Around the NHL: 2014-2015

LGR4GM

Just on a complete side note to the current discussion... Tampa Bay could be sick this year and going forward. Last year Stamkos got injured and they sent Drouin back to the Q. This year Stamkos is healthy, Drouin will make the team (he had 41pts in 16 playoff games), and they guys like Vladislav Namestnikov, Anthony DeAngelo, and Nikita Kucherov in the pipeline or via for a spot this season. I gotta say a line of Stamkos, Doruin, Kucherov sounds terrifying. Should be fun to watch though.

End Side Note.

Bolts are poised to become the class of our division for a while, and Montreal isn't going away.

Hopefully the lull in Detroit continues and Boston's inevitable decline begins soon.

I have a lot of doubts about Montreal. They just jettisoned 2 leaders from their team. Montreal is poised to be mediocre this year (6-9 in the east)

I think TB has enough forward talent and goal scoring skills on that team that even Leino could score for them.

I have a lot of doubts about Montreal. They just jettisoned 2 leaders from their team. Montreal is poised to be mediocre this year (6-9 in the east)

I think TB has enough forward talent and goal scoring skills on that team that even Leino could score for them.

See.. now you're just being silly.

I think their young guys like Subban and Galchenyuk continuing to improve should help compensate for their losses.

Wouldn't surprise me if the Habs take a step back this year, but they will make the playoffs and should be competitive for the next few years.

The have the goalie and the defenceman to build around and are crossing their fingers that Galchenyuk will be the forward.

They could afford to dump Gorges and Gionta because they have guys coming up behind them.

Wouldn't surprise me if the Habs take a step back this year, but they will make the playoffs and should be competitive for the next few years.

The have the goalie and the defenceman to build around and are crossing their fingers that Galchenyuk will be the forward.

They could afford to dump Gorges and Gionta because they have guys coming up behind them.

I think they over achieved last year. They are still a team without a true one center and only one real power forward . They are missing a number of pieces imo . I also worry about Price being injury prone. I agree they make the playoffs again if Price stays healthy. I do not see them getting by Tampa this year.

Edited by waldo

So apparently the Ottawa Sun reported that Sidney Crosby was arrested last night: http://ottawacitizen.com/storyline/did-sidney-crosby-get-arrested-last-night-in-ottawa-it-depends-on-who-you-ask

Problem is, Crosby is in Vail, training.

So the report was quickly withdrawn from the Sun's website.

I wonder if Garrioch wrote the story.

So apparently the Ottawa Sun reported that Sidney Crosby was arrested last night: http://ottawacitizen...-on-who-you-ask

Problem is, Crosby is in Vail, training.

So the report was quickly withdrawn from the Sun's website.

I wonder if Garrioch wrote the story.

Justin Bieber was arrested in Canada yesterday, so maybe they got 'Canada's most successful star' mixed up

No one posted the Krecji contract?

The team confirmed the deal on Thursday.

With his new deal, Krejci will lead all Bruins with the biggest cap hit at $7.25 million in 2015-16.

Krejci, 28, scored 19 goals and added 50 assists in 80 games with the Bruins last season. He added four assists in 12 playoff games.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=460938

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.