Off Topic - What Lucic Told Weise

LGR4GM

Lucic might be a punk just like Marchand, and have no respect for anyone...but I don't think he's a fraudulent tough guy. Stewart can say all he wants that Lucic deserves to get his, but he hasn't, and I think there's a reason for that.

Because anyone who tries to give it to him will get a lifetime ban?

I have some friends who are die-hard Bruins fans and they've pretty much given up defending him. The spearing incidents this year were really a catalyst.

Same here, the ones I know can't stand them, and would probably have an ###### if they got ONE of our 1sts for him, let alone this year's and next year's.

What's being ignored here.

I think the most likely thing is that Weise, who can be an agitator himself, got to Lucic.

Whatever Weise was doing got under Lucic's skin. And now the guy will be in Lucic's head well past golf season.

Weise did his job. Uncool of Lucic to say what he did especially in that context - but Weise who I think got suspended for a pretty brutal elbow to Nugent-hopkins as a Canuck, probably was chirping Lucic all series. Lucic can't respond because the Montreal power play was really good.

Weise for the win.

What's being ignored here.

I think the most likely thing is that Weise, who can be an agitator himself, got to Lucic.

Whatever Weise was doing got under Lucic's skin. And now the guy will be in Lucic's head well past golf season.

Weise did his job. Uncool of Lucic to say what he did especially in that context - but Weise who I think got suspended for a pretty brutal elbow to Nugent-hopkins as a Canuck, probably was chirping Lucic all series. Lucic can't respond because the Montreal power play was really good.

Weise for the win.

Like I said before. Looch is easily neutralized. His concept is a facade.

I think only the hometown fans can defend a guy who spears people in the vitals from behind, backs away from larger combatants and hides behind the "I'm a 30 goal scorer, I don't have to fight goons" line while then calling others "chicken". It's really fascinating when you think about it.

Supposedly he is a really smart guy off the ice - imagine how good he could be if his maturity level reached about age 18?

As for trading two top 5 picks for him, a player with his style of play, age 25 is getting up there when you think about the physical pounding. Does anyone think a 30 year old Lucic will be a point producer?

The difference between these two ideas is, Edmonton already has the skilled players that make sense to supplement with what Lucic brings. Buffalo does not. Lucic is a supporting cast member, not a guy you build around. We've already tried putting supporting guys in build around roles.

Also, If you trade our 1st this year and our 1st next year for Lucic you end up building a team the way Darcy did, from wing in instead of center out. We've already seen how that works out. Buffalo needs to collect high end skill, preferably at the center position first, before even considering adding supplemental guys like Lucic.

Again, the idea of "building around" a player is a fallacy. You build "with" players not "around" players. Lucic is a big part of a team that has won a Cup, played in another finals and has become a perennial Stanley Cup contender. Lucic is a unique talent I would love to see in a Sabres uniform.

I would not. What he brings can be assembled from another player or a small combination of other players, sans horseshit.

Thanks for the input Darcy, we've seen this exact plan fail for decades now. It's time to get aggressive and try something different.

Lucic might be a punk just like Marchand, and have no respect for anyone...but I don't think he's a fraudulent tough guy. Stewart can say all he wants that Lucic deserves to get his, but he hasn't, and I think there's a reason for that.

It's funny how suddenly Paul Stewart's opinion is one to be respected. Any more third rate former officials have blogs that people want to post. There is a reason he is on Hockey Buzz.

Deluca has to be the most likeable troll I have ever seen, he is the only troll I know of that I actually like reading. His sarcastic sense of humor always brightens my mood even when I am absolutely pissed off, and his contrarian writing style definitely keeps it interesting :flirt:

He was sadly mostly spot on about Darcy, however...

Thanks. There are about a dozen other things that can be added to that list.

Chicago was fortunate to land two of the very best forwards in the game which affords them to play a different style. You can't plan on any picks becoming the very elite of the NHL. You can identify a path and build accordingly. The Bruins model is style that would go over very well in Buffalo. It fits the city and the fan base. It can also be very successful if done correctly.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.