Around the NHL: 2014-2015

LGR4GM

Twitter reporting that Jean Believeau has died.

I'm glad I heard the news before I randomly saw a headline this morning saying "NHL legend dies". Where else would anyone's mind go when reading that story if they already heard yesterday's story about Gordie suffering a third stroke.

I'm glad I heard the news before I randomly saw a headline this morning saying "NHL legend dies". Where else would anyone's mind go when reading that story if they already heard yesterday's story about Gordie suffering a third stroke.

Unfortunately Gordie is next. I just hope he doesn't suffer too much.

There's nothing to feel bad about. He led a long and wonderful life and (according to what I've seen) died peacefully. We all should be so lucky.

I wish more people felt this way about mortality. Don't mourn a death, celebrate a life. Alas, it's not up to me to determine how people feel.

Paul Greenwood sent to prison for a decade

NEW YORK -- A former money manager and one-time partial owner of the New York Islanders was sentenced Wednesday to a decade in prison for a more than half-billion-dollar financial fraud carried out over more than a dozen years.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nhl/story/_/id/11973657/paul-greenwood-former-co-owner-new-york-islanders-gets-10-years-jail-financial-fraud

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.