Official 2015 NHL Draft Thread

LGR4GM

Just realized that I will be at a wedding the night of the draft. Thanks for smartphones and lots of places to wander while checking for updates. :ph34r:

My family decided that weekend was a good time to finally act like a family and get together... So I'll actually try the crazy and go off the grid for two days while recording the draft. Then I'll return home and zoom through it.

what is the date and time of the draft ?

What time do doors open for the 2015 NHL Draft?

Doors open at 4pm for Day 1 (June 26) and 8am for Day 2. 

Day 1 (Round 1) runs from 7 p.m. - 10:30 p.m. and Day 2 (Rounds 2-7) runs from 10 a.m.- 3 p.m.

We recommend arriving early as most tickets are general admission and will be first-come, first-serve for seat availability. A ticket does not guarantee entrance.

What time do doors open for the 2015 NHL Draft?

Doors open at 4pm for Day 1 (June 26) and 8am for Day 2. 

Day 1 (Round 1) runs from 7 p.m. - 10:30 p.m. and Day 2 (Rounds 2-7) runs from 10 a.m.- 3 p.m.

We recommend arriving early as most tickets are general admission and will be first-come, first-serve for seat availability. A ticket does not guarantee entrance.

Thankyou.

The interesting areas for the draft are #21, #31, the ROR rumors that will swirl and the KHL offer for Grigorenko.  Not necessarily that it will devalue our stock, but it still helps or hurts the assets available for a trade with Buffalo.  I am pretty much all in on one of Samsonov (if he gets by #16), Zboril, Boeser, Bittner, Sprong, White, Ek Eriksson, or Larsson at the pick.  It all depends on what happens. :)

I don't think you guys will be believe who I have the Sabres taking at #21... feel free to guess though. Should be done either late today or sometime tomorrow with this thing... it will be post 15,000.

It's a mock draft. Some, including myself, would like to see some more analysis around here and will appreciate the analysis you provide, but we all recognize its a mock draft. There plenty of those and they're all educated guesses.

It's a mock draft. Some, including myself, would like to see some more analysis around here and will appreciate the analysis you provide, but we all recognize its a mock draft. There plenty of those and they're all educated guesses.

You are missing the point. 15K!!! 

halfway to 30K 

So, the consensus is there is no f'n way that Edm doesn't take McDavid. The consensus is also that Eichel will be better than McDavid at first, then Mcdavid will surpass him (probably right around the time his ELC is running out). I'm pretty sure that the consensus is also that McDavid isn't that thrilled about going to Edm.

With all the other high picks that they already have and will have to pay, might they have a timetable where they feel like they have to win sooner and think Eichel is a better option for them? I know everyone has said that is a ridiculous idea, but I kinda think it's a possibility.

Why am I wrong?

It's not a possibility. Eichel being better initially also isn't a consensus. A select few have wondered that out loud, but the expectation is that both will excel immediately but McDavid is, was and will be better.