Free Agent Frenzy 2014

Hoss

But when you run into a poster who is responding to your trade idea with another one, why not just suggest (or start) a new thread rather than jump on him for participating in your discussion? It takes the same amount of energy.

Again, none of his trade ideas were prompted by me. I responded to one of his with my own before pointing out that this isn't the place for the discussion... I also didn't jump on anybody. I pointed something out. Period. Just because you keep saying it doesn't make it true.

(The only reason I responded with my own idea is because I didn't really think about what thread I was in. Otherwise I wouldn't have mentioned one myself. It's not a big deal and there's no reason for you to make it one).

Anyways...

We may know more on Vanek soon: meeting with the Wild today (http://wp.me/p14QU5-9Nuf)

Edited by Tankalicious

Again, none of his trade ideas were prompted by me. I responded to one of his with my own before pointing out that this isn't the place for the discussion... I also didn't jump on anybody. I pointed something out. Period. Just because you keep saying it doesn't make it true.

Anyways...

We may know more on Vanek soon: meeting with the Wild today (http://wp.me/p14QU5-9Nuf)

You'd replied back to him 3 previous times and then called him out in your 4th response to him. When taking the broader view of the discussion, might there be a reason people are questioning the 'thread NAZI' routine?

Do people honestly think a team like Philly would give the Sabres their 1st round pick, just to get rid of a player they can trade?

And do people honestly think guys like Matt Moulson, Brooks Orpik, Steve Ott, Vinny Lecavlier and others of that ilk, would want to spend the remaining years of their career, in Buffalo, playing for a team who is rebuilding and wants/expects to lose a lot this year? If players who have spent their entire careers in Buffalo didn't want to stick around to be a part of this, why would others leave winning franchises, or give up better opportunities, to come here and lose for a year or two?

I'm not trying to be all doom and gloom, but I think all this talk is a little premature by exactly one year...I just don't get it?

Edited by Bob Malooga

Sure, but on ice product is what matters.

Definitely, but you could argue that the attitude difference was the biggest issue. Luongo may still be there if he isn't the type of guy that he is. I think Miller to Vancouver makes a world of sense.

So does Pittsburgh, Washington or San Jose, though.

Definitely, but you could argue that the attitude difference was the biggest issue. Luongo may still be there if he isn't the type of guy that he is. I think Miller to Vancouver makes a world of sense.

So does Pittsburgh, Washington or San Jose, though.

The team that just dumped their GM and Coach at the end of this season and finished 24th in the league? I thought Miller wanted to play for a contender

The team that just dumped their GM and Coach at the end of this season and finished 24th in the league? I thought Miller wanted to play for a contender

I think Miller will be happy, or should be happy, just to be a starter somewhere.

I think Miller will be happy, or should be happy, just to be a starter somewhere.

I think Sizzle has it. Miller's options are few and far between, and when the offers come in, he'll find that he left an enormous pile of TP's $$ on the table.

I thought Miller didn't want to go to ANY Canadian teams and now the rumors are Nucks and Flames.

There is a lot of filming of movies and tv shows in the Vancouver area, isn't there? That's a place I hear mentioned all the time. It may actually be a very good fit for his wife if she still thinks she has a shot in that world.

I think Sizzle has it. Miller's options are few and far between, and when the offers come in, he'll find that he left an enormous pile of TP's $$ on the table.

Actually, according to reports, Miller's suitors have been surprisingly large in number.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.