So who really is Joe Battista and does he belong with the Sabres

North Buffalo

Well, he was responding to this jab from you:

So the back-and-forth was entirely about the trade.

As for the timing, there are plenty of insomniac posters here.

This one is a leap too far, IMHO.

John W. -- if you're out there, howzabout some info?

jw has a penchant for 3am posts on the Bills board too. Nothing out of the ordinary here.

Well, he was responding to this jab from you:

So the back-and-forth was entirely about the trade.

As for the timing, there are plenty of insomniac posters here.

This one is a leap too far, IMHO.

John W. -- if you're out there, howzabout some info?

Sure....sure....his first post, calling out a random fan at 3AM is to gloat about something that was about as in depth as saying, "The sun will rise in the east tomorrow".....

Yep....

I was flattered though.....and I give him credit for admitting he follows what I say. That's more than anyone else has admitted in public.

Sure....sure....his first post, calling out a random fan at 3AM is to gloat about something that was about as in depth as saying, "The sun will rise in the east tomorrow".....

Yep....

I was flattered though.....and I give him credit for admitting he follows what I say. That's more than anyone else has admitted in public.

It's not really random when you've called him out by name in the past, now is it?

It's not really random when you've called him out by name in the past, now is it?

Ok...Weave...Freeman.....really? That was about being right about the fact Ryan Miller got traded? The odds on Miller getting traded were 1-20. Lafontaine said himself he was listening to deals for Miller and would trade him before Murray got on.

Now if Wawrow is in your bourbon sipping club Weave, I understand....and I have no shame in calling him out for the articles written during the Larry Quinn reign. I also have no shame in calling out Ronan Tynan.

In all due respect Weave, you didn't know who "Gibby" was. The Sabres Minister of Propaganda was even referenced to as "Gibby" by Pegula in his first day on the job. My jab at the Miller article was more the fact the pomp and circumstances behind Michael Gilbert being on the PR staff of the USA Olympic team had been well publicized. It was also a stereotypical Russian vodka joke tied in. It also referenced the new favored Sabres leaker Bob McKenzie by getting nostalgic and saying Gibby gave Wawrow that hot tip from Russia. The sad thing is, Gibby had a twitter account with followers that used to be a good source of info. Now his 72 followers are in the thousands. Oh well......

Ok...Weave...Freeman.....really? That was about being right about the fact Ryan Miller got traded? The odds on Miller getting traded were 1-20. Lafontaine said himself he was listening to deals for Miller and would trade him before Murray got on.

Now if Wawrow is in your bourbon sipping club Weave, I understand....and I have no shame in calling him out for the articles written during the Larry Quinn reign. I also have no shame in calling out Ronan Tynan.

In all due respect Weave, you didn't know who "Gibby" was. The Sabres Minister of Propaganda was even referenced to as "Gibby" by Pegula in his first day on the job. My jab at the Miller article was more the fact the pomp and circumstances behind Michael Gilbert being on the PR staff of the USA Olympic team had been well publicized. It was also a stereotypical Russian vodka joke tied in. It also referenced the new favored Sabres leaker Bob McKenzie by getting nostalgic and saying Gibby gave Wawrow that hot tip from Russia. The sad thing is, Gibby had a twitter account with followers that used to be a good source of info. Now his 72 followers are in the thousands. Oh well......

You are incorrigible. Stop reading too much into everything. It is simple.

this:

.his first post, calling out a random fan

begat this:

You are incorrigible. Stop reading too much into everything. It is simple.

this:

.his first post, calling out a random fan

begat this:

Uh huh.....

His sources say my reign just may be over.....why, did I say Miller wasn't going to be traded?

I was legitimately scared that Larry Quinn was about to be hired by Harbor Center.

I call out plenty of people, nobody in a high professional position feels the need to join a fan board and make their first post a veiled threat at 3AM....then the most dysfunctional day in team history, which is saying something....starts a few hours later with ZERO public knowledge or reference.

Is this a Union thing?

Uh huh.....

His sources say my reign just may be over.....why, did I say Miller wasn't going to be traded?

I was legitimately scared that Larry Quinn was about to be hired by Harbor Center.

