Around the NHL: 2014-2015

LGR4GM

Kevin Hayes anyone?

Seems he appears hell bent on going to UFA Aug. 15th.

Compensation to Chicago is a compensatory 2nd round pick, I'm assuming that's a pick at the end of the round, or is it actually our pick? And if so, is Hayes worth a top end 2nd round pick in this draft?

Projects as a power forward, hobey baker finalist. Plays a decent game, adds competition to the PF's we have in the pipe line now, no?

Kevin Hayes anyone?

Compensation to Chicago is a compensatory 2nd round pick, I'm assuming that's a pick at the end of the round, or is it actually our pick? And if so, is Hayes worth a top end 2nd round pick in this draft?

Projects as a power forward, hobey baker finalist. Plays a decent game, adds competition to the PF's we have in the pipe line now, no?

Has to be our pick. I would say that it's probably worth it. We have the Islanders' second, too, so would still have one (not to mention three first-round picks.) The only question is whether one or both of the second-round picks could be used to move the Blues' pick up in the first, or even be combined with the Blues' pick to move either our or the Islanders' first up, should either end up being middle of the round (no, they wouldn't help us move up to get in the top-2 should we miss out on them.)

Edited by carpandean

@NHL: SEASON IN :60(ish): Will we see these (and more) highlights from the @BuffaloSabres in 2014-15? http://t.co/3ItyYUY6Tn

Sabres season highlights in 60 seconds. Couple of gems from girgensons. Wish they'd do a lowlight video, that could be highly entertaining. Sabrepede, I'm looking at you

60 seconds sounds about right for highlights. The lowlight video would probably have to be a Lord-of-the-Rings style trilogy.

Has to be our pick. I would say that it's probably worth it. We have the Islanders' second, too, so would still have one (not to mention three first-round picks.) The only question is whether one or both of the second-round picks could be used to move the Blues' pick up in the first, or even be combined with the Blues' pick to move either our or the Islanders' first up, should either end up being middle of the round (no, they wouldn't help us move up to get in the top-2 should we miss out on them.)

Thank you for clarifying carpandean. I haven't caught Hayes in action but once viewing a televised game, so I'm not aware of his abilities. But if he's worth it, I'd like to see the Sabres go get him.

Thank you for clarifying carpandean. I haven't caught Hayes in action but once viewing a televised game, so I'm not aware of his abilities. But if he's worth it, I'd like to see the Sabres go get him.

Well i guess its a about playing time, and with the sabres he has more than enough chance of getting it.

Kevin Hayes anyone?

We don't have to give up a pick if we sign him as a UFA. Chicago is automatically compensated with a second round pick if they are unable to sign him. They would get the same pick in the 2nd that they used to draft him. They took him 24th so they will get the 24th pick of the second rounds. All other teams at or beyond that slot in the draft order get pushed back one spot. It is not taken away from anyone.

We don't have to give up a pick if we sign him as a UFA. Chicago is automatically compensated with a second round pick if they are unable to sign him. They would get the same pick in the 2nd that they used to draft him. They took him 24th so they will get the 24th pick of the second rounds. All other teams at or beyond that slot in the draft order get pushed back one spot. It is not taken away from anyone.

Ah, well, that clarifies it quite a bit. Thank you shrader.

With the comment earlier on his willingness to to sign with Chicago being tied to ice time, would TM snag him and give him a shot at the roster right away, or tell him he could come up as needed?

I should have looked at what situation he was in. Was thinking of RFA offer sheet compensation, not an unsigned college player becoming a UFA.

I like that they put the slug jersey on there solely because of the slug. Sure, the logo is a part of the jersey, but the whole thing was never particularly ugly, IMO.

You're right. The sweater itself was actually very nice.

Bonaventure club hockey actually uses the jersey style with their colors and logo, and I think it looks nice. It's yellow, silver and white where it normally is and then brown where it was blue. Turned out nicely.

White version: http://m.facebook.com/295381470487265/photos/pb.295381470487265.-2207520000.1405784059./846730838685656/?type=1&source=54&refid=17

Brown version: http://m.facebook.com/295381470487265/photos/pb.295381470487265.-2207520000.1405784107./846727368686003/?type=1&source=42

The logo could be a bit bigger, but I like them.

Edited by Tankalicious

I seem to have lost the turdburger sweater thread, so here it goes. The ten worst jerseys in NHL history. Guess who's on there twice?

http://trlhockey.com/the-ten-worst-jerseys-in-nhl-history/

I thought there were a few other third jerseys from 96 that should have been listed. Vancouver had one and the standard two blues jerseys at that point were really bad with the red added in.

And how did the mooterus not make it?

I thought there were a few other third jerseys from 96 that should have been listed. Vancouver had one and the standard two blues jerseys at that point were really bad with the red added in.

And how did the mooterus not make it?

The mooterus might be the worst of all time.

For all who are looking forward to witnessing Matt D'Agostini's special brand of magic, you'll have to head to Switzerland to do so: https://twitter.com/...319669429956608

Pretty much confirms just how awful our lineup was last season. There hasn't exactly been a rush by other NHL clubs to sign our cast-offs.

Lee Stempniak to the Rangers 1 year at only $900k. Very nice signing by the Rangers given the salary.

Pretty much confirms just how awful our lineup was last season. There hasn't exactly been a rush by other NHL clubs to sign our cast-offs.

Lee Stempniak to the Rangers 1 year at only $900k. Very nice signing by the Rangers given the salary.

stempniak is just about the definition of journeyman.

It really wasn't. It was just random blobs of color and vertical piping. Plus it was designed when Reebok wanted future jerseys to be tucked in, and the complete lack of horizontal stripes or design at the bottom is conspicuous and odd (because the design wasn't updated after they changed course and decided not to tuck jerseys in after all).

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.