Off Topic - What Lucic Told Weise

LGR4GM

I think the simplest point being overlooked here is the discussion of what a complete player is. Lucic does not play all phases of the game. The player(s) we should draft in the next two years have that potential.

To further the point, they are also cost controlled. This is what makes this idea even more ludicrous. Nathan MacKinnon makes 1/6 of what Lucic makes today, and Lucic is up for a new contract at the end of 2015-2016 if capgeek is correct. And in line for a raise that he will almost certainly not live up to when he becomes a UFA. And bolts town after putting in two years without truly contending. This is the type of deal that should get a GM fired on the spot.

Any deal of this magnitude would have to include some type of extension for the player. I would think most would rather see the Sabres make a financial investment in a player like Lucic more so than another smaller soft forward as they have in the past. Lucic at $6-7 million a year is a far greater value than a Hodgson type player at $4.25 mil a year. Lucic brings with him a strong identity which I would love to see become a part of the overall team identity. A top six forward ranks consisting of Lucic, Girgenson, Foligno along with the right mix of "skilled" forwards would be a pretty solid mix. Any "smaller" forwards would find themselves with a lot more room on the ice.

Any deal of this magnitude would have to include some type of extension for the player. I would think most would rather see the Sabres make a financial investment in a player like Lucic more so than another smaller soft forward as they have in the past. Lucic at $6-7 million a year is a far greater value than a Hodgson type player at $4.25 mil a year. Lucic brings with him a strong identity which I would love to see become a part of the overall team identity. A top six forward ranks consisting of Lucic, Girgenson, Foligno along with the right mix of "skilled" forwards would be a pretty solid mix. Any "smaller" forwards would find themselves with a lot more room on the ice.

I think Foligno and Girgensons plus Ennis would be the extent of our "skill" guys if we made your proposed deal. So would you rather have:

Girgensons-Ennis-Lucic

Stafford-Hodgson-Foligno

Or

Girgensons-Bennett-Hodgson

Foligno-Eichel-NYI pick next year

I think Foligno and Girgensons plus Ennis would be the extent of our "skill" guys if we made your proposed deal. So would you rather have:

Girgensons-Ennis-Lucic

Stafford-Hodgson-Foligno

Or

I want option 2 because I think option 1 is one of the worst ideas ever proposed on this board. Bennett, Reinhart, Eichel none of them are soft smallish forwards, none of them.

Girgensons-Ennis-Lucic

Stafford-Hodgson-Foligno

Or

Why would the options be so limited? Trading away the #1 picks doesn't make all the other picks and assets disappear. The Sabres will still have two #1's to make deals with. 1 likely a lottery pick.

Edited by deluca67

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.