2014 Stanley Cup Finals - NY Rangers vs. LA Kings

X. Benedict

I don't know if I can handle yet another fricking OT period this year.

I am trying to keep the lids up. I know tomorrow's Sunday, but I'm still tired (and I have to be somewhere by 10 for a volunteer thing). I don't know that I'm going to see 2OT.

Yeah. Getting out to a 2-0 lead against the Kings in the 1st is almost the kiss of death. I think they've won every playoff game that's happened in.

Wow, didn't intend to jinx the Rangers - who woulda thunk it could happen again????

The LA forwards had no possession during the first two periods. It seemed lopsided until the third.

It's been like that through both games, and the kings can't keep doing that, eventually they will dig a hole too deep to come out of, in OT the rags had the better of the chances I thought too, but who cares, go Kings!!!

On a side note, the kings are the first team in history to be down by 2, 3 playoff game in a row and come back to win, just keep building that resiliency resume

The LA forwards had no possession during the first two periods. It seemed lopsided until the third.

The third and overtime though....

Just to be clear though, when they have the puck they get it to the scoring areas.

We don't see that in Buffalo much.

Edited by X. Benedict

The third and overtime though....

Just to be clear though, when they have the puck they get it to the scoring areas.

We don't see that in Buffalo much.

There's a scoring area now? I thought there was just a defensive zone.

There's a scoring area now? I thought there was just a defensive zone.

What I consider high scoring areas is the slot between the circles and the area below towards the net.

LA works hard to get pucks to the slot and the crease and just pounds it.

Most of NY shots are from inside and outside the circles.

Shot chart:

http://scores.espn.go.com/nhl/gamecast?gameId=400560755

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.