Buffalo Bills 2014

WildCard

Out of 6 QBs in the HOF game, Manuel had, by a big margin, the poorest completion to attempts ratio (2 for 7 or 29%), lowest total yards, and lowest yards per attempt, a Fitzpatrick-esque 2.7 yards) Eli Manning was 6 for 7 ( or 86%) with 6.1 yards per attempt.

While pre-season games aren't a very good gauge of regular season performance, Manuel certainly didn't silence any of his critics with such an underwhelming performance.

I can't help but feel this is going over my head! What's the 9th guy DOING?

I don't know for sure because I'm pretty sure I stole the comment from some comedian years ago but I'm assuming that one (lucky?) gay dude is enjoy a swordfight in his mouth or something like that.

Edited by Drunkard

I don't know for sure because I'm pretty sure I stole the comment from some comedian years ago but I'm assuming that one (lucky?) gay dude is enjoy a swordfight in his mouth or something like that.

Patton Oswalt, at least I've heard him use it in one of his specials. Edited by Lanny

Patton Oswalt, at least I've heard him use it in one of his specials.

Wouldn't surprise me, I definitely enjoy his act. I figured it was either Dave Attell or Louis CK, but Patton Oswalt seems like a likely candidate as well. Somewhere between "I hate" and uncle touchy's naked puzzle basement.

Out of 6 QBs in the HOF game, Manuel had, by a big margin, the poorest completion to attempts ratio (2 for 7 or 29%), lowest total yards, and lowest yards per attempt, a Fitzpatrick-esque 2.7 yards) Eli Manning was 6 for 7 ( or 86%) with 6.1 yards per attempt.

While pre-season games aren't a very good gauge of regular season performance, Manuel certainly didn't silence any of his critics with such an underwhelming performance.

he played a whopping 10 plays, and at least 5 of those were just "hey, throw the ball and try to get comfortable and your feet back under you" plays. Manuel hadn't seen game action since the Jacksonville game towards the end of last year if I'm not mistaken. Manning played an entire quarter. Let's not start using meaningless stats to try to prove anything here.

Also, Oakland, Jacksonville, or St Louis will move before Buffalo does. Count on it.

A good piece for those who keep pointing out that Manuel is terrible...here's a little tidbit that may bring you closer to those of us who say give the kid a little longer of a look.

I get it. He's not a terrible fit because of last year's stats. He's a terrible fit because of his style and strength/weakness profile.

Also, thanks to that moronic trade in april, we have no choice but to give him a longer look.

I get it. He's not a terrible fit because of last year's stats. He's a terrible fit because of his style and strength/weakness profile.

Also, thanks to that moronic trade in april, we have no choice but to give him a longer look.

I really don't think we gave up too much for Watkins. He's been great in camp, and so long as we can get him the ball (whoever ends up throwing it), he's going to be great.

I also don't think we would be in the top 10 next year in terms of drafting so it's really not that much lost. The defense will once again carry us, and I still think we can win 9 games. We were in almost every game last season with a revolving door at the 3 skill positions on offense, but our D held us in every game.

I really don't think we gave up too much for Watkins. He's been great in camp, and so long as we can get him the ball (whoever ends up throwing it), he's going to be great.

I also don't think we would be in the top 10 next year in terms of drafting so it's really not that much lost. The defense will once again carry us, and I still think we can win 9 games. We were in almost every game last season with a revolving door at the 3 skill positions on offense, but our D held us in every game.

I totally agree with your second paragraph (and by extension, I suppose I agree with your first). Even if we had next year's first, I think we'd be in position to draft a Derek Carr-like QB, not somebody in the Rivers class of prospect.

A good piece for those who keep pointing out that Manuel is terrible...here's a little tidbit that may bring you closer to those of us who say give the kid a little longer of a look.

Can you imagine the 1990-1994 Bills if Twitter was around? I remember the 'Bickering Bills' moniker and Thurman Thomas' open disdain for number 12 in the early days. And then there was Bruce's suspension and his annual camp dodging...

Edited by wjag

Can you imagine the 1990-1994 Bills if Twitter was around? I remember the 'Bickering Bills' moniker and Thurman Thomas' open disdain for number 12 in the early days. And then there was Bruce's suspension and his annual camp dodging...

Bickering Bills was '89. It also was the basis for Sully thinking they'd be mediocre in '90. At least the SOB is consistent. He's going a solid 1/4 century w/ his head up his bippy.

I liked the trade the trade. Loved it, in fact. It restored my faith in Buffalo sports. It showed me that at least one of the teams I love is actually trying to win now, even if they don't.

I love that we have Watkins, but I still think we gave up far too much. When you haven't had a good QB in 47.98 billion years you don't give up the only assets that you can acquire one with. Not when the one you have has been questionable at best.

I liked the trade the trade. Loved it, in fact. It restored my faith in Buffalo sports. It showed me that at least one of the teams I love is actually trying to win now, even if they don't.

Win what? Fan Love? No one wins playoff games with wide receivers. Watkins doesn't make the team better this season, and he doesn't make the team better next season if he cost us Jameis Winston.

Win what? Fan Love? No one wins playoff games with wide receivers. Watkins doesn't make the team better this season, and he doesn't make the team better next season if he cost us Jameis Winston.

Do you honestly believe we'd be bad enough for Winston? Last year we had EJ (whom you have zero confidence in) as an oft-injured rookie, Thad Lewis, and Jeff Tuel....and still wouldn't have been able to sniff Winston had he come out.

Do you honestly believe we'd be bad enough for Winston? Last year we had EJ (whom you have zero confidence in) as an oft-injured rookie, Thad Lewis, and Jeff Tuel....and still wouldn't have been able to sniff Winston had he come out.

I expect we will win 4 games this year, which would put us top 5. I'd be prepared to trade the first 3 picks in both 2015 and 2016 to move up to get him. He reads the field and makes the throws better than any freshman I've ever seen.

I expect we will win 4 games this year, which would put us top 5. I'd be prepared to trade the first 3 picks in both 2015 and 2016 to move up to get him. He reads the field and makes the throws better than any freshman I've ever seen.

You think we're 2 games worse than last year? I'd be curious as to the reasoning on that. Regardless, no team bad enough to draft Winston is trading that pick. Please don't go all "Stafford + 2nd for Crosby" on us :P