Trade with the Jets:LW Jordan Samuels-Thomas Acquired

Brawndo

Well, considering that, it'd probably be more like:

*ring*

"Hello?"

"It's Darth Murray. Give me Evander Kane for a conditional seventh."

"Okay Lord Murray, I'm sorry for not doing it earlier."

"Come to think of it, I'll wait on that deal. Give me Jordan Samuels-Thomas, instead."

"He's on his way. What're the conditions of the pick?"

"If I feel like it, you get the 7th."

lol. I think it would be more like:

*ring*

"Hello"

"This is Darth Murray, you will give me Jordan Samuels for a conditional 7th"

"Okay my master... but I don't think he will play in the AHL or NHL..."

"I find your lack of faith disturbing."

"I am sorry Lord Murray, I was only..."

"You don't know the power of the Blue n Gold side."

"You are right, what is the condition of the pick?"

*click, dial tone"

He sounds like the type of player that most have been pushing for lately. Here's a direct quote from a friend who covers the ECAC:

"Heavy hitter. Biggest impact is his ability to pressure opponents, esp along the boards. Scores occasionally, really selfless in general."

He sounds like the type of player that most have been pushing for lately. Here's a direct quote from a friend who covers the ECAC:

"Heavy hitter. Biggest impact is his ability to pressure opponents, esp along the boards. Scores occasionally, really selfless in general."

.67 PPG in the ECAC is not inspiring. This guy maxes out as a fourth liner in the NHL and is more likely destined for the same role in the AHL. So good use of a contingent 7th round pick, but it's tough to get too excited over this prospect.

.67 PPG in the ECAC is not inspiring. This guy maxes out as a fourth liner in the NHL and is more likely destined for the same role in the AHL. So good use of a contingent 7th round pick, but it's tough to get too excited over this prospect.

I'll see you at the meeting. Don't forget — we'd like the sheets starched this time. Thanks.

All successful hockey teams have these type of grunts that do the dirty work well. He may or may not be that player in the NHL long term, but for a 7th round pick he is a smart pick up, and if he does play that roll well in the NHL it will be a steal move, if he doesn't their was little downside.

Edited by ddaryl

Not to nitpick, 11, but that was his Junior year and his first at Quinnipiac. He scored 29 points in 34 games his senior year (0.85PPG). Finished fifth on the team in points.

My expectations are obviously tempered, but it's a free chance at a signing of a player that someone in our organization tabbed, and that is enough to ignite just a wee amount of intrigue. If our scouts are doing their job, then someone saw this kid play and said, "yeah, he's worth a conditional seventh or more."

Not to nitpick, 11, but that was his Junior year and his first at Quinnipiac. He scored 29 points in 34 games his senior year (0.85PPG). Finished fifth on the team in points.

My expectations are obviously tempered, but it's a free chance at a signing of a player that someone in our organization tabbed, and that is enough to ignite just a wee amount of intrigue. If our scouts are doing their job, then someone saw this kid play and said, "yeah, he's worth a conditional seventh or more."

Meh. Again, good use of a conditional 7th round pick, but I'm not getting excited about Matt Ellis.

What is wrong with the ECAC? The last two NCAA champions come from the ECAC! If you can score as well as he did in a conference with champions like Yale and Union, then I wouldn't whine about the ECAC. Now I hope he shows enough to get signed by August 15.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.