2014 - 2015 Sabres Prospects

Johnny DangerFace

Team that drafts them owns their rights until 30 days after they leave college. After that they can force their way to unrestricted free agency. That's why Justin Schultz is with the Oilers.

Schultz was a special case based on a specific set of criteria. He left school early, but it had already been 4 years after being drafted. Basically, when a college player is drafted, the team retains their rights as long as they are in college. If they leave early, they still hold onto their rights until they are 4 years removed from being drafted (unless they were 20 when drafted, then the team only gets 2 years). All scenarios that lead to the player being a free agent are tied into when the player leaves school.

There is one scenario actually where a team can essential give up the rights of the player. I can't say I've ever seen this happen though.

Schultz was a special case based on a specific set of criteria. He left school early, but it had already been 4 years after being drafted. Basically, when a college player is drafted, the team retains their rights as long as they are in college. If they leave early, they still hold onto their rights until they are 4 years removed from being drafted (unless they were 20 when drafted, then the team only gets 2 years). All scenarios that lead to the player being a free agent are tied into when the player leaves school.

There is one scenario actually where a team can essential give up the rights of the player. I can't say I've ever seen this happen though.

Yea, by "leave college" I meant graduate/finish four seasons. My bad. So if they leave early there's still a four-year timeframe for them.

I'm going to disagree and if I had to guess on those I'd say Pysyk is with the Sabres and Grigo traded.

I think all 3 are in next years starting lineup. We have plenty of other guys we can get rid of if we are worried about waivers. Pysyk > Benoit/Weber/Mez etc.,etc. Grigs/Larsson > Ellis/Mitchell/McCormick/Flynn, etc. etc.,

I think all 3 are in next years starting lineup. We have plenty of other guys we can get rid of if we are worried about waivers. Pysyk > Benoit/Weber/Mez etc.,etc. Grigs/Larsson > Ellis/Mitchell/McCormick/Flynn, etc. etc.,

Returns not waivers.

Returns not waivers.

What I am saying is because all 3 will need to clear waivers to go to the AHL they will all make the team. Why waive Larsson when you have plenty of other stiffs to waive instead. Of course they may get traded but it would be part of a bigger deal. Having to clear waivers or not will not factor into any decision Murray makes.

I'm going to disagree and if I had to guess on those I'd say Pysyk is with the Sabres and Grigo traded.

I really hope they give Grigo another full year or two to see if he can put it together.  Outside of Reinhart & Armia he probably is the most naturally talented player in the organization.  After a rough start it appears that he may have figured it out and is starting show signs of being a decent player.  I'd really like to see what he could do with a couple of wingers that can score.  Maybe two of Ennis, Armia and Moulson at various times.

I really hope they give Grigo another full year or two to see if he can put it together.  Outside of Reinhart & Armia he probably is the most naturally talented player in the organization.  After a rough start it appears that he may have figured it out and is starting show signs of being a decent player.  I'd really like to see what he could do with a couple of wingers that can score.  Maybe two of Ennis, Armia and Moulson at various times.

Grigorenko has to clear waivers after this season to be assigned to Rochester.

What I am saying is because all 3 will need to clear waivers to go to the AHL they will all make the team. Why waive Larsson when you have plenty of other stiffs to waive instead. Of course they may get traded but it would be part of a bigger deal. Having to clear waivers or not will not factor into any decision Murray makes.

Your last sentence directly contradicts your first sentence.

Moments after jawing with the goalie, Brendan Lemieux one-times a saucer pass high-glove side for his 33rd goal of the year. Love this kid.

This franchise needs him to turn into a productive player with that type of tenacity and hard-nosed style. Yes please.

Moments after jawing with the goalie, Brendan Lemieux one-times a saucer pass high-glove side for his 33rd goal of the year. Love this kid.

This franchise needs him to turn into a productive player with that type of tenacity and hard-nosed style. Yes please.

Might look good on McEichel's wing

Your last sentence directly contradicts your first sentence.

Kind of confusing I guess. In an earlier post someone mentioned that Larsson could get waived. I was in a round about way saying that with Grigs, Larsson, and Pysyk that waivers will not factor into the equation. With all the slugs on this roster none of those 3 are at risk to get waived.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.