I call out plenty of people, nobody in a high professional position feels the need to join a fan board and make their first post a veiled threat at 3AM....then the most dysfunctional day in team history, which is saying something....starts a few hours later with ZERO public knowledge or reference.

Is this a Union thing?

Regrettably, it wasn't the most dysfunctional day in team history. Probably wasn't even in the top 10.

As for JW's post, I assume he was gloating not just about predicting that Miller would be traded, but about predicting some of the specifics of the trade. (I could be wrong about that though.). And Shrader pointed out that he posts frequently in the wee hours so not much there either.

Bottom line is that I continue to be deeply disappointed in this development. I cannot shake the foreboding sense that the most likely scenario is that you are right, TB is lying and there are a bunch of territorial, backbiting bozos at FNC -- and TN will bail this summer, TM will follow him not too much later and we'll find ourselves rooting for the Washington Redskins of the NHL.

However, there remains the distinct possibility that PLF was the one who created the problem. We don't know hardly anything, but we do know that he unquestionably left the Sabres in a very messy situation at the worst possible time. And we also know that instead of telling his side of the story, he accepted a payout and signed a non-disclosure agreement.

I just don't see Wawrow's post as being more than a coincidence.

Regrettably, it wasn't the most dysfunctional day in team history. Probably wasn't even in the top 10.

As for JW's post, I assume he was gloating not just about predicting that Miller would be traded, but about predicting some of the specifics of the trade. (I could be wrong about that though.). And Shrader pointed out that he posts frequently in the wee hours so not much there either.

Bottom line is that I continue to be deeply disappointed in this development. I cannot shake the foreboding sense that the most likely scenario is that you are right, TB is lying and there are a bunch of territorial, backbiting bozos at FNC -- and TN will bail this summer, TM will follow him not too much later and we'll find ourselves rooting for the Washington Redskins of the NHL.

However, there remains the distinct possibility that PLF was the one who created the problem. We don't know hardly anything, but we do know that he unquestionably left the Sabres in a very messy situation at the worst possible time. And we also know that instead of telling his side of the story, he accepted a payout and signed a non-disclosure agreement.

I just don't see Wawrow's post as being more than a coincidence.

Good post.

Wawrow can clarify if he logs on again. Not too concerned. He's actually a bright guy who can speak PAnese, which is why I highly doubt it was about Miller.

The whole thing is just sad with the Sabres. Bottom line, it's the owner's team and he can do what he wants. I even LIKE Battista and guess was one of a handful who knew who he was when he came in. I'm just back to the hopeless pit in my stomach of far too long that went away for a few months.

When will this franchise stop tripping over its own feet. Its embarrassing. Its bush league and even though it appeared they had turned the corner with the most recent hirings of PLF, TN and TM its become obvious that the disfunction is far from over. I agree Godd, it is very sad indeed. This franchise needs to grow out of this funk.

THIS.

This is what a large number of fans seem to either forget, or ignore.

I don't think we ignore or forget it. It's his team, sure. Know what? It's OUR team too, in some important sense. So the grousing and hand-wringing about what the fook is TP doing? Those are the qualities of an 'owner' shining through. A mere passive fan -- someone who may take more of an easy come, easy go attitude (I'll just watch House of Cards if the Sabres stink) -- may take the view, 'meh. It's his team. He'll do what he wants.' Fans who are deeply invested will complain, sometimes bitterly, soemtimes lyrically sometimes absurdly (I'm looking at you, Ghost, and yes you, PA (with love)).

It is our team, too. We're asking that TP be a good steward of it.

Is that what this thread is trying to be?

It wasn't Pegula meddling, it was one of Pegula's guys...

Idiotic conspiracy theorists couldn't provide evidence that Pegula was "meddling" (which was loosely defined for convenience), so now every ###### guy that gets hired in the front office gets put on trial as a tool for Pegula to remotely do his meddling? For ######'s sake. That is brain-rottingly stupid.

Never, ever. I usually glance at the thread author to gauge how stupid it might be.

Do I need to start doing that? Probably not.

LOL, no but you might want to think about the purpose of this thread. I don't buy the way this whole thing is going down.

I think it is bad for the Sabres and despite your opinion of this thread and its author, so stirring the pot a little more, imo is appropriate.

