Buffalo Bills 2014

WildCard

I need to revise my prediction for this year now. The Bills will not contend for a playoff spot and will have six wins. Again.

Yeap. I think 4-6 wins is the projection.

This injury may cost Doug Whaley and Doug Marrone their jobs. If new ownership comes in and realized that they should've had a top 5-10 pick and it's gone after a bad year then they probably don't give those guys the benefit of the doubt.

This injury may cost Doug Whaley and Doug Marrone their jobs. If new ownership comes in and realized that they should've had a top 5-10 pick and it's gone after a bad year then they probably don't give those guys the benefit of the doubt.

Hadn't though of that. This guy better pan out. Trading first round picks off fringe teams is always a terrible risk. Just ask Garth Snow.

I'm not that low on this team yet, but I don't think they'll get the projection I originally had. I still see this team as a 6 or 7 win team though.

And I don't think this injury will cost them their jobs. Schwartz is very good at what he does, and I believe he'll pull something out of his arse to stop the bleeding.

I think they are toast. You have a 4-3 scheme with a lack of proper linebackers to begin with. Preston Brown is not a cover LB and Spikes is more a run guy. Your best TE option is Keith Rivers, and who goes to the other side, Manny Lawson?

They are in trouble. The trade just backfired before the season even started. You could have traded down instead of up, got a Kiko clone in Shazier and picked up another safety, and kept your #1 next year which now looks like it will be a top 8 pick again. Watkins better be the second coming....

I'm not that low on this team yet, but I don't think they'll get the projection I originally had. I still see this team as a 6 or 7 win team though.

And I don't think this injury will cost them their jobs. Schwartz is very good at what he does, and I believe he'll pull something out of his arse to stop the bleeding.

Schwartz may be very good but he's taking on a project since the team is switching back to a 4-3 when they clearly fit a 3-4. Their biggest playmaker signed with the Saints and their second best defensive player just lost his season. Good luck. This defense will be historically terrible. Especially if Dareus misses time.

Schwartz may be very good but he's taking on a project since the team is switching back to a 4-3 when they clearly fit a 3-4. Their biggest playmaker signed with the Saints and their second best defensive player just lost his season. Good luck. This defense will be historically terrible. Especially if Dareus misses time.

Byrd was good and was a playmaker, but let's be honest, Aaron Williams stole the show from him last year. I think Schwartz's job just got harder, and agree it is a project because of the switch back, but It will not be as historically terrible as it was under Wannstedt. That defense was terrible and predictable. I don't forsee that. Dareus would at most miss 4 games, and Branch can fill in for those 4 (not at the same level obviously). I'm not going to lie, the LB corps scares me, but the front 4 and the secondary aren't bad at all. If Mckelvin and Gilmore elevate their play to their potential, Williams keeps tearing it up at safety, and Searcy and whatever other safety to fill in there are just decent, we should be ok.

Byrd was good and was a playmaker, but let's be honest, Aaron Williams stole the show from him last year. I think Schwartz's job just got harder, and agree it is a project because of the switch back, but It will not be as historically terrible as it was under Wannstedt. That defense was terrible and predictable. I don't forsee that. Dareus would at most miss 4 games, and Branch can fill in for those 4 (not at the same level obviously). I'm not going to lie, the LB corps scares me, but the front 4 and the secondary aren't bad at all. If Mckelvin and Gilmore elevate their play to their potential, Williams keeps tearing it up at safety, and Searcy and whatever other safety to fill in there are just decent, we should be ok.

While I certainly disagree with your assessment of Williams stealing the show from Byrd, that drop-off isn't what we should worry about. You alluded to it at the end: going from a Byrd-Williams safety tandem to Williams-Searcy/Williams. That's brutal. Our D is set to go from elite against the pass but awful against the run, to completely the opposite.

While I certainly disagree with your assessment of Williams stealing the show from Byrd, that drop-off isn't what we should worry about. You alluded to it at the end: going from a Byrd-Williams safety tandem to Williams-Searcy/Williams. That's brutal. Our D is set to go from elite against the pass but awful against the run, to completely the opposite.

Factor in Graham and Robey, I'm really not that concerned about covering WRs. The thing that has me worried is covering TEs.

Williams had one solid year after many were calling for his head at corner. Let's see some consistency before putting him ahead of a perennial pro bowl. Maybe williams struggles in a new system. We shall see.