Buffalo Bills 2014

WildCard

And one now those links is going to say Polian was all set to come to Buffalo then got cold feet?

Try to keep up, ink. I expect better of you.

http://bills.buffalo...eal-heavy-lift/

Executive summary: Considered joining the Bills for up to three years, but with QB and coach bailing, doesn't think he has the stamina/wants to spend the time away from his family it would take to complete the job.

Basically he was going to be PLF: The Sequel and decided not really what he wanted.

Edited by Neuvirths Glove

Annoyed at the way it's being portrayed, the Bills should be getting out in front of this and spinning it positive but as we've seen with Pegula in the past, he doesn't understand how to do this and it usually gets away from him.

Not upset at losing out on Polian. He's way past his prime but the PR is killing them right now and they need to fix it if it hasn't already done irreparable damage.

Marrone bad mouthing the Bills on the way out. If I'm a billionaire owner in the most powerful business in the world, I make sure things dont go so smoothly for Doug.

Annoyed at the way it's being portrayed, the Bills should be getting out in front of this and spinning it positive but as we've seen with Pegula in the past, he doesn't understand how to do this and it usually gets away from him.

Not upset at losing out on Polian. He's way past his prime but the PR is killing them right now and they need to fix it if it hasn't already done irreparable damage.

Marrone bad mouthing the Bills on the way out. If I'm a billionaire owner in the most powerful business in the world, I make sure things dont go so smoothly for Doug.

I'm not sure I believe he bad mouthed the Bills. That just seems like some media hyperbole to me. Marrone wouldn't be that dumb, he wants another gig in the NFL.

It is a little weird though that pegula talked to Polian without Brandon knowing.

And one now those links is going to say Polian was all set to come to Buffalo then got cold feet?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/01/polian-confirms-that-bills-were-working-behind-brandons-back/

Interesting story. I also find it interesting that Brandon and Whaley were probably the ones responsible for agreeing to let marrone take 4 million dollars of Pegula's $$ for walking away. I wonder how Pegula feels about that savvy move by his 2 "top guys?"

Interesting story. I also find it interesting that Brandon and Whaley were probably the ones responsible for agreeing to let marrone take 4 million dollars of Pegula's $$ for walking away. I wonder how Pegula feels about that savvy move by his 2 "top guys?"

Would you have been OK with Marrone getting fired and still getting the $4m?

People making way too much out of the opt-out clause. Not a big deal at all, especially considering the state of the franchise at the time Marrone signed. Smart of his agent to include it and smart of Overdorf not to object to it when he negotiated Marrone's contract. No way in hell that should have been a show stopper when it came to signing the coach they wanted.

There are no villains in this entire scenario. i don't blame Marrone at all for wanting an extension, and I don't blame Pegula for needing to see where we were after Marrone's third year.

As for Polian, I take him at his word. There is no doubt the parameters of his task changed with the resignation of Marrone and I respect him for understanding that if he were to bring a new coach in, he would have owed it to that coach to stay.

As for the Tim Graham's of the world, they just make it up as they go. NONE of what he tweeted about the situation makes ANY sense from ANY angle. Not one ounce of it.

GO BILLS!!!

Disclaimer: Just ignore this post if you still struggle to understand how Bleacher Report works and don't understand how to weed through their BS and their legit reporters...

Jason Cole (one of BR's ACTUAL reporters) said that there are concerns within the organization that Whaley and Brandon are about to be fired. He then said that if they are retained they are expected to pursue Seahawks DC Dan Quin, Broncos OC Adam Gase, Lions DC Teryl Austin, Colts OC Pep Hamilton and Pats OC Josh McDaniels. Said that the current regime wants to go young at the HC spot.

Disclaimer: Just ignore this post if you still struggle to understand how Bleacher Report works and don't understand how to weed through their BS and their legit reporters...

Jason Cole (one of BR's ACTUAL reporters) said that there are concerns within the organization that Whaley and Brandon are about to be fired. He then said that if they are retained they are expected to pursue Seahawks DC Dan Quin, Broncos OC Adam Gase, Lions DC Teryl Austin, Colts OC Pep Hamilton and Pats OC Josh McDaniels. Said that the current regime wants to go young at the HC spot.

So the three offensive coordinators we're interested in for HC all just happen to have hall of fame QBs. (I'm being generous with Luck but you get the idea.) Is it too much to ask that we find a bright young college coach with some new ideas versus an NFL coordinator riding the coattails of a great QB?

