Buffalo Bills 2014

WildCard

If Marrone really said "Go ahead and fire me" then you have to fire him. Clearly he already thinks he's out the door. That's toxic. And if the reports about the players opinions are true then he's probably already lost the team.

I wonder if this is why Pettine was so quick to go to Cleveland?

1. Yep, you've gotta fire the guy if he pulls that. That goes for any employee, really.

2. No. It's a head coaching job. Any coordinator will jump at that.

Troubling report regarding the Bills' FO.

http://www.cbssports...bills-officials

The report precipitates yet another asking of the question: Why do national reporters, and not the team's local beat reporters, get the scoops?

Mike Harrington@BNHarrington 38m

Check @JasonLaCanfora feed for story on tensions within #Bills org. Local media wrote this weeks ago & fans erupted. It's there, people.

I remember some stuff about Marrone being tense. I don't remember the locals reporting on anything of this scale.

It seems like Marrone is digging in against every other person within his own organization. Every time somebody tried to diffuse the situation he went even crazier. The stuff about basically putting down the potential of winning in Buffalo to players is ridiculous.

If true, I've lost a lot of respect here. It probably won't matter if the team doesn't win because I don't see new ownership waiting around. Especially with this happening.

Check @JasonLaCanfora feed for story on tensions within #Bills org. Local media wrote this weeks ago & fans erupted. It's there, people.

I remember some stuff about Marrone being tense. I don't remember the locals reporting on anything of this scale.

I can do my job! Really! I can!

Oh, Harrington. I intentionally block that guy from all of my media consumption. So when I do see him, I involuntarily flinch or wince.

The local media did report that Marrone was unusually testy with them. They most certainly did NOT report on incidents where he got into it a pro player personnel guy and/or Brandon within earshot of players and said stuff like "well then fire me."

Over on TSW wawrow stating that there is tension, but the word "fired" wasn't used in the exchange, which is the main "bombshell" in this story from weeks ago.

The whole thing just seems odd to me. There is this long drawn out argument and the only quote from the whole thing is five words. How are we supposed to take anything away from that?

Troubling report regarding the Bills' FO.

http://www.cbssports...bills-officials

The report precipitates yet another asking of the question: Why do national reporters, and not the team's local beat reporters, get the scoops?

Holy mackerel.

And as for your question about the local media: the answer rhymes with "shmunch of shmediocrities."

The claims in that article -- from a very reputable guy with good sources -- haveme thinking: Jim Schwartz will be the head coach before month's end.

Hello, 3-13 and Cleveland with our #1 overall pick!

Oh, Harrington. I intentionally block that guy from all of my media consumption. So when I do see him, I involuntarily flinch or wince.

The local media did report that Marrone was unusually testy with them. They most certainly did NOT report on incidents where he got into it a pro player personnel guy and/or Brandon within earshot of players and said stuff like "well then fire me."

So -- more Harrington defensive BS, then?

Hopefully the Marrone stuff isn't true.

It seems like Marrone is digging in against every other person within his own organization. Every time somebody tried to diffuse the situation he went even crazier. The stuff about basically putting down the potential of winning in Buffalo to players is ridiculous.

If true, I've lost a lot of respect here. It probably won't matter if the team doesn't win because I don't see new ownership waiting around. Especially with this happening.

I kinda see it the other way -- if anything, Marrone's frustration with the lifer bozo losers in the organization and his willingness to tell them to GFY has increased the amount of respect I have for him.

Remember: Marrone is the only one in the organization who doesn't have the longtime stink of Bills loser-dom.

Like I said before in a previous post hire a garbage head coach get garbage results. Prepare for another losing season folks. What makes you think this thing is going to turn around now after they were brutal in the preseason. EJ is a bust in my opinion because they reached on him. Orton will be the starter quicker than you think.

The whole thing just seems odd to me. There is this long drawn out argument and the only quote from the whole thing is five words. How are we supposed to take anything away from that?

I really wish I was a fly on the wall there.

The "Saint Doug" stuff is what irks me the most.

this irks me. If you're trying to change a culture, don't start by stacking the cards against you.

The fact that this story is even out there tells me there is huge tension in the front office.

It may not be completely accurate, but Lacanfora didn't make this stuff up.

This is the story he was told by some (rat/hero) within the organization.

I kinda see it the other way -- if anything, Marrone's frustration with the lifer bozo losers in the organization and his willingness to tell them to GFY has increased the amount of respect I have for him.

Remember: Marrone is the only one in the organization who doesn't have the longtime stink of Bills loser-dom.

This is a fair inference. I don't mind him getting into it with the pro personnel guy. I don't like that he couldn't rein himself in when Whaley and/or Brandon stepped in, and that the players saw him losing his sh!t with the FO. I most especially don't like the "St. Doug" stuff.

Most of all, though, I don't like that his team does not appear poised to post a winning record. That, I like the least of all.

Yes, I would love to have a better context for what it was about and more details on what was actually said. I know Tim Graham reported much earlier in the offseason that Marrone and Whaley were frustrated by the lack of autonomy they had in making football decisions. I had always assumed it was about the Byrd negotiations, but who the hell knows.

There isn't really much reason to believe this other than being a Bills fan.

our opinions differ on where the D will be but otherwise I honestly think this is a tossup. Bears D is still going to be atrocious, along with our offense...it'll be a battle of wills.

Of course, 19-0 Baby! :beer:

Now there's the spirit

I love the St. Doug line. I'm about 100% sure it was out of context, but that doesn't mean it isn't true. If he were to win with this shithole of a team and organization then he absolutely should be made a Saint.

I read the Tweeted bit about how some of this stuff was guffawed over in a session of beers and wings and whatever. That may change my view of the matter, a bit.

The report now is that this all came from Marrone being furious with the timing and terms of the Orton signing. Basically, that it torpedoed his chances for success this year -- with EJ specifically -- when the FO brought in a seasoned pro for elite backup money after the preseason was over. Idea being: EJ's confidence is shaky and fragile, as is -- Orton's presence will only make that worse.

If true: J.F.C.

The idea that a franchise quarterback would be made to unravel because there's a guy ready, willing, and able to take his job is laughable. If you're capable of leading an NFL team, then the signing of Kyle Orton should be like water off a duck's back.

our opinions differ on where the D will be but otherwise I honestly think this is a tossup. Bears D is still going to be atrocious, along with our offense...it'll be a battle of wills.

Their offense is elite. Neither our offense nor defense will be elite. Their defense will be much improved.