Second Round Playoff Thread

Eleven

I want to echo the Subban praise.

His growth shows how kids can grow up and get better.

He's really become a man this year.

Lucic on the other hand...

I hope this is where the worm turns and the general hockey public stops deifying and instead recognizes him for the punk he is.

He was a force of nature in that Boston series. He's now firmly in the top echelon of NHL defensemen with Chara, Doughty, Weber, etc.

If professional athletes can get suspended for throat slash genstures, I think it is reasonable to feel that athletes that talk about ###### killing other athletes deserve suspensions as well. totally over the line.

That Montreal win was certainly a fun game! Price is a really likable player.

(On another bright note, who else had a Montreal Rangers eastern final?)

Taking a look at the sabrespace group for the NHL Bracket Challenge..... it looks like me, Taro's Terrors, Tankalicious, and dudacek are the only four with both MTL and NYR.

Taro and I are the only ones that are 3 for 3 this round. Both of us have Anaheim winning the last of the conference semi's. I just have to go ahead and brag about being atop the leaderboard now while I can :)

what was said between players should remain between them. Not sure why Montreal players found it necessary to call out Lucic. In my view there is a code and its the Montreal players who broke it. Guys play a white hot competition, calling each other names fighting, do whatever they can to win, for some their is a clear hate developed.

I don't believe for one moment if Lucic was Sabre and did something similar to Leaf players would he be viewed as a bad guy but a passionate, competitive hero. League trying to develop rivalries, because of the excitement they generate, the passion , and yes the hate, far out of it to call out Lucic, this on Montreal for not keeping this amongst the players.

what was said between players should remain between them. Not sure why Montreal players found it necessary to call out Lucic. In my view there is a code and its the Montreal players who broke it. Guys play a white hot competition, calling each other names fighting, do whatever they can to win, for some their is a clear hate developed.

I don't believe for one moment if Lucic was Sabre and did something similar to Leaf players would he be viewed as a bad guy but a passionate, competitive hero. League trying to develop rivalries, because of the excitement they generate, the passion , and yes the hate, far out of it to call out Lucic, this on Montreal for not keeping this amongst the players.

Threatening guys in the handshake line is bush league for eight year olds. For professionals it's shameful. Montreal broke the code? Yeah ok.

So what you're saying is that Lucic said that in the handshake line because he wants to do whatever he can to win? Lucic is slower than I thought.

Like hell - You leave it on the ice.

If you truely loathe someone, you pull a Brodeur and don't shake hands. Simple.

not to argue but will defer to both Dennis Potvin and Brad May, both saying much what my comments were.

I'm not argueing the hate amongst certain players, I'm argueing how to express that hate.

It belongs on the ice, running your mouth in a handshake line is just foolish, and an embarrasment to both the player and the team.

The fact is, Lucic is probably the last player who should be running his mouth against anyone, period.

That guy and his band of goons gets away with so much crap, I would expect someone to two-hand him or Marchand during warmups some day.

If anyone should be running their mouths in a handshake line, it should be *at* Lucic.

Lucic took the bait.

All he needed to say in the presser afterwords was. "That stays on the ice. I'd like to congratulate the Montreal Canadiens on their win."

The fact is, Lucic is probably the last player who should be running his mouth against anyone, period.

That guy and his band of goons gets away with so much crap, I would expect someone to two-hand him or Marchand during warmups some day.

If anyone should be running their mouths in a handshake line, it should be *at* Lucic.

i am thinking you get the hate part given the "two hand" in warmups. Lucic did it during the games and in the end to their faces. What is interesting is given the nature of the game who is to say at some point these players will become team mates. Thing is with tough guys such as Lucic the time comes when they don't answer the bell as quickly as the used to, their team will trade them off to another they playing a few years longer being the foils of the next generation of tough guys.

Edited by millbank

I'm not entirely sure how the whole thing played out, but I don't get the impression that the players called out Lucic. His antics were caught on camera and I highly doubt that the Habs quickly turned and ran to the press. They were asked the questions and they eventually gave an answer. I think it's a safe bet that Lucic said a bit more than what has been reported. "I'm going to F'n kill you" isn't exactly any kind of earth-shattering statement that needs to be kept quiet for the sake of the game. If that is actually what he said, it's not only classless but also just plain stupid.

I'd be curious as to how the exact quote came out. At first the stories seemed to say that Montreal didn't want to waste their time on it, but then later there's a quote. How did we get from point A to point B?

I'm not entirely sure how the whole thing played out, but I don't get the impression that the players called out Lucic. His antics were caught on camera and I highly doubt that the Habs quickly turned and ran to the press. They were asked the questions and they eventually gave an answer. I think it's a safe bet that Lucic said a bit more than what has been reported. "I'm going to F'n kill you" isn't exactly any kind of earth-shattering statement that needs to be kept quiet for the sake of the game. If that is actually what he said, it's not only classless but also just plain stupid.

I'd be curious as to how the exact quote came out. At first the stories seemed to say that Montreal didn't want to waste their time on it, but then later there's a quote. How did we get from point A to point B?

quote seems to comes from tsn.ca hockey talking head. Players did not state what was said, only that Lucic had threatened them. Shame really this took away from what was a tremendous effort by Montreal , the team and the city in how they supported their team. Far to much made of issue imo. Do think the issue of hate, lack of respect a very real one though.

quote seems to comes from tsn.ca hockey talking head. Players did not state what was said, only that Lucic had threatened them. Shame really this took away from what was a tremendous effort by Montreal , the team and the city in how they supported their team. Far to much made of issue imo. Do think the issue of hate, lack of respect a very real one though.

And that lack of respect is something that Lucic has shown constant signs of throughout his career. I've said it for a while now that he has no respect for the game or for other players and moments like last night just go and prove it. The game needs less guys like that.

And that lack of respect is something that Lucic has shown constant signs of throughout his career. I've said it for a while now that he has no respect for the game or for other players and moments like last night just go and prove it. The game needs less guys like that.

:o National Oranization of Men Against Amazonian Masterhood :lol: ( i like this )

That's why I hate that whole "You'd love him if he was on your team!" crap that sports fans say.

No. No I wouldn't.

There are a few players I am there on. I said it about Mike Richards and people said I would change my mind. No way I would want any of those putzes on the Sabres.

Beautiful. What a slime. That should be suspendable. In fact, they should do it just so he has prior history for the next time.

No way. Lucic clearly made a fool of himself in the line and the media brought it up. Done. Asked what was said, they said the type of thing but not what was said. If Lucic acts with class none of this happens. It's squarely on Lucic.

If Lucic was a Sabre and did something like that I would take up funding for a billboard to ask the Sabres to buy him out.

Where's the line? I'm going to ###### kill you? I'm going to rape your wife and kid?

Razor pretty much said it was OK on WGR today too. Then he also said that he could not recall any instance of it that he experienced personally. So, I guess in some circles it is OK but noone really can come up with an instance where someone has gone full douchebag in the handshake line before Looch.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.