Would you have been OK with Marrone getting fired and still getting the $4m?

People making way too much out of the opt-out clause. Not a big deal at all, especially considering the state of the franchise at the time Marrone signed. Smart of his agent to include it and smart of Overdorf not to object to it when he negotiated Marrone's contract. No way in hell that should have been a show stopper when it came to signing the coach they wanted.

There are no villains in this entire scenario. i don't blame Marrone at all for wanting an extension, and I don't blame Pegula for needing to see where we were after Marrone's third year.

As for Polian, I take him at his word. There is no doubt the parameters of his task changed with the resignation of Marrone and I respect him for understanding that if he were to bring a new coach in, he would have owed it to that coach to stay.

As for the Tim Graham's of the world, they just make it up as they go. NONE of what he tweeted about the situation makes ANY sense from ANY angle. Not one ounce of it.

GO BILLS!!!

Pretty much agree with all of this, although I'm still happy Marrone is gone.

So the three offensive coordinators we're interested in for HC all just happen to have hall of fame QBs. (I'm being generous with Luck but you get the idea.) Is it too much to ask that we find a bright young college coach with some new ideas versus an NFL coordinator riding the coattails of a great QB?

It's amazing the correlation between great OCs and great QBs. Amazing, I tell ya.

GO BILLS!!!

A who's who list of coordinators that reap the benefits of having hall of fame players. Can we just skip to the real candidates? If they hire Manning or Brady's OC I'll ###### a brick.

It's amazing the correlation between great OCs and great QBs. Amazing, I tell ya.

GO BILLS!!!

The NFL and the Bills in turn are in the dark ages when it comes to hiring. The stupidity is profound.

Let Gase stick around in Denver for three more years. If their offense is still good after Manning then high five here's a head coaching job. McDaniels? Meh. Pep Hamilton? I kind of like him. Not quite sure why. But he has been attached to Luck. Lucky or legitimate?

I agree completely with Rob here -- The best route for an offensive mind appears to be in the college ranks. Art Briles is considered as innovative/creative as Chip Kelly. He's up there at 60 years old, but he's still got a huge passion for the game. Kevin Sumlin and David Shaw are both guys I also like, but it's not looking like either is interested. Gus Malzahn has ushered Auburn into post-Cam Newton relevance with ease. He's done great things there when many assumed they'd fall back off the face of the earth.

One thing I know for certain: Pegula needs to step in and make a decision IMMEDIATELY. Does he want a football czar? Cool. Who is it? Get them in. NOW. If not, does he want Brandon/Whaley making the decisions? Okay. Let them.

Edited by Tank

Try to keep up, ink. I expect better of you.

http://bills.buffalo...eal-heavy-lift/

Executive summary: Considered joining the Bills for up to three years, but with QB and coach bailing, doesn't think he has the stamina/wants to spend the time away from his family it would take to complete the job.

Basically he was going to be PLF: The Sequel and decided not really what he wanted.

This makes a lot more sense than the "Marrone badmouthed the team" story. A lot more.

So according to WGR, there are at least four teams, including the Bills, interested in Gase. IMO, all 4 are making a mistake. I don't even think he calls plays.

The league is worse than politics. The guy who just hands the football to Peyton on Sundays and says go get em is the leagues hottest coaching candidate.

The league is worse than politics. The guy who just hands the football to Peyton on Sundays and says go get em is the leagues hottest coaching candidate.

He did get Tim Tebow a playoff win. That's gotta be worth somethin'.

Adam Gase is allegedly respected by many around the league. He likely has a very bright mind considering how quickly he has moved up.

The Bills interviewing him is a no-brainer. They have to see what the hype is about. Not saying they should hire him (I prefer others to him) but there's a reason everybody is interviewing him and its not because he doesn't call the plays.

Adam Gase is allegedly respected by many around the league. He likely has a very bright mind considering how quickly he has moved up.

The Bills interviewing him is a no-brainer. They have to see what the hype is about. Not saying they should hire him (I prefer others to him) but there's a reason everybody is interviewing him and its not because he doesn't call the plays.

Who exactly are "The Bills" in this interview process? If Brandon was out of the loop re: Polian, he wouldn't be choosing a new head coach, would he? It's Whaley's hire, of course, as long as he's returning. Al Haig? Who's in charge?