GDT: New York Islanders at Buffalo 4-13-14 at 5:00 PM EDT

26CornerBlitz

logo.png

GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

184718894_slide.jpg

GAME #82: NYI (33-37-11) at BUF (21-51-9) – SUN APR 13 – 5:00 PM EDT – MSG-B, BELL TVWGR-550

BUFFALO SABRES BuffaloSabresSmiley-1.png

Final Lineup

82 Marcus Foligno – 63 Tyler Ennis – 21 Drew Stafford ("A")

19 Cody Hodgson – 28 Zemgus Girgensons ("A") – 17 Torrey Mitchell

88 Cory Conacher – 23 Ville Leino – 44 Nicolas Deslauriers

37 Matt Ellis – 24 Zenon Konopka – 32 John Scott

X: 27 Matt D’Agostini (LBI), 65 Brian Flynn (LBI), 80 Chris Stewart (ankle)

20 Henrik Tallinder ("A") – 55 Rasmus Ristolainen

6 Mike Weber – 4 Jamie McBain

29 Jake McCabe – 3 Mark Pysyk

X: 5 Chad Ruhwedel (concussion) 10 Christian Ehrhoff (concussion), 52 Alexander Sulzer (LBI), 57 Tyler Myers (LBI)

49 Connor Knapp

35 Andrey Makarov

X: 1 Jhonas Enroth (LBI), 31 Matt Hackett (LBI), 34 Michal Neuvirth (LBI), 50 Nathan Lieuwen (concussion)

Lineup News & Notes

G Jhonas Enroth, D Chad Ruhwedel, F Ville Leino, F Zenon Konopka, G Michal Neuvirth,

G Nathan Lieuwen, D Alex Sulzer, and D Tyler Myers were scratches in Saturday's 4-1 loss at Boston.

Weekly Transactions

04/08: Recalled D Mark Pysyk and G Andrey Makarov from Rochester (AHL); Assigned F Luke Adam to Rochester (AHL).

04/09: Assigned F Nicolas Deslauriers and F Johan Larsson to Rochester (AHL).

04/10: Assigned D Mark Pysyk to Rochester (AHL).

04/11: Assigned G Andrey Makarov to Rochester (AHL); Recalled G Connor Knapp from Rochester (AHL).

04/13: Recalled (emergency basis) D Mark Pysyk, F Nicolas Deslauriers, and G Andrey Makarov from Rochester (AHL).

According to the Stats

In the last 10 games, the Sabres have gone 1-8-1.

Drew Stafford has three points (1G/2A) in his past three games.

NEW YORK ISLANDERS NYIS.png

Final Lineup

27 Anders Lee – 51 Frans Nielsen ("A") – 12 Josh Bailey

56 John Persson – 29 Brock Nelson – 18 Ryan Strome

17 Matt Martin – 53 Casey Cizikas – 13 Colin McDonald

59 Brett Gallant – 43 Mike Halmo – 49 Justin Johnson

X: 15 Cal Clutterbuck (UBI), 21 Kyle Okposo (LBI), 28 Johan Sundstrom (UBI), 36 Eric Boulton, 40 Michael Grabner (UBI)

14 Thomas Hickey – 3 Travis Hamonic ("A")

24 Kevin Czuczman – 42 Scott Mayfield

46 Matt Donovan – 7 Matt Carkner ("A")

X: 4 Radek Martinek, 11 Lubomir Visnovsky (concussion), 37 Brian Strait (hand), 44 Calvin de Haan (LBI)

45 Anders Nilsson

20 Evgeni Nabokov

Lineup News & Notes

New York scratched D Radek Martinek, D Lubomir Visnovsky, F Cal Clutterbuck, F Kyle Okposo, C Johan Sundstrom,

F Eric Boulton, D Brian Strait, F Michael Grabner, and D Calvin de Haan in Friday's 3-2 SO win at New Jersey.

C John Tavares (knee) is on IR.

Weekly Transactions

04/07: Returned F Johan Sundstrom to Bridgeport (AHL); Recalled F Brett Gallant (emergency basis) from Bridgeport (AHL).

04/09: Recalled F Johan Sundstrom (emergency basis) from Bridgeport (AHL).

04/11: Recalled F Justin Johnson (emergency basis) from Bridgeport (AHL).

According to the Stats

In the Last 10 games, New York has gone 6-2-2.

