Off Topic - What Lucic Told Weise

LGR4GM

Look around the league. The idea of picking one guy and building around that player is dead and gone. You amass talent classless a-holes. Lucic is a talent douchebag unlike any other in the league right now and he is only 25.

The Sabres. DeLuca can have his cake and eat it too!

cant happen. Lucic will cease being a game changing force of god that protects the virtue of women and instantly become a simple goon that has no right to be in this league and damages the integrity of the sabres with his presence on the roster

I advocate adding Lucic to a forward ranks that will include Taylor Hall, Jordan Eberle and David Perron. The Oilers become a team that others will need take notice of. Part of building a team is maximizing assets. Yakupov and Nugent-Hopkins will never bring to the Oilers what Lucic can.

You end up with a stronger more effective core.

Taking nothing away from Lucic - but Lucic really plays in a system that is perfect for him. .

Boston really has the personnel for Julian's box in one d coverage and traps.

Lucic thrives inside that system because it really limits his role in the D zone.

Outside of a team not committed to that system, Lucic could become a liability.

Minus similar personnel - such as Bergeron, Kreiji, Chara etc. I'm not so sure Lucic is so valuable outside that ecosystem.

Boston really is a great team in the sense that everyone is committed to their roles.

Lucic would be a fun player to have, but I don't see him thriving in just any system.

Would I trade a top 5 pick for Lucic? Not if I had the opportunity to draft a Mckinnon, a Landeskog,

Would I trade Yakupov? Yeah, probably.

I'd trade the Sabres #1 pick this year and next for Lucic. I doubt the Bruins would take it though.

I advocate adding Lucic to a forward ranks that will include Taylor Hall, Jordan Eberle and David Perron. The Oilers become a team that others will need take notice of. Part of building a team is maximizing assets. Yakupov and Nugent-Hopkins will never bring to the Oilers what Lucic can.

You end up with a stronger more effective core.

The difference between these two ideas is, Edmonton already has the skilled players that make sense to supplement with what Lucic brings. Buffalo does not. Lucic is a supporting cast member, not a guy you build around. We've already tried putting supporting guys in build around roles.

Also, If you trade our 1st this year and our 1st next year for Lucic you end up building a team the way Darcy did, from wing in instead of center out. We've already seen how that works out. Buffalo needs to collect high end skill, preferably at the center position first, before even considering adding supplemental guys like Lucic.

I'd trade the Sabres #1 pick this year and next for Lucic. I doubt the Bruins would take it though.

Monster/25-30 goal scorer, what's there to like? :doh:

Look around the league. The idea of picking one guy and building around that player is dead and gone. You amass talent. Lucic is a talent unlike any other in the league right now and he is only 25.

By securing one the most effective and unique talents in the NHL today.

I wouldn't be. 2 for 1 can be a great deal depending on the one. You don't think the Oilers would give up Nugent-Hopkins and Yakupov (two #1 overall picks) for Lucic?

I'm sorry but really? You'd trade the 2nd overall pick in this draft plus a bottom 5 selection in next years draft for a 60pt 25g goal scorer? Also Bennett/Reinhart and most likely Jack Eichel are not Yakupov or RNH. You know what you deserve this,

http://youtu.be/5hfYJsQAhl0

Edited by LGR4GM

Good write-up on Lucic's nonsense in the TO paper.

No need for anyone to rise to that jagoff's defense. You can hate to lose all you want, but that does not excuse your failure to have respect for a time-honored tradition. And if you're not in a place where you can honor it, then just skip it. If you instead make the incredibly self-centered choice to participate and then proceed to tarnish that tradition, then, seriously, please go fukc yourself forever. And, by all means, stay off my favorite team while you're at it.

http://www.torontosu...ines-civil-guys

Edited by That Aud Smell

on the other hand here's Briere, a good guy well respected in the league mic'ed up during the handshake,

http://video.canadie...=618275&lang=en

Funny enough, Lucic was one of very few that Briere didn't say a word to. He was the end of the line though, so I'd imagine Lucic just wanted out at that point and kept some distance from everyone.

Loved him giving Paille a man hug. :cry:

You can tell the vets appreciate it more.

I always liked to watch guys like Mike Greer go through the line. They take their time.

It seemed in the 70's and 80's in the Adams the line could last minutes.

Lucic: "I'm not the first guy to do it, I'm not the last guy to do it, and I'm not sorry for it."

There you are kids.

I wouldn't want mine looking up to this one. (And that's without pretending that Weise is any angel. )

Edited by X. Benedict

You can tell the vets appreciate it more.

I always liked to watch guys like Mike Greer go through the line. They take their time.

It seemed in the 70's and 80's in the Adams the line could last minutes.

There you are kids.

I wouldn't want mine looking up to this one. (And that's without pretending that Weise is any angel. )

Amen.

When it's over...it's over. A guy like Steve Ott probably says some unthinkable things during a series, but he'd probably be one of the first to hug it out and offer encouragement after it is done. Lucic could have even said what he said, but with a grin....and it would have been ok. "Good luck, but I hope you know I'm going to F'n kill you next season....." He's just a lughead.

Good write-up on Lucic's nonsense in the TO paper.

No need for anyone to rise to that jagoff's defense. You can hate to lose all you want, but that does not excuse your failure to have respect for a time-honored tradition. And if you're not in a place where you can honor it, then just skip it. If you instead make the incredibly self-centered choice to participate and then proceed to tarnish that tradition, then, seriously, please go fukc yourself forever. And, by all means, stay off my favorite team while you're at it.

http://www.torontosu...ines-civil-guys

Agreed.

Lucic: "I'm not the first guy to do it, I'm not the last guy to do it, and I'm not sorry for it."

Agree with that, too. But it doesn't make it right.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.