GDT: Pittsburgh at Buffalo 2-5-14 at 7:30 PM EST

26CornerBlitz

TM has to be patient to get the best return, I get that. But he has to be thinking, "I want to trade half this f'n team tomorrow."

I'd bet he would prefer releasing the entire roster and having an expansion draft at the end of the year.

Why is John Scott dressed against the Pittsburgh Penguins? What a complete waste of time.

I'd bet he would prefer releasing the entire roster and having an expansion draft at the end of the year.

Why is John Scott dressed against the Pittsburgh Penguins? What a complete waste of time.

What's really sad is that he wasn't the worst forward on our team.

Is Hodgson hurt ? I barely noticed him out there.

After the Gibbons goal off the faceoff Miller gave his wtf wave. Will it be his last in a Sabres uni ?

Did you notice how the Pens one-timed and quick fired about 10 shots on Miller? I think Quick gets the nod in the Olympics. The gameplan against Miller worked tonight.

Did Cody Hodgson play tonight? That's not the mark of a #2 center in the NHL.

Playing with Omark on your line is like playing without a stick.

(Oh, I'm officially OFF the Omark bandwagon btw)

Men's downhill combined.

This is the phrase that will describe this year's Buffalo Sabres.

Thank goodness this is over. Is this the last game on NBCS?

Nope. 'nother Rivalry Game against the Bruins after the Olympics. That could actually be good, if Nolan prepares them for it like it was their Stanley Cup.

1461735-propane_20tank_20copy_small.jpg

Am I doing this right?

A propane TANK :w00t:

Did you notice how the Pens one-timed and quick fired about 10 shots on Miller? I think Quick gets the nod in the Olympics. The gameplan against Miller worked tonight.

I considered this, and I have no idea if Miller starts over Quick, but I would put 4 of those goals squarely on this defense.

3 goals were from point blank.....they walked right in. The Gibbons goal was a set piece that ....well, would give any coach from high school on up a stroke after the lost faceoff.

The Neal goal was a softy.

Giving up 5 goals never looks good. But only the Neal goal was squarely on Miller. And that was a bad one.

But the stock that dropped last night in front of scouts wasn't Miller, it was McBain, Webber, Sulzer. Yikes. A coach just can't hide them against a stacked team.

It will be hard to throw any of those guys into a package playoff trade for playoff depth. . Any team might be asking for Rudy instead.

In that sense it was a tremendously bad night. Really bad.

Edited by X. Benedict

I considered this, and I have no idea if Miller starts over Quick, but I would put 4 of those goals squarely on this defense.

3 goals were from point blank.....they walked right in. The Gibbons goal was a set piece that ....well, would give any coach from high school on up a stroke after the lost faceoff.

The Neal goal was a softy.

Giving up 5 goals never looks good. But only the Neal goal was squarely on Miller. And that was a bad one.

But the stock that dropped last night in front of scouts wasn't Miller, it was McBain, Webber, Sulzer. Yikes. A coach just can't hide them against a stacked team.

It will be hard to throw any of those guys into a package playoff trade for playoff depth. . Any team might be asking for Rudy instead.

In that sense it was a tremendously bad night. Really bad.

I see your point but can these 3 actually drop any lower?

yes the defense is bad, but at some point the goalie needs to be also held accountable just like the rest of the team. you just can't simply blame every single goal scored on the defense no matter how bad they are. it is a joint venture.

It'd be unfair to say that every goal is blamed on the defense, it's never the defense's fault when Enroth is in net, only when Miller is in net.

So I didn't go back and read the whole thread, but it is interesting that because the Sabres forwards cannot score, it looks like Nolan has them practicing getting on offense (for the future). Problem is, with few exceptions, they can't play D either (the Sabres forwards). But at least it is forcing forwards to play the full 90 feet and not be lazy. I like the long term plan of this concept and also the short term tank results.

When the team drafts and obtains forwards that can play 90 feet and score with the talent on D, this is going to be a fun team to watch.

Too bad Miller was left hung out to dry (sarcasm). Hasek used to make those saves on SID and Malkin, which is why many say Miller is an above average goalie, but not a great one.

Despite what people say I like McBain, and as much as I like Weber and his attitude... I agree with others, dude just can't skate... he is too slow. I say keep McBain as a 7th, he needs to be more consistent, but he can skate.

Edited by North Buffalo

I get that the Sabres are on a downswing right now but these announcers in game and between periods are nausiating. Doesn't the NHL have a "flex" similiar to the NFL so I could atleast listen to RJ!?? This is not a marquee matchup right now, why is it even on NBC?

NBC has the Olympics and this game has the Canadian captain, a dynamic Russian goal scorer, and about as close to a household name as there is in the States with Miller.

In other words, it was an ad for the Olympics.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.