Ryan Strome has two goals in his past two games

PREGAME LINKS

04/12 – GAME RECAP: SABRES LOSE 5 PLAYERS TO INJURY; BRUINS WIN PRESIDENTS' TROPHY (Chris Ryndak – Sabres.com)

04/11 – GAME RECAP: Bailey and Strome's spin-o-ramas lead Isles to shootout win (Cory Wright – Islanders.com)

04/12 – GAME PREVIEW: Sabres, Islanders try to end on positive note (Brian Hunter – NHL.com)

04/12 – No doubt about it, the Sabres are cursed (Kevin Oklobzija – democratandchronicle.com)

04/12 – Season filled with turmoil about to end for reeling Sabres (Bill Hoppe – Olean Times Herald)

04/13 – Makarov, Pysyk and ???? are Sabres bound from Amerks (Kevin Oklobzija – democratandchronicle.com)

04/13 – Game Preview: Islanders at Sabres (Sarah Holzberg – Islanders.com)

04/13 – NEWS: SABRES RECALL TRIO FROM ROCHESTER (Sabres.com)

04/13 – Game Preview: 4/13/14 at New York Islanders (Ian Ott – Sabres PR)

04/13 – Sabres vs Islanders Game Notes PDF (Ian Ott – Sabres PR)

04/13 – Press Clips: 4/13/14 at New York Islanders (Ian Ott – Sabres PR)

04/13 – Sabres' Goalie Connor Knapp to make first NHL start (Bill Hoppe – Olean Times Herald)

04/13 – Ted Nolan speaks with the media prior to Sunday's game against the Islanders at First Niagara Center <4:33>

POSTGAME LINKS

04/13 – Sabres PR Post-Game Report: 4/13 vs. NYI (Ian Ott – Sabres PR)

04/13 – GAME RECAP: SABRES FALL IN SHOOTOUT TO WRAP UP SEASON (Chris Ryndak – Sabres.com)

04/13 – Dan Dunleavy recap the Sabres 4-3 SO loss to the Islanders. <5:37>

04/13 – Ted Nolan speaks with the media following the Sabres 4-3 SO loss to the Islanders. <3:46>

04/13 – Marcus Foligno speaks with the media following the Sabres 4-3 SO loss to the Islanders. <1:55>

04/13 – Jake McCabe speaks with the media following the Sabres 4-3 SO loss to the Islanders. <1:29>

04/13 – Nicolas Deslauriers speaks with the media following the Sabres 4-3 SO loss to the Islanders. <0:52>

04/13 – Connor Knapp speaks with Brian Duff following the Sabres 4-3 SO loss to the Islanders. <1:27>

04/13 – Mike Robitaille concludes his tenure as a Buffalo Sabres broadcaster. <10:06>

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

It's finally going to be over, what a terrible season, not many bright spots. Hiring Patty and Teddy made it seem like a good thing was going to be happening for the Sabres, but seems to have gone down, or going down the drain also. As bad as the season was, these last 2/3 weeks have been the worse I can remember in 40+ years. Hopefully the future is a lot brighter.

Have a great offseason everyone one and GO BILLS.

Thank you 26 CB for all the effort you put in to starting these GDT's with all the info of the upcoming game. Great job. :thumbsup:

Edited by kishoph

Last one make it count. Need a win today to put the Isles in 27th place heading into Tuesday's Lottery.

Also a huge shout out to CB26 for putting together the GDT this season. They are professionally done. If the board ever needs an another moderator CB should be the first choice.

It's finally going to be over, what a terrible season, not many bright spots. Hiring Patty and Teddy made it seem like a good thing was going to be happening for the Sabres, but seems to have gone down, or going down the drain also. As bad as the season was, these last 2/3 weeks have been the worse I can remember in 40+ years. Hopefully the future is a lot brighter.

Thank you 26 CB for all the effort you put in to starting these GDT's with all the info of the upcoming game. Great job. :thumbsup:

Actually there are many on here who want a repeat of this year so we can bet the future on getting one specific player.

First game I will be going to in 2 months and it actually means something! What more could I ask for as we need this one to lock in the Isle at number 4. It will be nice to actually cheer for a victory today with the whole family on hand. Does anyone know if they will be giving away the player jerseys again this year or what that a unique situation last year?

Last one make it count. Need a win today to put the Isles in 27th place heading into Tuesday's Lottery.

Also a huge shout out to CB26 for putting together the GDT this season. They are professionally done. If the board ever needs an another moderator CB should be the first choice.

Thank you

26CornerBlitz

:thumbsup:

Sabres MVP = 26CornerBlitz

I appreciate the kind words Gents. Here's to better days ahead! :beer:

I rarely , if ever, post in GDTs, but wanted to say thank you to 26 for the great work done in them. Greatly appreciated I am sure by a ton of people like me who read more than post!

THANK YOU 26!

Callaway, I hope you enjoy the game ! No way I would be there during the last two hours of the Masters!

26CB,

I have voiced my appreciation all season for your efforts on the GDT. A bright spot in a crappy season.

I nominate 26CB to be the go to person for next season's GDT.

The season is over tonight at around 8:00 PM (officially, that is).

Then the fun can begin.

Is there a trade freeze during the playoffs for the teams not involved in that marathon?

I hope for a great effort and a win, why not?

As always ...

GO SABRES!!

Actually there are many on here who want a repeat of this year so we can bet the future on getting one specific player.

With the depth of the hole they're in, I can't see how they'll be appreciably better next season. With TN being a shell of his former self, the culture seemingly unchanged, and GMTM picking prospect types, where does anyone expect them to be this time next year?

That said, OMG, I thought we've suffered bad seasons, but this...this kind of season I can't hack again as a fan.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.