[OT] How cold is it in your town this morning?

Weave

Sorry, I meant if nfreeman was joking. I thought it was funny that the "global warming, my ass" was followed up by a post exclaiming record-breaking warm temperatures.

Ah OK. Coincidence and timing, that's all. ;)

With the exception of about a two week period in January where we were well below average, it's been extremely hot this year. Novemeber was 3° above average, December was 6° above average, and so far February is 9° above average! If anybody is familiar with South Florida weather, especially coastal, increases like that are unheard of because of temperatures are usually very stable. It is getting really old, I've been planning on getting out of here and this is only accelerating everything.

Glad I stayed home today. Snowmageddon materializing here in Raleigh with major thoroughfares turning to parking lots. Approaching 5" on the ground where I'm at, which is equivalent to multiple feet in WNY.

We got 10" a couple of weeks ago. It turns out snowplows matter, and for southern cities who have very few of them, a little snow can bring things to a halt. Be safe!

It wouldn't bother me. It's weird. Cold-cold is just fine with me. There's something about 42 I just hate.

I was trying to avoid this, because I knew it was coming:

You just drew first ###### off.

But yeah, my thermometer doesn't care about anything. Living in Buffalo taught me how to deal with snow, rain, and clouds. Living in Madison taught me how to deal with cold-cold and wind. Every year it'd be below 25-32 with no thaw for more than a consecutive month. Cold-cold is nice sometimes, especially if it's not windy. A lot of time it's sunny, and the snow crunches under your feet. Real low humidity. 40 degrees and raining is probably my least favorite.

I'd actually like to see it snow in LA, just once, and only like 0.5". I'd have no problem with it, but society would just crumble in the worst ways imaginable around here.

I'm pretty sure within a half hour of the first flakes, you'd see some serious Road Warrior ###### at grocery stores and gas stations.

road1.jpg

The rebound has been dramatic, from -25 around here to 25 today. Not a record, I'm sure, but pretty impressive. Imagine a summer day that's 30 in the wee hours and 80 in the afternoon.

The wife just told me it hit 34 degrees this afternoon. A 45 degree swing not related to a strong front passing. Wow.

Edit: Weatherbug sez we only hit 22. Momma's car must have been in a sunny spot.

Edited by weave

So cold that my sump pump line outside is frozen solid.

Hope you have it unplugged or turned off... I had to replace mine about a month ago after the motor burned out attempting to pump through a frozen pipe.

It wouldn't bother me. It's weird. Cold-cold is just fine with me. There's something about 42 I just hate.

This exactly. I'm so much happier with solid 20s than 40s in the winter because damp cold is the worst!

24 here outside of Raleigh...but a winter apocalypse is on the way. Expecting 1-3" today followed by potential damaging ice storm later today into tonight. I'm working from home already today because they closed my kids school in anticipation of the storm and if we get anything close to what they are predicting everything will be shut down tomorrow too.

Amount of snow needed to close schools.

a65s97b.png

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.