1st Round pick #2 Sam Reinhart

spndnchz

Ehhh, the CHL's prosperity IS good for the prospects. And the AHL and NHL. Just because fans may be itching to have person A here or there, doesn't mean the fact that league relationships may prevent such moves is a bad thing in the grand narrative. Fans just don't like it because they're impatient.

Muscle is always in one of three states: building, breaking down, or atrophying.

Which state is a superior player in when he plays inferior competition night after night?

It's not about impatience, it's about what's best for certain players. Some just aren't best served when forced to play against inferior competition.

It's nice that elite prospects can sell tickets in the inferior league, though.

GO SABRES!!!

I think any player who has played three years of major junior should be eligible for the AHL.

Player has likely got what he needed from the CHL and the CHL has got its money's worth from the player/

It's currently at 4 years. So he'll be eligible next year, but that won't matter.

• 3 weeks later...

Here is the Sabres press release on Reinhart's two goal performance along with video.

"Serving as Canada’s captain, Reinhart earned high marks as a steady two-way leader down the middle of the ice. He controlled the majority of his draws, employed smart positioning and an active stick on the top penalty killing unit, and was quick with his touch passes while operating on the power play. Consistent throughout, it was easy to see Reinhart’s quick thinking and vision at work when the puck came his way.

A trio that combined for 125 goals and 278 points in 2013-14, Reinhart’s line with Anthony Duclair (NYR) and Nick Ritchie (ANA) was dominant all evening long, sustaining regular pressure while helping steer Canada to a 41-18 shots on goal advantage"

http://sabres.nhl.co...s.htm?id=727937

Edited by LGR4GM

Steady is the right word. He moved well and, as advertised, he showed patience and composure. He penalty killed often and was the only forward on the ice for a 3-on-5 goal against.

I only caught his first goal on replay, but his second goal was nice. He got bumped behind the net, but found and secured the puck, and instead of blindly trying a wraparound, he saw he had time to take it out front, waited for the goalie to open up and slipped it past him. I imagine it would have been a difficult maneuver against men or a more well rested Czech squad, but it's easy to see the value of such composure.

Duclair had a flashier goal and Gauthier obliterated a guy on the forecheck that led to a goal, but I liked Sam's game more.

Ekblad got lit up at the blue line by a guy my size--5'11, 161.

862629126.gif

I also read that Ekblad was concussed and is done with the summer training program. I'm not sure how I'd feel if I were a Panthers fan, seeing that play. I don't just mean that the young man was injured (and I hope he recovers) -- I mean that he managed to put himself in that position. What will become of him in the NHL?

Edited by It Figures

I also read that Ekblad was concussed and is done with the summer training program. I'm not sure how I'd feel if I were a Panthers fan, seeing that play. I don't just mean that the young man was injured (and I hope he recovers) -- I mean that he managed to put himself in that position. What will become of him in the NHL?

was just thinking the same, a guy his size , his head that low, ready to be terminated by gerbe even.

Everyone could have given him a head shot, not even talking about the akward movement of his left knee. This is all about on ice intelligence.

Edited by Heimdall

was just thinking the same, a guy his size , his head that low, ready to be terminated by gerbe even.

Everyone could have given him a head shot, not even talking about the akward movement of his left knee. This is all about on ice intelligence.

He's probably played 200 games in junior.

This too is junior.

If it was a pattern, we'd have seen it.

Muscle is always in one of three states: building, breaking down, or atrophying.

Which state is a superior player in when he plays inferior competition night after night?

It's not about impatience, it's about what's best for certain players. Some just aren't best served when forced to play against inferior competition.

It's nice that elite prospects can sell tickets in the inferior league, though.

GO SABRES!!!

I know this post is a few weeks old, but I just had to respond:

I don't accept this premise. What about sustaining?

If you're talking about muscle (per the first line), quite possibly the player is building muscle. If he's personally working hard, it's not atrophying; if he's superior to the competition and is dominating, they're not breaking down his muscle.

It's such a bad mixed metaphor though. The initial premise is flawed, and it doesn't necessarily indicate anything about a player's skill set and ability which is really what you're talking about, as opposed to simple muscle. Someone can put on muscle working out in a gym. So why even bring that into it?

Don Cherry is a raving lunatic at times, but he does have a good point on the Ekblad concussion ...

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/don-cherry-upset-with-team-canada-after-aaron-ekblad-hit-1.2732232

There is no in between with Cherry. You either love, or hate, him. I love him.

Don Cherry is a raving lunatic at times, but he does have a good point on the Ekblad concussion ...

http://www.cbc.ca/sp...d-hit-1.2732232

There is no in between with Cherry. You either love, or hate, him. I love him.

Sam Reinhart should only play in the NHL playoffs then because, well honestly, he will have a target on his back in those meaningless October games. <_< Cherry is an idiot and Ekblad should have had his head up.

That being said I hope the Sabres release Reinhart to play in the WJC because I think it would be a terrific experience for him.

• 10 months later...

Just a reminder that when teams are busy holding on for dear life trying to contain Eichel, we'll still have Samson Reinhart taking the game over.

I saw this thread pop up and I was concerned it was going to be trade proposal, or something else minimizing Sam and his role in our future. Glad to see the positive thoughts. Love this kid.

Next year they'll likely have C's

Eichel

Reinhart

O'Reilly

Girgensons

w/ Larsson available as well. LA Kings model indeed!

At the start the season all 4 will be in the top 6. Roughly 1/2 way through Girgensons will play 3rd line center and O'Reilly will be bumped to RW on the 1st or 2nd line. Of course this is what I think/hope for. 

Edited by Thanes16

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.