So who really is Joe Battista and does he belong with the Sabres

North Buffalo

How so? (I must be tone deaf to the Sabres' tone deafness after all these years.)

OK, this is deep, deep reading of tea leaves, but in watching the Battista clip again, it struck me that clips like that don't accidentally end up in a show. Someone wanted to point out how smart and involved Battista is. (Kind of like how Terry piping in at the last draft was carefully staged to give a certain impression.) Battista, Battista, there's your man, who gave Patty LaLa the ###### ###### can. I'd bet my left nut on it, if I still had it, after the "farm accident" in Coudersport lo those many years ago.

How so? (I must be tone deaf to the Sabres' tone deafness after all these years.)

I did not watch the clip, yet.

My reaction was to the Tweet and picture was: This team is funking TERRIBLE, like the worst incarnation of the franchise ever, and we're going to do a human interest story about how we dressed some computer design guy as a goalie? You get to run those stories when you're fielding a competent NHL hockey team, not when you're on pace to be (among) the worst NHL team(s) ever.

Would love to be in the room.

@BuffaloSabres

'WAR ROOM' LOOK: #Sabres GM Tim Murray, Asst. GM Kevin Devine, Senior Hockey Advisor Craig Patrick this AM.

Bh-heuDCYAAi7YL.jpg

Where's Pegula, Black, Battista, Sawyer, and Benson? Why aren't they meddling?

Wheres' Battista?

Cool Jeremy White is there too, nice job Ted Black. :bag:

OK, this is deep, deep reading of tea leaves, but in watching the Battista clip again, it struck me that clips like that don't accidentally end up in a show. Someone wanted to point out how smart and involved Battista is. (Kind of like how Terry piping in at the last draft was carefully staged to give a certain impression.) Battista, Battista, there's your man, who gave Patty LaLa the ###### ###### can. I'd bet my left nut on it, if I still had it, after the "farm accident" in Coudersport lo those many years ago.

They sure knew how to take that picture and tweet it out while the body wasn't even cold yet.....

They sure knew how to take that picture and tweet it out while the body wasn't even cold yet.....

And to counter AA's statement, management doesn't pay attention to this board, while definitely not obligated too... that pic is case in point that they are paying attention, even if it is only window dressing and smoke and mirrors. Kinda like the cigar man above :devil: .

Sabres have a potential disaster next year on the horizon now that Patty is gone and Nolan hasn't signed yet, even though Stafford is still here. At least TPegs has a couple of scape goats... Joe Band Ted B... just saying.

• 5 months later...

Sure....sure....his first post, calling out a random fan at 3AM is to gloat about something that was about as in depth as saying, "The sun will rise in the east tomorrow".....

Yep....

I was flattered though.....and I give him credit for admitting he follows what I say. That's more than anyone else has admitted in public.

and yet, who's been my source on the Pegulas and Bills buy, mr. smart guy? please, continue to hold court over this board with the elipses and sure ... sures. pretty confident you can't pin me down. haven't done so yet, faker.

jw

and yet, who's been my source on the Pegulas and Bills buy, mr. smart guy? please, continue to hold court over this board with the elipses and sure ... sures. pretty confident you can't pin me down. haven't done so yet, faker.

jw

That is some fantastic late night, drunken gibberish right there,… and six month late to boot.

Things got a bit weird in here all of a sudden.

Maybe we need a "verified" feature like Twitter has so that the community knows that the occasional poster claiming to be a media person is really that media person. That, or don't allow a poster to use the name of a real person for a handle.

John, if that's really you, would you mind add something of actual value to our board?

Maybe we need a "verified" feature like Twitter has so that the community knows that the occasional poster claiming to be a media person is really that media person. That, or don't allow a poster to use the name of a real person for a handle.

John, if that's really you, would you mind add something of actual value to our board?

The problem for JW is that he's a regular over on TBD. But this place is strange and unusual and he doesn't understand that his reputation doesn't precede him. We're just supposed to assume he's legit and go with it.

The problem for JW is that he's a regular over on TBD. But this place is strange and unusual and he doesn't understand that his reputation doesn't precede him. We're just supposed to assume he's legit and go with it.

It precedes him. He may have some good sources and be a good writer, but I get the impression that he thinks that being a writer gives him the right to be tool as a message board poster.

Quick question, without looking it up, did anyone even remember what the original post was about?

I don't blame any of the media types for lashing out though. There are a lot of unwarranted attacks directed at them constantly on these boards. I'm not too up to date with his reputation over on TSW, but I tend to enjoy JWs posts over there and like what they add. Then again, I thought the same of other media members there before they were chased off by ######.

Big John Wawrow, with his mighty Blue Pen

Wrote in Jessie’s hamper until 10pm.

He recorded all the details of her underwear,

But the name of his source, he would not share.

Big John had to call on the Freedom of the Press,

To get out of Jessie’s window, and down the garden trellis.

To back up his story, he took some of her clothes,

But the nature of this source, he would never disclose…

“Your story’s safe with me,” he assured a blouse,

Once he was safe and sound, drink in hand, at his house.

“Still plenty of time to get my news story done -”

Sources: Terry”s Rich, Bon Jovi’s a BUM!

“Now I’ll pump-up my breaking exclusive on Twitter!

(After donning a tennis skirt and splashing on glitter)

“Most intimate sources!” Big John proudly tweeted.

“Now multiple sources!” Tim Graham then repeated.

From 11 till 1, Big John drank more beer,

And his thinking and writing became somewhat less clear.

“Looks like I’m a definite shaker and mover,

Like the A.P.’s version of J. Edgar Hoover…

“And now for revenge on that message board poster,

That ellipses user, and sure… sures boaster!”

While riding the coat-tails of sources, quite literally,

John Wawrow’s conceit revealed itself bitterly.

“Now tell me I’m witty, and pretty as Jessie…”

From then on there, things got seriously messy.

Much of it was deleted.

Edited by Yuri Olesha

Oh my, the intrigue!

The above poem, Big JW, I am declaring free to distribute. My secret hope is that Jerry Sullivan will champion its publication in the News.

I should probably quietly step away from the keyboard now... so that PA can do some posting...

Edited by Yuri Olesha

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.