Buffalo Bills 2014

WildCard

I wouldn't go that far.

Thought the same thing when I first read it... But they are stuck at the QB position right now and don't have an asset (first rounder) to make a big move at the position.

Also don't have the first round pick to use on a player that could significantly contribute next season at another position of need.

I don’t get people’s obsession with Terry Pegula not speaking to media frequently. Is he mandated to talk to the media like NFL players are? No. Is Pegula supposed to speak to the media every week, every month? Did Ralph Wilson talk to the media frequently? No.

One thing is for sure, Terry & Kim Pegula are not Dan Snyder, meaning they do not make snap decisions by firing people in a short amount of time. They’re both smart business professionals and will make changes when they see that what’s in front of them is not working. They like to give people a fair chance to make things work. IMO, a lot of Sabres fans are a bunch of cry-babies as they feel Terry Pegula owes them something… “Uncle Terry didn’t fire Ruff and Regier as soon as he bought the team;” “Uncle Terry doesn’t talk to the media;” “Uncle Terry promised me the Stanley Cup in three years.”

I recommend the highly regarded firm: Benson, Batista, and Black.

Terry came to the Sabres with "people." Who are his Bills people? Are the Sabres people his Bills people? Will he need new Sabres people? Or will they become Sabres/Bills people?

And you'll have a coach that wins 5 games a year.

No, probably not. Advanced stats say constantly worrying about field position isn't the way to go. You punt from the 45 and they end up at the 25. One play and they're back where you punted from. Take chances if youre within striking distance of a first down (4th and 5 and under).

It's puzzling that Marrone isn't playing Manuel in this final, meaningless game. There has been press about Manuel continuing to 'develop' in the interim since he was benched in lieu of Orton.

Wouldn't it make sense, in a real game, to see if he has 'developed' and determine if there's any point to retaining him? Unless the talk of development is simply face saving for those who were instrumental in his draft and the team has already deemed him the new Aaron Maybin?

It's puzzling that Marrone isn't playing Manuel in this final, meaningless game. There has been press about Manuel continuing to 'develop' in the interim since he was benched in lieu of Orton.

Wouldn't it make sense, in a real game, to see if he has 'developed' and determine if there's any point to retaining him? Unless the talk of development is simply face saving for those who were instrumental in his draft and the team has already deemed him the new Aaron Maybin?

Why does Marrone care about developing EJ? He thinks he has to win this week to save his job.

It does little to further Manuel's development to play him in a meaningless game played alongside teammates with meaningless expectations. This is a classic run for the bus scenario where it's just too easy for OLmen to not finish blocks and receivers not to sell out in their routes, etc. If Manuel lays an egg it only serves to raise the clamor going into the offseason. If he plays lights out, it's in a meaningless game anyway and gives rise to criticism that Marrone should have played him all along. Smart to avoid it all together.

Orton drove this bus. He needs to park it.

GO BILLS!!!

Hooray! Doing dumb ###### instead of what's best for the organization. I can't wait for all these goons running the team to be gone.

As much as I love Sammy, that's what Whaley was thinking when he made the move. Everybody knew a change in ownership was coming. Make a wow move and try to win now. Worry about later later. Wake up tomorrow to a 15-year playoff draught.