Around the NHL: 2014-2015

LGR4GM

Another fight night, this time in Winnipeg. The Avs down by four goals. Big fight, they end up with a two man advantage and pull their goalie for a 6-3 power play. Then a Jet defender broke his stick, making it effectively 6-on-2. Avs couldn't score. Late in the PP one of the Avs also broke a stick and was the only man back when the Jets cleared the puck apparently on goal. He made a skate save. As the PP ended, the Avs changed on the fly to bring the goalie back on the ice. Certainly not something you see every day.

Another fight night, this time in Winnipeg. The Avs down by four goals. Big fight, they end up with a two man advantage and pull their goalie for a 6-3 power play. Then a Jet defender broke his stick, making it effectively 6-on-2. Avs couldn't score. Late in the PP one of the Avs also broke a stick and was the only man back when the Jets cleared the puck apparently on goal. He made a skate save. As the PP ended, the Avs changed on the fly to bring the goalie back on the ice. Certainly not something you see every day.

Exciting. Thats what makes this game great. Shite happens on the fly.

According to the NYP Andrew Barroway is on the verge of backing out of his purchase of the Yotes... Jesus Christ. Get this dude away from hockey.

Good grief... wonder what the deal is. Link here:

http://nypost.com/2014/12/06/devils-need-a-nosedive/

Sounds like current owners directed the sell-off to cut expenses, which would suggest they are no longer expecting the cash infusion from Barroway. Wth is going on there?

Good grief... wonder what the deal is. Link here:

http://nypost.com/2014/12/06/devils-need-a-nosedive/

Sounds like current owners directed the sell-off to cut expenses, which would suggest they are no longer expecting the cash infusion from Barroway. Wth is going on there?

This franchise won't be around much longer. They'll head elsewhere when that out-clause comes up in 18-19 (or is it 19-20)?

This franchise won't be around much longer. They'll head elsewhere when that out-clause comes up in 18-19 (or is it 19-20)?

Well that was a possibility even in the beginning, though... I can't see how that becoming more likely would put the kibosh on the ownership deal. Maybe he just figured it less likely he'll recoup his investment in a few years? They can't improve the team and draw more fans without money, though.

Edit: and if he's not prepared to lose money the first few years, he should've never considered investing in the Coyotes to begin with.

Edited by biodork

Well that was a possibility even in the beginning, though... I can't see how that becoming more likely would put the kibosh on the ownership deal. Maybe he just figured it less likely he'll recoup his investment in a few years? They can't improve the team and draw more fans without money, though.

Edit: and if he's not prepared to lose money the first few years, he should've never considered investing in the Coyotes to begin with.

Wasn't saying that the fact that they would be leaving had anything to do with the ownership deal failing. The ownership deal failing may actually make it less likely but I do think this team moves either way.

Wasn't saying that the fact that they would be leaving had anything to do with the ownership deal failing. The ownership deal failing may actually make it less likely but I do think this team moves either way.

No, I get it; I'm mostly wondering aloud as to why he'd be backing out now. AZ's tenuous situation isn't a new thing (as you pointed out), so what's changed? Is he just fickle?

Where they put the arena in PHX was a bad idea to begin with. I live here and can't make it to Glendale on a weeknight for a game because I have to go home and feed the dogs and head out to the arena. Just too damn far to travel to the west valley. The Yotes would have been better off with a downtown or Scottsdale location but that no longer matters. It is what it is.

I don't see the Yotes being here much longer. There is no fan base after the few thousand die hards.

No, I get it; I'm mostly wondering aloud as to why he'd be backing out now. AZ's tenuous situation isn't a new thing (as you pointed out), so what's changed? Is he just fickle?

I'm assuming there were specific details of the deal that he wanted but isn't getting. Maybe like being allowed to move the team whenever he wants.

Watching the Isles kick the snot out of the Blues. The Isles have a really good team this year. I'm impressed.. They are fantasy gold too.

My brothers a hard core Isles fan from the beginning so he got to enjoy the good years. I was teasing him this summer about us getting their pick in the draft and how we snowed Garth. He explained how they were going to have a breakout season and said don't underestimate Garth. Said he'd built a team that would contend. I laughed. Turns out he was right. They are playing great hockey.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.