If something like this can generate a reaction, any reaction, it has served its purpose. If nothing else it has irritated the hell out of the Sabres management apologists... and added another vein to the discussion of how poorly the Sabres management still is.... MISSION ACCOMPLISHED :devil:

I don't think we ignore or forget it. It's his team, sure. Know what? It's OUR team too, in some important sense. So the grousing and hand-wringing about what the fook is TP doing? Those are the qualities of an 'owner' shining through. A mere passive fan -- someone who may take more of an easy come, easy go attitude (I'll just watch House of Cards if the Sabres stink) -- may take the view, 'meh. It's his team. He'll do what he wants.' Fans who are deeply invested will complain, sometimes bitterly, sometimes lyrically sometimes absurdly (I'm looking at you, Ghost, and yes you, PA (with love)).

It is our team, too. We're asking that TP be a good steward of it.

And as a passionate fan, I couldn't agree more. If TPEgs were in Toronto, they would have burning Efigees of him by now and the coals would already be hot.

I couldn't imagine what Don Cherry would be saying in a burning Red Suit. P.S. Lafontaine and Nolan wouldn't be unscathed either, let alone Black and Battiste.

Murray might be the only one still with a pass, but even he might have a caricature... say PUG face... just saying, not judging.

Edited by Icehole

When will this franchise stop tripping over its own feet. Its embarrassing. Its bush league and even though it appeared they had turned the corner with the most recent hirings of PLF, TN and TM its become obvious that the disfunction is far from over. I agree Godd, it is very sad indeed. This franchise needs to grow out of this funk.

Yes, WHATEVER the reasons for the "resignation" the event was handled abysmally badly by the Sabres front office.

• 2 weeks later...

JoeBa tweeted this yesterday morning:

"Future look of Sabres defense last night w/Ristolainen & Ruhwedel. Add Zadorov,Pysyk,McCabe w/vets & the competition makes them all better."

The funk does JoeBa know about the future look of the Sabres D? Nothing. Shaddup. But the fact that he's opining on the matter is not a good sign. #rampantcronyism

and i want JoeBa nowhere near a process that determines what the future look of the roster or franchise depth might be.

So #joeknownothingabouthockey

Sounding like he is more and more part of the reason LaFountaine left.. crap TPegs, time put him in a place in the organization where he can do no harm or give him a nice severance package and tell him to keep his mouth shut.

"Future look of Sabres defense last night w/Ristolainen & Ruhwedel. Add Zadorov,Pysyk,McCabe w/vets & the competition makes them all better."

The funk does JoeBa know about the future look of the Sabres D? Nothing. Shaddup. But the fact that he's opining on the matter is not a good sign. #rampantcronyism

Loose cannon, sounds like.

Or he's just a fan of the team he works for and is speculating just like we do...

Or he's just a fan of the team he works for and is speculating just like we do...

Well, that's just it, though. He's not just a fan of the team. He's the third-ranking person in the team's hockey department.

No. He's a Pegula buddy with a fancy title, he simply must be up to no good.

Yeah, yeah.

The story would not have rubbed me the wrong way if we hadn't had our hockey guy leave town under uncertain circumstances. Maybe this sort of stuff is totally benign. I hope so.

But here's the thing that I come around to: Does TM view all of those guys as part of the Sabres' future look on defense? (Ruhwedel?! Jesus.) Some of them? None of them?

Who the hell knows? No one outside of TM and his staff. And I am sure TM likes it that way.

So, what's the 3rd-ranking guy in the hockey department who knows dip squat about hockey doing spouting off about it?

JoeBa: Shut. Your. Yap.

Well, that's just it, though. He's not just a fan of the team. He's the third-ranking person in the team's hockey department.

Yeah, yeah.

The story would not have rubbed me the wrong way if we hadn't had our hockey guy leave town under uncertain circumstances. Maybe this sort of stuff is totally benign. I hope so.

But here's the thing that I come around to: Does TM view all of those guys as part of the Sabres' future look on defense? (Ruhwedel?! Jesus.) Some of them? None of them?

Who the hell knows? No one outside of TM and his staff. And I am sure TM likes it that way.

So, what's the 3rd-ranking guy in the hockey department who knows dip squat about hockey doing spouting off about it?

JoeBa: Shut. Your. Yap.

Sounds to me like he's just pumping tires. What all corporate types do when discussing their product.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.