They were mismanaged into the ground.

This is why the volume of picks is so important. Some guys we love will fail and some not on the radar will be good. But with the sheer number of picks we have (and will have)? It would take some pretty extraordinary bad luck to come out of this without at least a decent team.

Exactly.

Someone like Grigorenko might fail, but Olofsson could end up being a steal. (Theoretically speaking.)

I just see no way this team does not become good with all this talent...even if only the 1st rounders made it, that's enough for a darn good team.

I don't think extraordinary circumstances would be necessary. Mediocre luck and mediocre decision-making could lock them into non-playoff status.

I just think some of us want everyone to temper their enthusiasm a bit. Five years ago McNabb, Kassian and Foligno were going to lead us to the promise land. Now they are a 7th defenseman, a 4th liner, and a border line 3rd liner.

This.

No. They won their division and a year later were one period away from closing out a playoff series against an SC finalist. It never should've gotten to this point. They were mismanaged into the ground.

Well, I think that is the point of those who think this rebuild was necessary. They got close, but then mismanagement really brought the franchise into and under the ground. That's when the rebuild became more of a necessity.

I don't think extraordinary circumstances would be necessary. Mediocre luck and mediocre decision-making could lock them into non-playoff status.

This.

in your opinion what mismanagement mistakes were made? I know my most glaring example but most people disagree with it. I really wanted the four first rounders for Vanek, but it was what it was. Where do you feel Darcy and company screwed up?

Agreed. If I'm not mistaken zadorov was one of the fastest skaters in the entire 2013 draft. Maybe he doesn't have the quickest feet but he's definitely not slow

I don't think he's slow, but it appears that way because he isn't quick. His first two steps don't launch him like for some skaters. Vanek syndrome, if you will.

Zadorov is a very good skater. I don't equate skating with just speed, especially for a D man. He is strong on his skates, skates backwards well, and keeps his gap. I actually think he has decent speed and can jump up into the play. Not a liability at all.

For a 240 lb kid. His skating is ridiculously good.

Zadorov is a very good skater. I don't equate skating with just speed, especially for a D man. He is strong on his skates, skates backwards well, and keeps his gap. I actually think he has decent speed and can jump up into the play. Not a liability at all.

For a 240 lb kid. His skating is ridiculously good.

Wow, he's that big??

Vanek Syndrome?

Willman could only do 4 reps at 135. That's really bad, even for an 18 year old. Shouldn't be too tough for this kid to add 10-15 lbs. of muscle as he gets a few years older though.

He'll be pressing his body weight by the fall. One thing that differs between the NCAA and juniors is the amount of time spent in the weight room. Juniors you play a lot more, but half your life is on a bus. The D1 weight rooms are serious business even for the women's programs.

noone is worried at Zadorov being near 240? i didn't think he would project that high after we drafted him....

Fwiw I think he was 228-230 at the draft so he put on about 10lbs but was still growing at 18 so not totally unsurprising. hopefully mostly muscle just from working out though. I read some flyers boards saying Sam morin from the same draft put on 20+ lbs, and seeing a before and after pic of him is Mindblowing how much his physique has changed in one year. From boy to man. I'll see if I can find it

Middle, then right. Maybe it's just the hair lol

post-2117-0-79954500-1405830477_thumb.jpg

post-2117-0-82710600-1405830484_thumb.jpg

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.