2014 Stanley Cup Finals - NY Rangers vs. LA Kings

X. Benedict

The Kings are a kick ass team, don't get me wrong. I just don't wanna see poor officiating change the outcome of the game and the series. If the Kings are going to win, let them win on their own merits, not because officials need eye exams.

Even if, someday, if the Sabres are in the playoffs, and a Sabres player did the exact same thing that King did to Lundqvist, and a goal resulted, I would still say the goal should be waived off. I wouldn't want to see the Sabres benefiting from poor officiating any more than any other team.

I think the correct call was to waive off the goal with no penalty. But I really don't think that cost the Rangers the game.

I think the correct call was to waive off the goal with no penalty. But I really don't think that cost the Rangers the game.

Fair enough! Who knows what would have happened? Maybe waiving off the goal would have really fired up the Kings and they win in regulation.

On a different subject, how many playoff games now have the Kings been in, where the other team scores first, or even twice, and the Kings come back to win from 2-0 or 1-0 deficits?

Getting behind 2-0 seems to mean nothing to them.

That one is about as gray will ever get. I think they made the right call, but wouldn't have been screaming if it went the other way either.

Fair enough! Who knows what would have happened? Maybe waiving off the goal would have really fired up the Kings and they win in regulation.

On a different subject, how many playoff games now have the Kings been in, where the other team scores first, or even twice, and the Kings come back to win from 2-0 or 1-0 deficits?

Getting behind 2-0 seems to mean nothing to them.

IIRC, it's 4 out of 6 wins after being down 2-0 in a game.

Wow, that's an impressive stat. We could almost say the Kings are at an advantage if the opponent scores first - the opponent wears out, and then the Kings come on strong in the last 30 minutes or so of the game.

Now, I had Center Ice for the last 5 weeks of the regular season, and I saw the Kings play in a few games - they didn't seem that impressive to me. They've REALLY turned it up in the post-season.

Wow, that's an impressive stat. We could almost say the Kings are at an advantage if the opponent scores first - the opponent wears out, and then the Kings come on strong in the last 30 minutes or so of the game.

Now, I had Center Ice for the last 5 weeks of the regular season, and I saw the Kings play in a few games - they didn't seem that impressive to me. They've REALLY turned it up in the post-season.

My bad, it's only 4 out of 7, but in the semis and finals it's 4 out of 5. And the 1 loss was in 2OT.

Edited by Taro T

My God they have this @$$hole pierre McGuire on the ice trying to tell the Rangers coaching staff how to play defense...Again can someone please tell me who is this @$$hole and why is he on a national telecast with any credibility?

Karma is indeed, a b!tch!!

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/pierre-mcguire-thought-penguins-gm-job-was-his-184235346.html

To think we were so close to no longer hearing McGuire as commentator !!!

Why aren't the Rangers fans cheering their team on to victory here? Isn't that how it's supposed to work?

No, only Buffalo fans are at fault when disaster is at hand.

NY trying hard to "capture the magic" they had against Montreal.

"Boys, we gotta do something about their goalie...that guy is getting in our way..."

This really needs to be addressed.

NY trying hard to "capture the magic" they had against Montreal.

"Boys, we gotta do something about their goalie...that guy is getting in our way..."

Was I the only one that when hearing Keith Jones say that Kreider has to play 'braver' (iirc) what he really meant was he needed to run Quick?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.