The Final Word: Describe the NHL 2013-2014 NHL Season in 1 Word

X. Benedict

Promising.

I'd like to go here too...especially after last night.

It seems to me, and probably everyone else, the Kings "blueprint," is the Sabres "#Blueprint." Big, strong, physical players up front...with a defense who can do everything, a stellar goalie...and a coach who knows how to use it all.

Bringing in players from organizations like this (Fasching, Deslauriers, Carrier from STL)...is a good start.

And having a GM who knows what he wants, how to get it and how to use/develop it...is the icing on the cake.

I wish my Father was still here so he could witness this rebuild with me...he would be ecstatic.

(Hopefully some day our "Regehr" is someone like Ryan Callahan, a player we bring in who has not yet won a cup and joins us to do so...and our "Gaborik" is someone like Patty Kane, that one added piece needed to put us over the top.)

*Now, I just need to figure out a role for Dustin Brown...and my Upstate, NY, trifecta is complete! Lol.

Edited by Bob Malooga

I'd like to go here too...especially after last night.

It seems to me, and probably everyone else, the Kings "blueprint," is the Sabres "#Blueprint." Big, strong, physical players up front...with a defense who can do everything, a stellar goalie...and a coach who knows how to use it all.

Bringing in players from organizations like this (Fasching, Deslauriers, Carrier from STL)...is a good start.

And having a GM who knows what he wants, how to get it and how to use/develop it...is the icing on the cake.

I wish my Father was still here so he could witness this rebuild with me...he would be ecstatic.

(Hopefully some day our "Regehr" is someone like Ryan Callahan, a player we bring in who has not yet won a cup and joins us to do so...and our "Gaborik" is someone like Patty Kane, that one added piece needed to put us over the top.)

*Now, I just need to figure out a role for Dustin Brown...and my Upstate, NY, trifecta is complete! Lol.

That's a wee bit over a word.

Proud!

The Sabres season aside, as an NHL fan this season produced some great hockey and the switch in playoff seeding was a home run. The playoffs were exactly what you want. Exciting games, solid match-ups and some great individual performances. Hats off to those that predicted Justin Williams would win the Conn Smythe and Alec Martinez would score the Conference and Cup winners in OT.

Edited by DeLuca1967

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.