Off Topic - What Lucic Told Weise

LGR4GM

I think that is just a heat of the moment retaliation for that cross check across the wrists.

WHAAAAAAAAA????????????????

I love how DeLuca has instantly been proven correct.

I lost a lot of respect for Lucic for his handshake antics.....but the 1 guy on the team that many have said is an untouchable, just went full Lucic...has pretty much the same body and skillset.....and wears female prostitute clothing on multiple occasions......

Yea that was pretty dirty on Girgs' end. But it's still less egregious than Lucic's. His was calculated and not in the "heat of the moment" whatsoever. Same with the handshake ######.

I'm disappointed that Girgs would go there, but it's still a notch below Lucic.

Folks....Girgensons IS Lucic.....that's why you love him.

Kaleta is a no talent hack who slew foots, hits guys from behind, turtles....etc....that's why he was run out of the league.

Lucic is a lunkhead who can be a hothead DB.

If you gave Girgensons a skill test, an IQ test, and a Psych test.....it is probably bang on to Lucic in all 3.

I lost a lot of respect for Lucic for his handshake antics.....but the 1 guy on the team that many have said is an untouchable, just went full Lucic...has pretty much the same body and skillset.....and wears female prostitute clothing on multiple occasions......

female prostitute clothing?

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaa?

Not saying it was clean, but it wasn't premeditated. He just got it over the hands on the same draw.

Very different from chopping hacking the vas deferense from behind the play on a different shift.

Disagree?

(remember, I'm not the one saying Lucic isn't valuable. I just don't think he's the second coming.)

Edited by X. Benedict

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaa?

Not saying it was clean, but it wasn't premeditated. He just got it over the hands on the same draw.

Very different from chopping hacking the vas deferense from behind the play on a different shift.

Disagree?

(remember, I'm not the one saying Lucic isn't valuable. I just don't think he's the second coming.)

It was a regular faceoff....

I can't even see what you said happened.....

Oh well. I am not defending Lucic. I am saying it's suddenly not so egregious behavior when it is one of your favorites....

Oh well. I am not defending Lucic. I am saying it's suddenly not so egregious behavior when it is one of your favorites....

If you can't see the difference between taking five strides and placing your stick between somebody's legs and then sterilizing them vs raising your stick that incidentally ended up between the opposing player's legs immediately after a face off/back-and-forth jabbing then seek help immediately.

If you can't see the difference between taking five strides and placing your stick between somebody's legs and then sterilizing them vs raising your stick that incidentally ended up between the opposing player's legs immediately after a face off/back-and-forth jabbing then seek help immediately.

Maybe the fact Gus's country is a few weeks from getting invaded by Russia had something to do with it?

Anyway....they are pretty close to one in the same as players....there will be more...you'll see.

Girgensons hasn't even come close to dropping the gloves in the NHL yet either....which is why there is no way he gets a letter yet.

Are you listening to yourself? You think Jonathan Toews has less of an impact than Lucic? Because that is the level of player you draft this year and most assuredly next year.

Oh and BTW Sam Reinhart and Sam Bennett will both have more of an impact than Lucic. If you draft Eichel next year he will have more of an impact. Nikita Zadorov and Rasmus Ristolainen will have more of an impact. Milan Lucic is good. He's 6'4" 230lbs. You know how you neutralize that size? You tell 6'5" 235lb Zadorov to run him over. Outside of his size he is an average 2nd liner. There are a ton of other players in the league better at LW than Milan Lucic.

Are you listening to yourself? Not every player drafted at the top of the draft becomes Jonathan Toews.

Folks....Girgensons IS Lucic.....that's why you love him.

Kaleta is a no talent hack who slew foots, hits guys from behind, turtles....etc....that's why he was run out of the league.

Lucic is a lunkhead who can be a hothead DB.

If you gave Girgensons a skill test, an IQ test, and a Psych test.....it is probably bang on to Lucic in all 3.

If Girgensons can become a Lucic type player that would be fantastic. I would love to see Girgensons pull a few more stunts like that. It's a great example of the John Scott argument. I have no problem with any Sabre potential top 6 forward showing a dark side. I wish Marcus Foligno would show it and the two monster blueliners the Sabres just drafted as well.

There's no point in drafting size if the player isn't going to use it to it's max potential.

On the dot, the Russian gave a cross-check downward chuck over the back of Zemgus's wrists. At least that's what I saw.

FWIW - Briere was much dirtier with his stick in Sabres uniform.

Girgenson's play to date has been physical yet clean. 14 penalty minutes for this entire year. That's less than one night when Lucic loses his cool. Both guys are eager to play the body, but that's where the similarities disappear. Zemgus plays hard between the whistles and I have seen zero nonsense after them. Lucic's intimidation is probably due in a large part to the carrying on he does during stoppages in play. (Usually against physical mismatches that he selects).

There is a reason why people see Zemgus as a future captain and Lucic will never fill that role.

As for the recent spearing epidemic, the Lucic ones drive home the point I'm making. An undisciplined hothead is the only one who will skate multiple strides from behind to do the deed.

On the dot, the Russian gave a cross-check downward chuck over the back of Zemgus's wrists. At least that's what I saw.

I initially noticed the headbutt to his face, but the more I see it, that probably just caught visor. So you're probably right on the crosscheck.

Are you listening to yourself? Not every player drafted at the top of the draft becomes Jonathan Toews.

Are you listening to yourself? You want to trade away not one but 2 top line centers. MIlan Lucic, good player but he works in Boston because of Bergeron and Krecji. 2 top five picks for a 2nd line winger is stupid.

Are you listening to yourself? You want to trade away not one but 2 top line centers. MIlan Lucic, good player but he works in Boston because of Bergeron and Krecji. 2 top five picks for a 2nd line winger is stupid.

There's no guarantee the Sabres are going to get "2 top line centers" with those picks. There is nothing "stupid" about trading for a known commodity, especially when that player is a dominant and young as Lucic is. This is a franchise changing move.

There's no guarantee the Sabres are going to get "2 top line centers" with those picks. There is nothing "stupid" about trading for a known commodity, especially when that player is a dominant and young as Lucic is. This is a franchise changing move.

I disagree. A franchise changing move is drafting 2nd overall. I understand Lucic is a known commodity but Sam Reinhart and Sam Bennett have much more upside.

It is stupid when you're highly overpaying for that known commodity... It would be a franchise-changing move in the sense that it would eliminate hope for a lot of people. This franchise has plenty of players who will play supporting roles similar to Lucic in a few years. It needs that elite talent that Lucic won't provide but these next two picks have a good chance of providing.

It would be the worst move in franchise history.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.